Education and youth in post-independent Eritrea: An analytical study
AbstractThe efficiency of any education and training system is often judged by how well this system prepares the youth for gainful employment and thus bring a positive social and economic change. The students in Eritrea need to acquire appropriate knowledge and skills as part of their education and training. The paper mainly deals with the areas of education and economic development, education and youth. In addition, it also highlights some of the problems and challenges of education in post-independent Eritrea. The methodology used in this paper is essentially a descriptive analysis of data obtained from secondary sources, mainly government and Ministry of Education documents, survey reports, research articles, books and other published, and unpublished, materials on Eritrea.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 11119.
Date of creation: Jan 2006
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in The African Symposium 3 & 4.6(2006): pp. 85-94
Education; Youth; Eritrea; Social change and Development; Human capital;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- A2 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics
- I22 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Educational Finance; Financial Aid
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rena, Ravinder, 2004. "Eritrean Education - Retrospect And Prospect," MPRA Paper 10313, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Dec 2004.
- Rena, Ravinder, 2004. "Financing Of Education In Eritrea - A Case Study Of Zoba Maekel," MPRA Paper 10314, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2005.
- Rena, Ravinder, 2008. "Education in Eritrea: Developmental Challenges," MPRA Paper 12626, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Apr 2008.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.