Pratiques des employeurs en matière de licenciements : une analyse sur données d'entreprises
AbstractThe main purpose of the article is to analyze employers' practices in terms of layoffs over the period 1999-2009. Our empirical approach is based on firm dataset from matching worker movements data (EMMO-DMMO) and accounting data (EAE). We want to identify the factors linking the two types of layoffs (for economic reason and for personal reason). The results of the econometric analysis show a separation between dismissal for personal reason and dismissal for economic reason : on the one hand, the economic indicators have a more systematic influence on dismissal for economic reason ; on the other hand, worker management variables are clearly more associated with the use of dismissal for personnal reason.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne in its series Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne with number 12049.
Length: 41 pages
Date of creation: Jul 2012
Date of revision:
Layoffs; workforce reduction; firm performance; firm database; bivariate probit.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J63 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies - - - Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
- K31 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Labor Law
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Évelyne Serverin & Julie Valentin & Thierry Kirat & Damien Sauze & Raphaël Dalmasso, 2008. "Évaluer le droit du licenciement. Comparaison des droits et des procédures, mesure des actions," Revue de l'OFCE, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(4), pages 29-64.
- Bentolila, Samuel & Bertola, Giuseppe, 1990. "Firing Costs and Labour Demand: How Bad Is Eurosclerosis?," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(3), pages 381-402, July.
- Patrick Sentis, 1998. "Performances à long terme et caractéristiques financières des entreprises qui réduisent leurs effectifs," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 1(4), pages 115-150, December.
- Bénédicte Reynaud, 2010. "Workforce reduction and firm performance: Evidence from French firm data," PSE Working Papers halshs-00564828, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.