A multidimensional approach to the measurement of poverty
AbstractBy using fuzzy set theory a cross country multidimensional analysis of poverty is performed on the basis of ECHP data. A set of composite indicators is contructed in order to analyse different dimensions of poverty. For each indicator is calculated an unidimensional poverty ratio, thus allowing a comparison among countries and indicators on the dimensions of poverty. Finally, for each country a multidimensional poverty ratio is obtained.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD in its series IRISS Working Paper Series with number 2002-05.
Date of creation: Dec 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 3, avenue de la Fonte, L-4364 Esch-sur-Alzette, G.-D. Luxembourg
Phone: 00352 / 58 58 55 - 1
Fax: 00352 / 58 58 55 - 700
Web page: http://iriss.ceps.lu/
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-01-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2003-01-12 (Econometrics)
- NEP-LAB-2003-01-12 (Labour Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Franco Peracchi, 2002. "The European Community Household Panel: A review," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 63-90.
- repec:ese:iserwp:2002-32 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kojo Appiah-Kubi & Edward Amanning-Ampomah & Christian Ahortor, 2007. "Multi-Dimensional Analysis of Poverty in Ghana Using Fuzzy Sets Theory," Working Papers PMMA 2007-21, PEP-PMMA.
- Elena Pirani, 2013. "Evaluating contemporary social exclusion in Europe: a hierarchical latent class approach," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 923-941, February.
- Diallo, Fatoumata Lamarana, 2010. "Analysing multidimensional poverty in Guinea: A fuzzy set approach," MERIT Working Papers 041, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- BILOA ESSIMI Jean Aristide, BEJA & CHAMENI NEMBUA Célestin, CNC & MIAMO WENDJI Clovis, MWC, 2012. "A subgroup decomposition of inequality of poverty in Cameroon," MPRA Paper 38141, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Feubi Pamen, Eric Patrick & Gankou, Jean Marie & Emini, Arnault Christian, 2010.
"Dynamique de la pauvreté non monétaire au Cameroun entre 2001 et 2007: analyse en correspondances multiples et tests de dominance stochastique
[Dynamic of non monetary poverty in Cameroon between," MPRA Paper 32701, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sudarno Sumarto & Daniel Suryadarma & Asep Suryahadi, 2006.
"Predicting Consumption Poverty Using Non-consumption Indicators : Experiments Using Indonesian Data,"
Development Economics Working Papers
22542, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Sudarno Sumarto & Daniel Suryadarma & Asep Suryahadi, 2007. "Predicting Consumption Poverty using Non-Consumption Indicators: Experiments using Indonesian Data," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 81(3), pages 543-578, May.
- Finco, Marcus Vinicius Alves & Doppler, Werner, 0. "The Brazilian Program of Biodiesel and its â€˜Pro-Poorâ€™ Strategy: Reality or Dream? A Multi-Dimensional Measurement of Poverty using Fuzzy Sets," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, vol. 50.
- Costa, Michele, 2003. "A comparison between unidimensional and multidimensional approaches to the measurement of poverty," IRISS Working Paper Series 2003-02, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Biloa Essimi, Jean Aristide & Chameni Nembua, Celestin, 2011.
"L’Inégalité de Pauvreté Au Cameroun : Une Analyse Empirique à L’aide de la décomposition en sous-groupes de Dagum
[Inequality of poverty in Cameroon: A Dagum sub-group decomposition analys," MPRA Paper 32966, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cielito F. Habito, 2010. "Patterns of Inclusive Growth in Developing Asia: Insights from an Enhanced Growth-Poverty Elasticity Analysis," Working Papers id:3076, eSocialSciences.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Philippe Van Kerm).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.