The structure of income mobility: empirical evidence from five UE countries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Empirical Economics.
Volume (Year): 35 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Stumpergasse 56, A-1060 Vienna
Phone: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 0
Fax: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 555
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00181/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- J60 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christian Schluter & Mark Trede, 2003. "Local versus Global Assessment of Mobility," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 44(4), pages 1313-1335, November.
- Stephen P. Jenkins & Philippe Van Kerm, 2006.
"Trends in income inequality, pro-poor income growth, and income mobility,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(3), pages 531-548, July.
- Stephen P. Jenkins & Philippe VanKerm, 2003. "Trends in Income Inequality, Pro-Poor Income Growth and Income Mobility," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 377, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Jenkins, Stephen P. & Van Kerm, Philippe, 2003. "Trends in income inequality, pro-poor income growth and income mobility," IRISS Working Paper Series 2003-11, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Jenkins, Stephen P. & Van Kerm, Philippe, 2003. "Trends in Income Inequality, Pro-Poor Income Growth and Income Mobility," IZA Discussion Papers 904, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Tapan Mitra & Efe A. Ok, 1998. "The measurement of income mobility: A partial ordering approach," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 77-102.
- Jarvis, Sarah & Jenkins, Stephen P, 1998. "How Much Income Mobility Is There in Britain?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(447), pages 428-43, March.
- Fields, Gary S & Ok, Efe A, 1999. "Measuring Movement of Incomes," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 66(264), pages 455-71, November.
- Fields, Gary S. & Ok, Efe A., 1996. "The Meaning and Measurement of Income Mobility," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 349-377, November.
- Javier Ruiz-Castillo, 2004. "The measurement of structural and exchange income mobility," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 219-228, September.
- Aaberge, Rolf & Björklund, Anders & Jäntti, Markus & Palme, Mårten & Pedersen, Peder & Smith, Nina & Wennemo, Tom, 1996.
"Income Inequality and Income Mobility in the Scandinavian Countries Compared to the United States,"
Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
98, Stockholm School of Economics, revised Aug 2002.
- Aaberge, Rolf, et al, 2002. "Income Inequality and Income Mobility in the Scandinavian Countries Compared to the United States," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 48(4), pages 443-69, December.
- Rolf Aaberge & Anders Björklund & Markus Jäntti & Mårten Palme & Peder J. Pedersen & Nina Smith & Tom Wennemo, 1996. "Income Inequality and Income Mobility in the Scandinavian Countries Compared to the United States," Discussion Papers 168, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Van Kerm, Philippe, 2003.
"What Lies Behind Income Mobility? Reranking and Distributional Change in Belgium, Western Germany and the USA,"
IRISS Working Paper Series
2003-03, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Philippe Van Kerm, 2004. "What Lies Behind Income Mobility? Reranking and Distributional Change in Belgium, Western Germany and the USA," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 71(281), pages 223-239, 05.
- repec:ese:iserwp:2002-32 is not listed on IDEAS
- Franco Peracchi, 2002. "The European Community Household Panel: A review," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 63-90.
- Peter Gottschalk & Sheldon Danziger, 1997. "Family Income Mobility -- How Much Is There and Has It Changed?," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 398, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Luis Ayala & Carolina Navarro & Mercedes Sastre, 2006.
"Cross-Country Income Mobility Comparisons Under Panel Attrition: The Relevance of Weighting Schemes,"
47, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Luis Ayala & Carolina Navarro & Mercedes Sastre, 2011. "Cross-country income mobility comparisons under panel attrition: the relevance of weighting schemes," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(25), pages 3495-3521.
- Luis Ayala & Carolina Navarro & Mercedes Sastre, . "Cross-Country Income Mobility Comparisons Under Panel Attrition: The Relevance Of Weighting Schemes," Working Papers 19-06 Classification-JEL , Instituto de Estudios Fiscales.
- Shorrocks, A F, 1982. "Inequality Decomposition by Factor Components," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 193-211, January.
- Gardiner, Karen & Hills, John, 1999. "Policy Implications of New Data on Income Mobility," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(453), pages F91-111, February.
- repec:ese:iserwp:2003-15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul Gregg & Claudia Vittori, 2008. "Exploring Shorrocks Mobility Indices Using European Data," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 08/206, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Jäntti, Markus & Jenkins, Stephen P., 2013.
IZA Discussion Papers
7730, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Markus Jäntti & Stephen P. Jenkins, 2013. "Income Mobility," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 607, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Lukiyanova Anna & Oshchepkov Aleksey, 2009.
"Income Mobility in Russia (2000 – 2005),"
EERC Working Paper Series
09/02e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Veronica Polin & Michele Raitano, 2012. "Poverty Dynamics in Clusters of European Union Countries: Related Events and Main Determinants," Working Papers 10/2012, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Olga Cantó & Carlos Gradín & Coral del Río, 2010.
"Pobreza crónica, transitoria y recurrente en España,"
1003, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Olga Cantó & Carlos Gradín & Coral Del Río, 2012. "Pobreza Crónica, Transitoria Y Recurrente En España," Revista de Economia Aplicada, Universidad de Zaragoza, Departamento de Estructura Economica y Economia Publica, vol. 20(1), pages 69-94, Spring.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.