When will trade restrictions affect producer behavior: Oligopsony power in international trade
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Stavanger in its series UiS Working Papers in Economics and Finance with number 2009/20.
Length: 25 pages
Date of creation: 09 Apr 2009
Date of revision:
Oligopsony; Residual supply; trade;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Goldberg, Pinelopi Koujianou & Knetter, Michael M., 1999.
"Measuring the intensity of competition in export markets,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 27-60, February.
- Pinelopi K. Goldberg & Michael M. Knetter, 1995. "Measuring the Intensity of Competition in Export Markets," NBER Working Papers 5226, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas J. Prusa, 1997.
"The Trade Effects of U.S. Antidumping Actions,"
in: The Effects of U.S. Trade Protection and Promotion Policies, pages 191-214
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frank Asche, 2001.
"Testing the effect of an anti-dumping duty: The US salmon market,"
Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 343-355.
- Asche, F., 1998. "Testing the Effect of an Anti-Dumping Duty: the US Salmon Market," Papers 26/98, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Asche, Frank, 1999. "Testing The Effect Of An Anti-Dumping Duty: The Us Salmon Market," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21714, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Austvik, Ole Gunnar, 1997. "Gas pricing in a liberalized European market; will the rent be taxed away?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 997-1012, October.
- Schroeter, John R., 1988.
"Estimating the Degree of Market Power in the Beef Packing Industry,"
Staff General Research Papers
11114, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Schroeter, John R, 1988. "Estimating the Degree of Market Power in the Beef Packing Industry," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(1), pages 158-62, February.
- Sven W. Arndt & J. David Richardson, 1988. "Real-Financial Linkages Among Open Economies," NBER Working Papers 2230, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John R. Schroeter & Azzeddine M. Azzam, & Mingxia Zhang, 2000.
"Measuring Market Power in Bilateral Oligopoly: The Wholesale Market for Beef,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 66(3), pages 526-547, January.
- Schroeter, John R. & Azzam, Azzeddine M. & Zhang, Mingxia, 2000. "Measuring Market Power in Bilateral Oligopoly: The Wholesale Market for Beef," Staff General Research Papers 1777, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Lau, Lawrence J., 1982. "On identifying the degree of competitiveness from industry price and output data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-2), pages 93-99.
- Baker, Jonathan B. & Bresnahan, Timothy F., 1988. "Estimating the residual demand curve facing a single firm," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 283-300.
- Appelbaum, Elie, 1982. "The estimation of the degree of oligopoly power," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 287-299, August.
- Teisl, Mario F. & Roe, Brian & Hicks, Robert L., 2002. "Can Eco-Labels Tune a Market? Evidence from Dolphin-Safe Labeling," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 339-359, May.
- Steen, Frode & Salvanes, Kjell G., 1999.
"Testing for market power using a dynamic oligopoly model,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 147-177, February.
- Salvanes, K.G. & Steen, F., 1995. "Testing for Market Power Using a Dynamic OLigopoly Model," Papers 13/95, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Corts, Kenneth S., 1998. "Conduct parameters and the measurement of market power," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 227-250, November.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F., 1982. "The oligopoly solution concept is identified," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-2), pages 87-92.
- Catherine J. Morrison Paul, 2001. "Cost Economies And Market Power: The Case Of The U.S. Meat Packing Industry," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(3), pages 531-540, August.
- Kang, Hyunsoo & Kennedy, P. Lynn & Hilbun, Brian M., 2009. "Structure And Conduct Of The World Rice Market," 2009 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2009, Atlanta, Georgia 46080, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernt Arne Odegaard).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.