Toward a regionalisation of industrial politics: the case of French aerospace industry in Aquitaine (In French)
AbstractIn this paper, we examine the hypothesis of the increasing role of regional level for designing and driving industrial politics in France. We consider the case of aerospace industry and Aquitaine region. We adopt a historical approach, and consider three key periods. The first corresponds to the initial localizations of aerospace plants in Aquitaine: between WWI and sixties. Then we consider the nineties when the Aquitaine industry –essentially defence oriented- enters into crisis. The third period concerns the current years. This historical approach shows that the region is now a key actor for the local aerospace plants. It’s a new phenomenon. In the two first periods, the State oriented closely the development of this strategic industry; now the Aquitaine institutions are major sources for supporting the local enterprises. In conclusion, we stress some limits of the regionalisation process.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales in its series Cahiers du GRES with number 2007-07.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
Aerospace industry; Aquitaine; Industrial policy; Regional development;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L62 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Automobiles; Other Transportation Equipment
- L64 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Other Machinery; Business Equipment; Armaments
- L52 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Industrial Policy; Sectoral Planning Methods
- R38 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Government Policy
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
- N64 - Economic History - - Manufacturing and Construction - - - Europe: 1913-
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christophe CARRINCAZEAUX (e3i-IFReDE-GRES) & Vincent FRIGANT (e3i-IFReDE-GRES), 2006. "The internationalisation of the French aerospace industry in the 1990s: a break with the past? (In French)," Cahiers du GRES 2006-15, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Marie-Claude BELIS-BERGOUIGNAN (E3i, IFReDE-GRES) & Christophe CARRINCAZEAUX (E3i, IFReDE-GRES), 2004. "Knowledge economics and underlying weaknesses in premises governing local policies on technology," Cahiers du GRES 2004-06, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Frédéric MAZAUD (LEREPS-GRES) & Marie LAGASSE (AIRBUS-FRANCE), 2007. "Vertical sub-contracting relationships strategy, the Airbus First-tier suppliers\' coordination," Cahiers du GRES 2007-02, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vincent Frigant).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.