The Adaptability Of The French Armaments Industry In An Era Of Globalization
AbstractThe transformations of the French arms industry have to be put in the context of the dramatic changes in the geopolitical and economic environment, or globalization. This paper documents the role of military-related technological programs in French technology policy, and their contribution to the technological performance of defense contractors and manufacturing industry generally. It employs the concept of a French Meso-system of Armaments (FMSA) to describe the set of committed governmental organizations and industrial companies, which are bound up with each other through market and non-market relationships. The paper traces the main transformations of the FMSA that aim at preserving, through adaptation, the intertwined relationships between the state and defense companies over the past decades and in particular in the decade following the collapse of the communist system.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Industry and Innovation.
Volume (Year): 8 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CIAI20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guillou, Sarah & Lazaric, Nathalie & Longhi, Christian & Rochhia, Sylvie, 2009.
"The French defence industry in the knowledge management era: A historical overview and evidence from empirical data,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 170-180, February.
- Sarah Guillou & Nathalie Lazaric & Christian Longhi & Sylvie Rochhia, 2009. "The French defence industry in the knowledge management era: A historical overview and evidence from empirical data," Post-Print halshs-00721866, HAL.
- Sarah Guillou & Nathalie Lazaric & Christian Longhi & Sylvie Rochhia, 2009. "The French defence industry in the knowledge management era: A historical overview and evidence from empirical data," Post-Print hal-00457550, HAL.
- Vincent FRIGANT (GREThA), 2007. "Toward a regionalisation of industrial policy: the case of French aerospace industry in Aquitaine (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA 2007-03, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Christophe CARRINCAZEAUX (e3i-IFReDE-GRES) & Vincent FRIGANT (e3i-IFReDE-GRES), 2006. "The internationalisation of the French aerospace industry in the 1990s: a break with the past? (In French)," Cahiers du GRES 2006-15, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.