Buyer-Supplier Relationships Influence On Traceability Implementation In The Vegetable Industry
AbstractThe increasing importance of food safety has made traceability a crucial issue in the agri-business industry. In this article, we have analysed the factors that shape the buyer-supplier relationships, and how they influence the traceability of raw materials. In order to do so, first, we have made a literature review to develop an analytical framework. Next, we have carried out four case studies on vegetable firms with the purpose of uncovering the variables that characterise buyer-supplier relationships, and its influence on traceability in this sector. Finally, we have compared the observed links with the conceptual framework derived from the literature in order to build and improved model.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía de la Empresa in its series Business Economics Working Papers with number wb060502.
Date of creation: Jan 2006
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-01-24 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- José Antonio Alfaro & María José Álvarez & María José Montes, 2002. "Lagging Behind Versus Advancing Too Fast? Identifying Gaps Research In Supply Chain," Business Economics Working Papers wb021409, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Willem Ziggers, Gerrit & Trienekens, Jacques, 1999. "Quality assurance in food and agribusiness supply chains: Developing successful partnerships," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 271-279, April.
- Galliano, Danielle & Orozco, L., 2008. "Intra and Inter organisational determinants of electronic-based traceability adoption: evidences from the French agri-food industry," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 43952, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Alfaro, Jos A. & Rbade, Luis A., 2009. "Traceability as a strategic tool to improve inventory management: A case study in the food industry," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 104-110, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.