Relative Performance Evaluation and the Turnover of Provincial Leaders in China
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics in its series Discussion Papers with number 00010.
Date of creation: May 2005
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Other versions of this item:
- Chen, Ye & Li, Hongbin & Zhou, Li-An, 2005. "Relative performance evaluation and the turnover of provincial leaders in China," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 88(3), pages 421-425, September.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tirole, J., 1993.
"The Internal Organization of Government,"
93-11, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Frye, Timothy & Shleifer, Andrei, 1997.
"The Invisible Hand and the Grabbing Hand,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 354-58, May.
- Li, Hongbin & Zhou, Li-An, 2005. "Political turnover and economic performance: the incentive role of personnel control in China," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(9-10), pages 1743-1762, September.
- Olivier Blanchard & Andrei Shleifer, 2001.
"Federalism With and Without Political Centralization: China Versus Russia,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 48(4), pages 8.
- Olivier Blanchard & Andrei Shleifer, 2000. "Federalism with and without Political Centralization: China versus Russia," NBER Working Papers 7616, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivier Blanchard & Andrei Shleifer, 2000. "Federalism With and Without Political Centralization. China versus Russia," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1889, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Eric Maskin & Yingyi Qian & Chengagn Xu, 1997.
"Incentives, Scale Economies and Organizational Form,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1801, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Eric Maskin & Yingyi Quan & Chenggang Xu, 1997. "Incentives, Scale Economies, and Organizational Form," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 51, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1989. "Pay Equality and Industrial Politics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(3), pages 561-80, June.
- Piotroski, Joseph D. & Zhang, Tianyu, 2014. "Politicians and the IPO decision: The impact of impending political promotions on IPO activity in China," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 111(1), pages 111-136.
- Liu, Guy S. & Sun, Pei & Wing Thye Woo, 2007. "What motivates and constrains politicians to privatize? The case of China," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 81-86, October.
- Julan Du & Hongsheng Fang & Xiangrong Jin, 2013. "Chinese Political and Economic Governance System and the Imbalance between Consumption and Investment," Working Papers 232013, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Yang, Ruilong & Wang, Yuan & Nie, Huihua, 2012.
[The Political Promotion for Quasi-Government Officers: Evidence from Central State-owned Enterprises in China]," MPRA Paper 50317, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Sep 2013.
- Li, Lixing, 2011.
"The incentive role of creating "cities" in China,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 172-181, March.
- Che, Yi, 2009. "Mismatch: land reallocations, recovery land rental and land rental market development in rural China," MPRA Paper 39794, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Markus Eberhardt & Zheng Wang & Zhihong Yu, 2014. "From One to Many Central Plans: Drug Advertising Inspections and Intra-National Protectionism in China," CESifo Working Paper Series 4682, CESifo Group Munich.
- Markus Eberhardt & Zheng Wang & Zhihong Yu, 2013.
"Intra-National Protectionism in China: Evidence from the Public Disclosure of ‘Illegal’ Drug Advertising,"
2013-04, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Markus Eberhardt & Zheng Wang & Zhihong Yu, 2013. "Intra-National Protectionism in China: Evidence from the Public Disclosure of 'Illegal' Drug Advertising," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2013-07, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Markus Eberhardt & Zheng Wang & Zhihong Yu, 2013. "Intra-National Protectionism in China: Evidence from the Public Disclosure of ‘Illegal’ Drug Advertising," CSAE Working Paper Series 2013-07, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Chenggang Xu, 2011. "The Fundamental Institutions of China's Reforms and Development," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 49(4), pages 1076-1151, December.
- Markevich, Andrei & Zhuravskaya, Ekaterina, 2011.
"M-form hierarchy with poorly-diversified divisions: a case of Khrushchev’s reform in Soviet Russia,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8221, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Markevich, Andrei & Zhuravskaya, Ekaterina, 2011. "M-form hierarchy with poorly-diversified divisions: A case of Khrushchev's reform in Soviet Russia," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(11), pages 1550-1560.
- Li, Yuan, 2013. "Downward Accountability in Response to Collective Actions: The Political Economy of Public Goods Provision in China," Working Paper Series 2013-26, Stockholm China Economic Research Institute, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Liu, Guy S. & Sun, Pei & Woo, Wing Thye, 2006. "The Political Economy of Chinese-Style Privatization: Motives and Constraints," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2016-2033, December.
- Andrei Markevich & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2009. "Career Concerns in a Political Hierarchy: A Case of Regional Leaders in Soviet Russia," Working Papers w0040, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.