Dinámica Laboral en Chile
AbstractIn this article we use data from the National Employment Survey conducted by Chile’s National Statistics Institute (INE) to analyze the dynamic behavior of the Chilean labor market during the years 1993 to 2009. We study both the size and the cyclical behavior of flows among three different labor market states: employment, unemployment, and out of labor force. We also evaluate the contribution of those flows to the variance of the unemployment rate.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Central Bank of Chile in its series Working Papers Central Bank of Chile with number 659.
Date of creation: Jan 2012
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gomes, Pedro, 2012.
"Labour market flows: Facts from the United Kingdom,"
Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 165-175.
- Gomes, Pedro Maia, 2010. "Labour Market Flows: Facts from the United Kingdom," IZA Discussion Papers 5327, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Barbara Petrongolo & Christopher A. Pissarides, 2008.
"The Ins and Outs of European Unemployment,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0853, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Petrongolo, Barbara & Pissarides, Christopher, 2008. "The Ins and Outs of European Unemployment," CEPR Discussion Papers 6681, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Petrongolo, Barbara & Pissarides, Christopher A., 2008. "The Ins and Outs of European Unemployment," IZA Discussion Papers 3315, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Robert Shimer, 2005. "The Cyclical Behavior of Equilibrium Unemployment and Vacancies," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(1), pages 25-49, March.
- Bhashkar Mazumder, 2007. "New evidence on labor market dynamics over the business cycle," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q I, pages 36-46.
- V. V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe & Ellen R. McGrattan, 2007.
"Business Cycle Accounting,"
Econometric Society, vol. 75(3), pages 781-836, 05.
- V. V. Chari & Patrick Kehoe & Ellen McGrattan, 2004. "Business Cycle Accounting," Levine's Bibliography 122247000000000560, UCLA Department of Economics.
- V.V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe & Ellen McGrattan, 2004. "Business Cycle Accounting," NBER Working Papers 10351, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- V. V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe & Ellen R. McGrattan, 2006. "Business cycle accounting," Staff Report 328, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- V. V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe & Ellen R. McGrattan, 2002. "Business cycle accounting," Working Papers 625, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- V V Chari & Patrick J Kehoe & Ellen R. McGrattan, 2003. "Business Cycle Accounting," Levine's Bibliography 506439000000000421, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Michael Elsby & Bart Hobijn & Aysegül Sahin, 2009.
"Unemployment dynamics in the OECD,"
Working Paper Series
2009-04, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Michael W.L. Elsby & Bart Hobijn & Aysegul Sahin, 2011. "Unemployment Dynamics in the OECD," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-159/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Michael Elsby & Bart Hobijn & Aysegul Sahin, 2008. "Unemployment Dynamics in the OECD," NBER Working Papers 14617, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert G. King & Sergio T. Rebelo, 2000.
"Resuscitating Real Business Cycles,"
RCER Working Papers
467, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Shigeru Fujita & Garey Ramey, 2009.
"The Cyclicality Of Separation And Job Finding Rates,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 50(2), pages 415-430, 05.
- Shigeru Fujita & Garey Ramey, 2007. "The cyclicality of separation and job finding rates," Working Papers 07-19, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Víctor O. Lima & Ricardo D. Paredes, 2007. "The dynamics of the labor markets in Chile," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 34(2 Year 20), pages 163-183, December.
- Pries, Michael & Rogerson, Richard, 2009. "Search frictions and labor market participation," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 53(5), pages 568-587, July.
- Elías Albagli & Pablo García & Jorge Restrepo, 2004. "Labor Market Rigidity and Structural Shocks: An Open-Economy Approach for International Comparisons," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 263, Central Bank of Chile.
- Gary Solon & Ryan Michaels & Michael W. L. Elsby, 2009.
"The Ins and Outs of Cyclical Unemployment,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 84-110, January.
- repec:cml:incocp:1-03 is not listed on IDEAS
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Juan Pablo Medina & Alberto Naudon, 2012. "Labor Market Dynamic in Chile:The Role of the Terms of Trade," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 15(1), pages 32-75, April.
- Stephanie Schmitt-Grohé & Martín Uribe, 2012. "Pegs, Downward Wage Rigidity, and Unemployment: the Role of Financial Structure," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 672, Central Bank of Chile.
- José Rodriguez & Gabriel Rodriguez, 2012. "Explaining the Transition Probabilities in the Peruvian Labor Market," Documentos de Trabajo 2012-334, Departamento de Economía - Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudio Sepulveda).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.