New evidence on labor market dynamics over the business cycle
AbstractUsing data from the U.S. Census Bureau’s Survey of Income and Program Participation, the author investigates how much of the cyclicality in unemployment is due to variation in the job finding rate versus the job separation rate. In addition, the article explores how employment dynamics have differed by demographic subgroups.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago in its journal Economic Perspectives.
Volume (Year): (2007)
Issue (Month): Q I ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: P.O. Box 834, 230 South LaSalle Street, Chicago, Illinois 60690-0834
Web page: http://www.chicagofed.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Oliver Jean Blanchard & Finn E. Kydland, 1989. "Macroeconomic implications," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 201-213.
- Davis, Steven J & Haltiwanger, John C, 1992.
"Gross Job Creation, Gross Job Destruction, and Employment Reallocation,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 107(3), pages 819-63, August.
- Steve J. Davis & John Haltiwanger, 1991. "Gross job creation, gross job destruction and employment reallocation," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 91-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Steve J. Davis & John Haltiwanger, 1991. "Gross Job Creation, Gross Job Destruction and Employment Reallocation," NBER Working Papers 3728, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Macarena García & Alberto Naudon, 2012. "Dinámica Laboral en Chile," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 659, Central Bank of Chile.
- Ludo Visschers & Carlos Carrillo-Tudela, 2011.
"Unemployment and Endogenous Reallocation over the Business Cycle,"
2011 Meeting Papers
1101, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Carlos Carrillo-Tudela, 2012. "Unemployment and Endogenous Reallocation over the Business Cycle," 2012 Meeting Papers 1045, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Carlos Carrillo-Tudela & Ludo Visschers, 2014. "Unemployment and Endogenous Reallocation over the Business Cycle," Economics Working Papers we1410, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Carlos Carrillo-Tudela & Ludo Visschers, 2013. "Unemployment and Endogenous Reallocation over the Business Cycle," CESifo Working Paper Series 4079, CESifo Group Munich.
- Carrillo-Tudela, Carlos & Visschers, Ludo, 2013. "Unemployment and Endogenous Reallocation over the Business Cycle," IZA Discussion Papers 7124, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Carlos Carrillo-Tudela & Ludo Visschers, 2013. "Unemployment and endogenous reallocation over the business cycle," Economics Working Papers we1302, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Carrillo-Tudela, Carlos & Visschers, Ludo, 2012. "Unemployment and Endogenous Reallocation over the Business Cycle," MPRA Paper 43702, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Miyamoto, Hiroaki & Takahashi, Yuya, 2011.
"Productivity growth, on-the-job search, and unemployment,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(6), pages 666-680.
- Hiroaki Miyamoto & Yuya Takahashi, 2008. "Productivity Growth, On-the-Job Search, and Unemployment," Working Papers EMS_2011_06, Research Institute, International University of Japan, revised Feb 2011.
- Gadi Barlevy, 2011. "Evaluating the role of labor market mismatch in rising unemployment," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q III, pages 82-96.
- Daniel Aaronson & Bhashkar Mazumder & Shani Schechter, 2010. "What is behind the rise in long-term unemployment?," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q II, pages 28-51.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernie Flores).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.