Econometric Modelling at the Bank of Greece
AbstractAt the Bank of Greece econometric modelling started in 1975 when the Bank’s first model of the Greek economy was developed under the leadership of the now Governor of the Bank Nicholas C. Garganas. The model was extensively used for many years in forecasting as well as in policy analysis and proved to be an indispensable tool for the policy decisions of the Bank over a broad spectrum of issues. Model development at the Bank of Greece is an ongoing activity fuelled by the changes in the economy as well as by modelling theoretical advances. This paper describes and documents the use as well as the properties (through a set of standard simulation results) of the current version of the Bank of Greece model.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Bank of Greece in its series Working Papers with number 14.
Length: 24 pages
Date of creation: Jun 2004
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Econometric Models of the Euro-Area Central Banks, G. Fagan and J. Morgan (eds). Chapter 10, pp. 172-190. Edward Elgar Publishing Limited (2005). Titled "The Econometric Model of the Bank of Greece".
Econometric Modelling; Cointegration Techniques; Simulation Results;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C50 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - General
- E17 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heather D Gibson & Euclid Tsakalotos, 2003.
"Capital Flows and Speculative Attacks in Prospective EU Member States,"
06, Bank of Greece.
- Heather D. Gibson & Euclid Tsakalotos, 2004. "Capital flows and speculative attacks in prospective EU member states," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(3), pages 559-586, 09.
- Sophia, 2003.
"Greek Monetary Economics in Retrospect: The Adventures of the Drachma,"
02, Bank of Greece.
- Sophia Lazaretou, 2005. "Greek Monetary Economics in Retrospect: The Adventures of the Drachma," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 34(3), pages 331-370, November.
- Christos Papazoglou & Eric J. Pentecost, 2003.
"The Dynamic Adjustment of a Transition Economy in the Early Stages of Transformation,"
03, Bank of Greece.
- Papazoglou, Christos & Pentecost, Eric J., 2004. "The dynamic adjustment of a transition economy in the early stages of transformation," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 547-561, September.
- Stephen G. Hall & Nicholas G. Zonzilos, 2003. "An Indicator Measuring Underlying Economic Activity in Greece," Working Papers 04, Bank of Greece.
- Sophocles N. Brissimis & Nicholas S. Magginas, 2003.
"Changes in Financial Structure and Asset Price Substitutability: A Test of the Bank Lending Channel,"
05, Bank of Greece.
- Brissimis, Sophocles N. & Magginas, Nicholas S., 2005. "Changes in financial structure and asset price substitutability: A test of the bank lending channel," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 879-904, September.
- Sophocles N. Brissimis & George Hondroyiannis & P.A.V.B. Swamy & George S. Tavlas, 2003.
"Empirical Modelling of Money Demand in Periods of Structural Change: The Case of Greece,"
01, Bank of Greece.
- Sophocles N. Brissimis & George Hondroyiannis & P. A. V. B. Swamy & George S. Tavlas, 2003. "Empirical Modelling of Money Demand in Periods of Structural Change: The Case of Greece," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 65(5), pages 605-628, December.
- Nicos C. Kamberoglou & Elias Liapis & George T. Simigiannis & Panagiota Tzamourani, 2004. "Cost Efficiency in Greek Banking," Working Papers 09, Bank of Greece.
- Thanasis N. Christodoulopoulos & Ioulia Grigoratou, 2003. "The Effect of Dynamic Hedging of Options Positions on Intermediate-Maturity Interest Rates," Working Papers 08, Bank of Greece.
- P. Swamy & George Tavlas, 2007.
"The New Keynesian Phillips Curve and Inflation Expectations: Re-Specification and Interpretation,"
Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 293-306, May.
- George S. Tavlas & P.A.V.B. Swamy, 2006. "The New Keynesian Phillips Curve and Inflation Expectations: Re-Specification and Interpretation," Working Papers 34, Bank of Greece.
- George A. Christodoulakis & Stephen E Satchell, 2006. "Exact Elliptical Distributions for Models of Conditionally Random Financial Volatility," Working Papers 32, Bank of Greece.
- Genberg, Hans, 2006.
"Exchange-Rate Arrangements an Financial Integration in East Asia: On a Collision Course?,"
122, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Hans Genberg, 2006. "Exchange-rate arrangements and financial integration in East Asia: on a collision course?," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 359-377, December.
- Hans Genberg, 2006. "Exchange-Rate Arrangements and Financial Integration in East Asia: On a Collision Course?," Working Papers 41, Bank of Greece.
- Hans Genberg, 2006. "Exchange-Rate Arrangements and Financial Integration in East Asia: On a Collision Course?," Working Papers 152006, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Eleni Angelopoulou, 2005. "The Comparative Performance of Q-type and Dynamic Models of Firm Investment: Empirical Evidence from the UK," Working Papers 27, Bank of Greece.
- Otmar Issing, 2006. "Europe's Hard Fix: The Euro Area," Working Papers 39, Bank of Greece.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christina Tsochatzi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.