Food Accessibility in the Inner City: What Have We Learned, A Literature Review 1963-2006
AbstractReplaced with revised version of paper 08/01/08.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Minnesota, The Food Industry Center in its series Working Papers with number 37625.
Date of creation: Jun 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 317 Classroom Office Building, 1994 Buford Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55108-6040
Web page: http://foodindustrycenter.umn.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- King, Robert P. & Leibtag, Ephraim S. & Behl, Ajay S., 2004.
"Supermarket Characteristics And Operating Costs In Low-Income Areas,"
Agricultural Economics Reports
34003, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- King, Robert P. & Leibtag, Ephraim S. & Behl, Ajay S., 2004. "Supermarket Characteristics And Operating Costs In Low-Income Areas," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20361, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Frankel, David M. & Gould, Eric D., 2001.
"The Retail Price of Inequality,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 219-239, March.
- Frankel, D.M., 1996. "The (Retail) Price of Inequality," Papers 23-96, Tel Aviv.
- Frankel, David M. & Gould, Eric, 2001. "The Retail Price of Inequality," Staff General Research Papers 11922, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- David M. Frankel, 2000. "The Retail Price of Inequality," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0577, Econometric Society.
- King, Robert P. & Damon, Amy L. & Leibtag, Ephraim S., 2006.
"Household Food Expenditures across Income Groups: Do Poor Households Spend Differently than Rich Ones?,"
2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA
21470, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Damon, Amy L. & King, Robert P. & Leibtag, Ephraim S., 2006. "Household Food Expenditures Across Income Groups: Do Poor Households Spend Differently than Rich Ones?," Conference Papers 6643, University of Minnesota, Center for International Food and Agricultural Policy.
- Kinsey, Jean D., 1998. "Concentration Of Ownership In Food Retailing: A Review Of The Evidence About Consumer Impact," Working Papers 14329, University of Minnesota, The Food Industry Center.
- Leibtag, Ephraim S. & Kaufman, Phillip R., 2003. "Exploring Food Purchase Behavior of Low-Income Households: How Do They Economize?," Agricultural Information Bulletins 33711, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Lashawn Richburg Hayes, 2000. "Do the Poor Pay More? An Empirical Investigation of Price Dispersion in Food Retailing," Working Papers 825, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Lashawn Hayes, 2000. "Do the poor pay more? An Empirical Investigation of Price Dispersion in Food Retailing," Working Papers 974, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Research on Child Wellbeing..
- Eugene Jones, 1997. "An Analysis of Consumer Food Shopping Behavior Using Supermarket Scanner Data: Differences by Income and Location," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(5), pages 1437-1443.
- Ambrose, David M, 1979. "Retail Grocery Pricing: Inner City, Suburban and Rural Comparisons," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(1), pages 95-102, January.
- Kaufman, Phillip R. & MacDonald, James M. & Lutz, Steve M. & Smallwood, David M., 1997. "Do the Poor Pay More for Food? Item Selection and Price Differences Affect Low-Income Household Food Costs," Agricultural Economics Reports 34065, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.