Varieties of Environmental Labelling, Market Structures, and Sustainable Consumption Across Europe: A Comparative Analysis of Organizational and Market Supply Determinants of Environmental-Labelled Goods
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Consumer Policy.
Volume (Year): 34 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100283
Sustainable consumption; Organic food; Eco-label; Labelling; Europe;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kern, Kristine & Kissling-Näf, Ingrid & Landmann, Ute & Mauch, Corine & Löffelsend, Tina, 2001. "Policy convergence and policy diffusion by governmental and non-governmental institutions: an international comparison of eco-labeling systems," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Standard-setting and Environment FS II 01-305, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Thomas Bue Bjorner & Lars Garn Hansen & Clifford S. Russell, 2002.
"Environmental Labelling and Consumer's Choice - An Empirical Analysis of the Effect of the Nordic Swan,"
Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers
0203, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Bjorner, Thomas Bue & Hansen, L.G.Lars Garn & Russell, Clifford S., 2004. "Environmental labeling and consumers' choice--an empirical analysis of the effect of the Nordic Swan," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 411-434, May.
- Sophia Rabe-Hesketh & Anders Skrondal, 2012. "Multilevel and Longitudinal Modeling Using Stata, 3rd Edition," Stata Press books, StataCorp LP, edition 3, number mimus2, April.
- Ben Youssef Adel & Abderrazak Chema, 2009.
"Multiplicity of Eco-Labels, Competition, and the Environment,"
Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization,
De Gruyter, vol. 7(2), pages 1-24, December.
- Chema Abderrazak & Adel Ben Youssef, 2009. "Multiplicity of eco-labels, competition, and the environment," Post-Print halshs-00937183, HAL.
- Roosen, Jutta & Lusk, Jayson L. & Fox, John A., 2001.
"Consumer Demand For And Attitudes Toward Alternative Beef Labeling Strategies In France, Germany, And The Uk,"
2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL
20643, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Jutta Roosen & Jayson L. Lusk & John A. Fox, 2003. "Consumer demand for and attitudes toward alternative beef labeling strategies in France, Germany, and the UK," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(1), pages 77-90.
- John Thøgersen, 2005. "How May Consumer Policy Empower Consumers for Sustainable Lifestyles?," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 143-177, 06.
- World Bank, 2009. "World Development Indicators 2009," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 4367, October.
- Doris Fuchs & Sylvia Lorek, 2005. "Sustainable Consumption Governance: A History of Promises and Failures," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 261-288, 09.
- Ulf Liebe & Veronika A. Andorfer & Patricia A. Gwartney & Jürgen Meyerhoff, 2014. "Ethical Consumption and Social Context: Experimental Evidence from Germany and the United States," University of Bern Social Sciences Working Papers 7, University of Bern, Department of Social Sciences.
- Meyer-Höfer, Marie von & Nitzko, Sina & Spiller, Achim, 2013. "Expectation Gaps and Halo-Effects in Organic Food Positioning: Characteristics of Organic Food from a Consumer’s Point of View," Discussion Papers 160420, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Phipps, Marcus & Ozanne, Lucie K. & Luchs, Michael G. & Subrahmanyan, Saroja & Kapitan, Sommer & Catlin, Jesse R. & Gau, Roland & Naylor, Rebecca Walker & Rose, Randall L. & Simpson, Bonnie & Weaver, , 2013. "Understanding the inherent complexity of sustainable consumption: A social cognitive framework," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(8), pages 1227-1234.
- Mika Kortelainen & Jibonayan Raychaudhuri & Beatrice Roussillon, 2013. "Effects of Carbon Reduction Labels: Evidence From Scanner Data," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 1309, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Fabrice Larceneux & Florence Benoit-Moreau & Valérie Renaudin, 2012. "Why Might Organic Labels Fail to Influence Consumer Choices? Marginal Labelling and Brand Equity Effects," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 85-104, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.