Precautionary Principle and the Optimal Timing of Environmental Policy Under Ambiguity
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists in its journal Environmental and Resource Economics.
Volume (Year): 47 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100263
Ambiguity; Environmental policy; Knightian uncertainty; Non-expected utilities; Precautionary principle; D81; H23; L51; Q23;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- Q23 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Forestry
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Epstein, Larry G & Wang, Tan, 1994. "Intertemporal Asset Pricing Under Knightian Uncertainty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(2), pages 283-322, March.
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1986.
"Irreversible investment, capacity choice, and the value of the firm,"
1802-86., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Pindyck, Robert S, 1988. "Irreversible Investment, Capacity Choice, and the Value of the Firm," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(5), pages 969-85, December.
- Robert S. Pindyck, 1986. "Irreversible Investment, Capacity Choice, and the Value of the Firm," NBER Working Papers 1980, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gollier, Christian & Jullien, Bruno & Treich, Nicolas, 2000.
"Scientific progress and irreversibility: an economic interpretation of the 'Precautionary Principle',"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 229-253, February.
- Gollier & Jullien & Treich, 2000. "Scientific progress and irreversibility : an economic interpretation of the Precautionary principle," Working Papers 156240, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, France.
- repec:cdl:agrebk:5182 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nishimura, Kiyohiko G. & Ozaki, Hiroyuki, 2007. "Irreversible investment and Knightian uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 668-694, September.
- Norimichi Matsueda & Koichi Futagami & Akihisa Shibata, 2006. "Environmental transfers against global warming: a credit-based program," International Journal of Global Environmental Issues, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 6(1), pages 47-72.
- Welsch, Heinz, 1995. "Greenhouse gas abatement under ambiguity," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 91-100, April.
- Smith, V. Kerry, 1987. "Uncertainty, benefit-cost analysis, and the treatment of option value," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 283-292, September.
- Ghirardato, Paolo & Maccheroni, Fabio & Marinacci, Massimo, 2004. "Differentiating ambiguity and ambiguity attitude," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 118(2), pages 133-173, October.
- Marinacci, Massimo, 2000. "Ambiguous Games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 191-219, May.
- Kin Chung Lo, 1995.
"Extensive Form Games with Uncertainty Averse Players,"
ecpap-95-03, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Lo, Kin Chung, 1999. "Extensive Form Games with Uncertainty Averse Players," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 256-270, August.
- Giovanni Immordino, 2000. "Self-Protection, Information and the Precautionary Principle," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 25(2), pages 179-187, December.
- Stergios Athanassoglou & Anastasios Xepapadeas, 2011.
"Pollution Control: When, and How, to be Precautious,"
2011.18, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Stergios Athanassoglou & Anastasios Xepapadeas, . "Pollution control: when, and how, to be precautious," DEOS Working Papers 1112, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Asano, Takao, 2010. "Optimal tax policy and foreign direct investment under ambiguity," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 185-200, March.
- Chen, Yu-Fu & Funke, Michael & Glanemann, Nicole, 2011.
"Dark Clouds or Silver Linings? Knightian Uncertainty and Climate Change,"
SIRE Discussion Papers
2011-64, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Yu-Fu Chen & Michael Funke & Nicole Glanemann, 2011. "Dark Clouds or Silver Linings? Knightian Uncertainty and Climate Change," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 258, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Yu-Fu Chen & Michael Funke & Nicole Glanemann, 2011. "Dark Clouds or Silver Linings? Knightian Uncertainty and Climate Change," CESifo Working Paper Series 3516, CESifo Group Munich.
- Michael Funke & Yu-Fu Chen & Nicole Glanemann, 2011. "Dark Clouds or Silver Linings? Knightian Uncertainty and Climate Change," Quantitative Macroeconomics Working Papers 21107, Hamburg University, Department of Economics.
- William Brock & Anastasios Xepapadeas & Athanasios Yannacopoulos, 2014. "Optimal Control in Space and Time and the Management of Environmental Resources," DEOS Working Papers 1402, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Takanori Adachi & Takao Asano, 2011. "Entrepreneurial Choice and Knightian Uncertainty with Borrowing Constraints," KIER Working Papers 803, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Athanassoglou, Stergios & Xepapadeas, Anastasios, 2012. "Pollution control with uncertain stock dynamics: When, and how, to be precautious," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 304-320.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.