Pricing Strategies and Residential Property Selling Prices
AbstractResearch on many consumer goods has indicated that pricing strategies may influence perceptions of quality. Whether such perceptions exist for large assets like real estate, which may therefore allow strategies to influence selling prices is the subject of this study. Large high-rise centrally-located condominium data is used to test whether asking prices are an indicator of value to buyers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Real Estate Society in its journal Journal of Real Estate Research.
Volume (Year): 2 (1987)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: American Real Estate Society Clemson University School of Business & Behavioral Science Department of Finance 401 Sirrine Hall Clemson, SC 29634-1323
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. Douglas McConnell, 1968. "An Experimental Examination of the Price-Quality Relationship," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41, pages 439.
- Merlo, Antonio & Ortalo-Magne, Francois, 2004.
"Bargaining over residential real estate: evidence from England,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 192-216, September.
- François Ortalo-Magné & Antonio Merlo, 2002. "Bargaining over Residential Real Estate: Evidence from England," Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers 02-02, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research.
- Antonio M. Merlo & François Ortalo-Magné, 2002. "Bargaining over Residential Real Estate: Evidence from England," CESifo Working Paper Series 778, CESifo Group Munich.
- Eli Beracha & Michael Seiler, 2014. "The Effect of Listing Price Strategy on Transaction Selling Prices," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 49(2), pages 237-255, August.
- Marcus Allen & Ronald Rutherford & Thomas Thomson, 2009. "Residential Asking Rents and Time on the Market," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 38(4), pages 351-365, May.
- Antonio Merlo & François Ortalo-Magné & John Rust, 2013. "The Home Selling Problem: Theory and Evidence," PIER Working Paper Archive 13-006, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- James D. Shilling & John D. Benjamin & C.F. Sirmans, 1990. "Estimating Net Realizable Value for Distressed Real Estate," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 5(1), pages 129-140.
- Abel Cadenillas & Robert Elliott & Hong Miao & Zhenyu Wu, 2009. "Risk-Hedging in Real Estate Markets," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 265-285, December.
- Antonio Merlo & François Ortalo-Magné, 2002. "Bargaining over Residential Real Estate: Evidence from England (Third Version)," PIER Working Paper Archive 04-020, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania, revised 01 Sep 2002.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.