The universality of the signal theory for products and services
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Research.
Volume (Year): 52 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gerard J. Tellis & Birger Wernerfelt, 1987. "Competitive Price and Quality Under Asymmetric Information," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(3), pages 240-253.
- Erickson, Gary M & Johansson, Johny K, 1985. " The Role of Price in Multi-attribute Product Evaluations," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(2), pages 195-99, September.
- Harold J. Leavitt, 1954. "A Note on Some Experimental Findings About the Meanings of Price," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27, pages 205.
- Folkes, Valerie S, 1988. " The Availability Heuristic and Perceived Risk," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(1), pages 13-23, June.
- Russell Cooper & T.W. Ross, 1984.
"Product Warranties and Double Moral Hazard,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
716, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Esther Gal-Or, 1989. "Warranties as a Signal of Quality," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 22(1), pages 50-61, February.
- Boulding, William & Kirmani, Amna, 1993. " A Consumer-Side Experimental Examination of Signaling Theory: Do Consumers Perceive Warranties as Signals of Quality?," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 20(1), pages 111-23, June.
- Jacoby, Jacob & Speller, Donald E & Berning, Carol A Kohn, 1974. " Brand Choice Behavior as a Function of Information Load: Replication and Extension," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 1(1), pages 33-42, June.
- Shimp, Terence A & Bearden, William O, 1982. " Warranty and Other Extrinsic Cue Effects on Consumers' Risk Perceptions," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 9(1), pages 38-46, June.
- Noll, Juergen, 2004. "Comparing quality signals as tools of consumer protection: are warranties always better than advertisements to promote higher product quality?," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 227-239, June.
- Pires Gonçalves, Ricardo, 2008. "Consumer Behavior: Product Characteristics and Quality Perception," MPRA Paper 11142, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gergaud, Olivier & Livat, Florine, 2007. "How do consumers use signals to assess quality?," Working Papers 37296, American Association of Wine Economists.
- David Williams & W. Duncan & Peter Ginter, 2010. "Testing a model of signals in the IPO offer process," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 445-463, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.