Information technology and the world economy
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is to analyze the impact of investment in information technology (IT) equipment and software on the recent resurgence in world economic growth. The crucial role of IT investment in the growth of the U.S. economy has been thoroughly documented and widely discussed. Jorgenson (2001) has shown that the remarkable behavior of IT prices is the key to understanding the resurgence of American economic growth. This behavior can be traced to developments in semiconductor technology that are widely understood by technologists and economists.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in its journal Proceedings.
Volume (Year): (2005)
Issue (Month): ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christophe Cahn & Arthur Saint-Guilhem, 2010.
"Potential output growth in several industrialised countries a comparison,"
Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 139-165, August.
- Christophe Cahn & Arthur Saint-Guilhem, 2008. "Potential output growth in several industrialised countries: a comparison," PSE Working Papers halshs-00586632, HAL.
- Cahn, Christophe & Saint-Guilhem, Arthur, 2007. "Potential output growth in several industrialised countries: a comparison," Working Paper Series 0828, European Central Bank.
- Francesco VENTURINI, 2006.
"The Long-Run Impact of ICT,"
254, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Vu, Khuong M., 2013. "Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Singapore’s economic growth," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 284-300.
- Cette, G. & Kocoglu, Y. & Mairesse, J., 2010.
"Productivity Growth and Levels in France, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States in the Twentieth Century,"
271, Banque de France.
- Gilbert Cette & Yusuf Kocoglu & Jacques Mairesse, 2009. "Productivity Growth and Levels in France, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States in the Twentieth Century," NBER Working Papers 15577, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thompson, Herbert Jr. & Garbacz, Christopher, 2007. "Mobile, fixed line and Internet service effects on global productive efficiency," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 189-214, June.
- Hartmut Egger & Josef Falkinger, 2013. "Limited Consumer Attention in International Trade," CESifo Working Paper Series 4166, CESifo Group Munich.
- Esteban Alfaro Cortés & José-Luis Alfaro Navarro, 2011. "Do ICT Influence Economic Growth and Human Development in European Union Countries?," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 28-44, February.
- Kubo, Akihiro, 2012. "The US tech pulse, stock prices, and exchange rate dynamics: Evidence from Asian developing countries," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 680-687.
- Manuel Trajtenberg, 2005. "Innovation Policy for Development: an Overview," IDB Publications 46598, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Gilbert Cette & Anne Epaulard & Pauline Givord, 2009. "Productivity Growth: the Role of Institutions and Economic Policy," Economie et Statistique, Institut National de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques, vol. 419, pages 3-10, August.
- International Monetary Fund, 2007. "Asia Rising," IMF Working Papers 07/130, International Monetary Fund.
- Carmen Galve-Górriz & Ana Gargallo Castel, 2010. "Revisión del Estado de la sociedad de la información en España," REVISTA FACULTAD DE CIENCIAS ECONÓMICAS, UNIVERSIDAD MILITAR NUEVA GRANADA.
- Anne-Marie Mohammed & Eric Strobl, 2011. "Good Governance and Growth in Developing Countries: A Case Study of Regulatory Reforms in the Telecommunications Industry," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 91-107, March.
- Daniel Chiquiar & Manuel Ramos Francia, 2009. "Competitiveness and Growth of the Mexican Economy," Working Papers 2009-11, Banco de México.
- Amavilah, Voxi Heinrich, 2006. "Intensity of technology use and per capita real GDP across some African countries," MPRA Paper 1675, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Florence Jaumotte & Irina Tytell, 2007. "How Has the Globalization of Labor Affected the Labor Income Share in Advanced Countries?," IMF Working Papers 07/298, International Monetary Fund.
- Chris Papageorgiou & Subir Lall & Florence Jaumotte, 2008. "Rising Income Inequality," IMF Working Papers 08/185, International Monetary Fund.
- Edgardo M. Favaro, 2008. "Small States, Smart Solutions : Improving Connectivity and Increasing the Effectiveness of Public Services," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6416, August.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00586632 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diane Rosenberger).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.