Governance Matters III: Governance Indicators for 1996, 1998, 2000, and 2002
AbstractSix dimensions of governance are estimated covering 199 countries and territories for four periods: 1996, 1998, 2000, and 2002. The indicators are based on several hundred individual variables measuring perceptions of governance drawn from 25 data sources constructed by 18 organizations. These individual measures are assigned to categories capturing key dimensions of governance. An unobserved-components model is used to construct six aggregate governance indicators in each of the four periods. Point estimates of the dimensions of governance are provided as well as the margins of errors for each country for the four periods. Methodological issues are also addressed, including tests for potential biases, and the interpretation and use of the data, given the estimated margins of errors for the indicators. The data and a Web-based graphical interface are available online at www.worldbank.org/wbi/governance/govdata2002/index.html . Copyright 2004, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by World Bank Group in its journal The World Bank Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 18 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Phone: (202) 477-1234
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://wber.oxfordjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rajkumar, Andrew Sunil & Swaroop, Vinaya, 2008. "Public spending and outcomes: Does governance matter?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 96-111, April.
- Kraay, Aart, 2006. "When is growth pro-poor? Evidence from a panel of countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 198-227, June.
- Arezki, Rabah & Deininger, Klaus & Selod, Harris, 2011.
"What drives the global"land rush"?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
5864, The World Bank.
- Harris Selod & Klaus W. Deininger & Rabah Arezki, 2011. "What drives the global land rush?," IMF Working Papers 11/251, International Monetary Fund.
- Rabah Arezki & Klaus Deininger & Harris Selod, 2012. "What Drives the Global Land Rush?," OxCarre Working Papers 072, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- Rabah Arezki & Klaus Deininger & Harris Selod, 2013. "What Drives the Global "Land Rush"?," Economics Series Working Papers OxCarre Research Paper 12, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Rabah Arezki & Klaus Deininger & Harris Selod, 2014. "What Drives the Global 'Land Rush'?," OxCarre Working Papers 120, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- Rabah Arezki & Klaus Deininger & Harris Selod, 2011. "What Drives the Global Land Rush?," CESifo Working Paper Series 3666, CESifo Group Munich.
- Herry Purnomo & Hety Herawati & Heru Santoso, 2011. "Indicators for assessing Indonesia’s Javan rhino National Park vulnerability to climate change," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 16(7), pages 733-747, October.
- Ferrarini, Benno, 2008. "Proposal for a Contingency Debt Sustainability Framework," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 2547-2565, December.
- Weinhold, Diana & Nair-Reichert, Usha, 2009.
"Innovation, Inequality and Intellectual Property Rights,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 889-901, May.
- Diana Weinhold & Usha Nair- Reichert, 2004. "Innovation, Inequality and Intellectual Property Rights," Development and Comp Systems 0410002, EconWPA, revised 04 Nov 2004.
- Høyland, Bjørn & Moene, Karl & Willumsen, Fredrik, 2012. "The tyranny of international index rankings," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 1-14.
- Boonlert-U-Thai, Kriengkrai & Meek, Gary K. & Nabar, Sandeep, 2006. "Earnings attributes and investor-protection: International evidence," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 327-357, 012.
- Bame-Aldred, Charles W. & Cullen, John B. & Martin, Kelly D. & Parboteeah, K. Praveen, 2013. "National culture and firm-level tax evasion," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 390-396.
- Matei, Ani & Matei, Lucica, 2010. "Assessing the Anti-corruption Strategies: Theoretical and Empirical Models," MPRA Paper 30035, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 18 Jan 2011.
- Razafindrakoto, Mireille & Roubaud, François, 2010. "Are International Databases on Corruption Reliable? A Comparison of Expert Opinion Surveys and Household Surveys in Sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 1057-1069, August.
- Aggarwal, Raj & Goodell, John W., 2008. "Equity premia in emerging markets: National characteristics as determinants," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 389-404, October.
- Hossein Mirshojaeian Hosseini & Shinji Kaneko, 2012. "Spatial Spillover of Governance and Institutional Quality: A Spatial Econometric Approach," IDEC DP2 Series 2-3, Hiroshima University, Graduate School for International Development and Cooperation (IDEC).
- T. Gries & M. Redlin, 2011. "International integration and the determinants of regional development in China," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 149-177, April.
- Matei, Ani & Matei, Lucica, 2010. "Anti-corruption strategies in some South-Eastern European states.An empirical study on the impact of the government performance," MPRA Paper 24741, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Sep 2010.
- Pantzalis, Christos & Park, Jung Chul & Sutton, Ninon, 2008. "Corruption and valuation of multinational corporations," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 387-417, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.