Location, branching, and bank portfolio diversification: the case of agricultural lending
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in its journal Economic Review.
Volume (Year): (1991)
Issue (Month): Win ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leland, Hayne E & Pyle, David H, 1977.
"Informational Asymmetries, Financial Structure, and Financial Intermediation,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 32(2), pages 371-87, May.
- Hayne E. Leland and David H. Pyle., 1976. "Informational Asymmetries, Financial Structure, and Financial Intermediation," Research Program in Finance Working Papers 41, University of California at Berkeley.
- Santomero, Anthony M, 1984. "Modeling the Banking Firm: A Survey," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 16(4), pages 576-602, November.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1985. "What's different about banks?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 29-39, January.
- Diamond, Douglas W, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414, July.
- Robert B. Litterman, 1985. "How monetary policy in 1985 affects the outlook," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Fall.
- James, Christopher, 1987. "Some evidence on the uniqueness of bank loans," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 217-235, December.
- Michael C. Keeley & Gary C. Zimmerman, 1985. "Determining geographic markets for deposit competition in banking," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Sum, pages 25-45.
- Richard M. Todd, 1985. "Taking stock of the Farm Credit System: riskier for farm borrowers," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Fall.
- Hilary H. Smith, 1987. "Agricultural lending: bank closures and branch banking," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Sep, pages 27-38.
- William C. Gruben & Jonathan A. Neuberger & Ronald H. Schmidt, 1990. "Imperfect information and the Community Reinvestment Act," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Sum, pages 27-46.
- Gene D. Sullivan, 1990. "Changes in the agricultural credit delivery system," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Jan, pages 12-33.
- Emanuel Melichar, 1986. "Agricultural banks under stress," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Jul, pages 437-448.
- Jonathan A. Neuberger & Gary C. Zimmerman, 1990. "Bank pricing of retail deposit accounts and "the California rate mystery"," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Spr, pages 3-16.
- Gary C. Zimmerman, 1989. "Agricultural lending in the West," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Dec 22.
- Charles W. Calomiris & R. Glenn Hubbard & James H. Stock, 1986. "The Farm Debt Crisis and Public Policy," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 17(2), pages 441-486.
- Chu-Chia S. Lin & Ivan Png, 2003.
"Monitoring costs and the mode of international investment,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 3(3), pages 261-274, July.
- Chu-Chia S. Lin & Ivan P.L. Png, 2002. "Monitoring Costs and the Mode of International Investment," Industrial Organization 0207012, EconWPA.
- Chu-Chia S. Lin & Ivan Png, 2002. "Monitoring Costs and the Mode of International Investment," International Trade 0210004, EconWPA.
- Andrew P. Meyer & Timothy J. Yeager, 2001. "Are small rural banks vulnerable to local economic downturns?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 25-38.
- Gary C. Zimmerman, 1996. "Factors influencing community bank performance in California," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 26-40.
- Collender, Robert N. & Shaffer, Sherrill L., 2000.
"Local Bank Office Ownership, Deposit Control, Market Structure, And Economic Growth,"
33555, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Collender, Robert N. & Shaffer, Sherrill, 2003. "Local bank office ownership, deposit control, market structure, and economic growth," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 27-57, January.
- Timothy J. Yeager, 2002. "Community bank performance in the presence of county economic shocks," Supervisory Policy Analysis Working Papers 2002-11, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Kris James Mitchener, 2006. "Are Prudential Supervision and Regulation Pillars of Financial Stability? Evidence from the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 12074, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kris James Mitchener, 2004. "Bank Supervision, Regulation, and Instability During the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 10475, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Timothy J. Yeager, 2002. "The demise of community banks? local economic shocks aren't to blame," Supervisory Policy Analysis Working Papers 2002-03, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Frederick T. Furlong, 1992. "Capital regulation and bank lending," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 23-33.
- Mark E. Levonian, 1996. "Explaining differences in farm lending among banks," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 12-22.
- Yeager, Timothy J., 2004. "The demise of community banks? Local economic shocks are not to blame," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 2135-2153, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diane Rosenberger).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.