Bank pricing of retail deposit accounts and "the California rate mystery"
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in its journal Economic Review.
Volume (Year): (1990)
Issue (Month): Spr ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael C. Keeley & Gary C. Zimmerman, 1985. "Determining geographic markets for deposit competition in banking," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Sum, pages 25-45.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1973. "Industry Structure, Market Rivalry, and Public Policy," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 1-9, April.
- Sam Peltzman, 1977.
"The Gains and Losses From Industrial Concentration,"
NBER Working Papers
0163, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peltzman, Sam, 1977. "The Gains and Losses from Industrial Concentration," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 20(2), pages 229-63, October.
- Stephen A. Rhoades, 1977. "Structure-performance studies in banking: a summary and evaluation," Staff Studies 92, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- David Neumark & Steven A. Sharpe, 1989.
"Market structure and the nature of price rigidity: evidence from the market for consumer deposits,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
52, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Neumark, David & Sharpe, Steven A, 1992. "Market Structure and the Nature of Price Rigidity: Evidence from the Market for Consumer Deposits," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 107(2), pages 657-80, May.
- Jonathan A. Neuberger & Gary C. Zimmerman, 1989. "The California deposit rate mystery," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue jan27.
- Flannery, Mark J, 1982. "Retail Bank Deposits as Quasi-Fixed Factors of Production," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 527-36, June.
- Timothy H. Hannan, 1989. "Foundations of the structure-conduct-performance paradigm," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 83, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen N. Berger & Timothy H. Hannan, 1987.
"The price-concentration relationship in banking,"
Research Papers in Banking and Financial Economics
100, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Smirlock, Michael, 1985. "Evidence on the (Non) Relationship between Concentration and Profitability in Banking," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 17(1), pages 69-83, February.
- Elizabeth S. Laderman & Ronald H. Schmidt & Gary C. Zimmerman, 1991. "Location, branching, and bank portfolio diversification: the case of agricultural lending," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Win, pages 24-38.
- Espino, Freddy & Carrera, César, 2006. "Concentración bancaria y margen de las tasas de interés en Perú," Revista Estudios Económicos, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú, issue 13.
- G. Gülsün Akın & Ahmet Faruk Aysan & Gazi Ishak Kara & Levent Yildiran, 2009. "Non-Price Competition in Credit Card Markets: Evidence from an Emerging Economy," 2009 Meeting Papers 2, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Hainz, Christa & Kleimeier, Stefanie, 2012. "Political risk, project finance, and the participation of development banks in syndicated lending," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 287-314.
- Gary C. Zimmerman, 1995. "Implementing the single banking market in Europe," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 35-51.
- Ricardo De Bonis & Giuseppe Bruno, 2000. "A Comparative Study Of Alternative Econometric Packages: An Application To Italian Deposit Interest Rates," Computing in Economics and Finance 2000 160, Society for Computational Economics.
- Toolsema-Veldman, Linda A. & Schoonbeek, Lambert, 1999.
"Bank behavior and the interbank rate in an oligopolistic market,"
CCSO Working Papers
199909, University of Groningen, CCSO Centre for Economic Research.
- Toolsema, Linda A. & Schoonbeek, L., 1999. "Bank behavior and the interbank rate in an oligopolistic market," Research Report 99E49, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Commendatore, Pasquale & Michetti, Elisabetta & Purificato, Francesco, 2013. "Financial Development and Agglomeration," MPRA Paper 48425, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- den Haan, Wouter J. & Ramey, Garey & Watson, Joel, 2000.
"Liquidity Flows and Fragility of Business Enterprises,"
University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series
qt2kc182ts, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- den Haan, Wouter J. & Ramey, Garey & Watson, Joel, 2003. "Liquidity flows and fragility of business enterprises," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(6), pages 1215-1241, September.
- den Haan, Wouter J. & Ramey, Garey & Watson, Joel, 2000. "Liquidity Flows and Fragility of business Enterprises," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt3d899423, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Wouter den Haan & Garey Ramey & Joel Watson, 1999. "Liquidity Flows and Fragility of Business Enterprises," NBER Working Papers 7057, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wouter J. den Haan & Garey Ramey & Joel Watson, 1999. "Liquidity Flows and Fragility of Business Enterprises," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1215, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diane Rosenberger).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.