Education and the market: Which parts of the neoliberal solution are correct?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 24 (1996)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cox, Donald & Jimenez, Emmanuel, 1990. "The relative effectiveness of private and public schools : Evidence from two developing countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 99-121, November.
- Gertler, Paul & Glewwe, Paul, 1990. "The willingness to pay for education in developing countries : Evidence from rural Peru," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 251-275, August.
- Jimenez, Emmanuel & Lockheed, Marlaine & Wattanawaha, Nongnuch, 1988. "The Relative Efficiency of Private and Public Schools: The Case of Thailand," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, World Bank Group, vol. 2(2), pages 139-64, May.
- Khan, Shahrukh R., 1991. "The income redistributional impact of financing higher education in Pakistan," World Development, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 19(9), pages 1241-1246, September.
- Murnane, Richard J & Newstead, Stuart & Olsen, Randall J, 1985. "Comparing Public and Private Schools: The Puzzling Role of Selectivity Bias," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 3(1), pages 23-35, January.
- Gertler, P. & Van Der Gaag, J., 1988. "Measuring The Willingness To Pay For Social Services In Developing Countries," Papers, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement 45, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Jimenez, Emmanuel & Lockheed, Marlaine E. & Luna, Eduardo & Paqueo, Vicente, 1989. "School effects and costs for private and public schools in the Dominican Republic," Policy Research Working Paper Series 288, The World Bank.
- Luc De Wulf, 1975. "Fiscal Incidence Studies in Developing Countries: Survey and Critique (Etude sur l'incidence de la politique budgÃƒÂ©taire dans les pays en voie de dÃƒÂ©veloppement: examen analytique et critique) (Es," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 22(1), pages 61-131, March.
- Woodhall, Maureen, 1988. "Designing a student loan programme for a developing country: the relevance of international experience," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 153-161, February.
- Jimenez, Emmanuel & Lockheed, Marlaine E & Paqueo, Vicente, 1991. "The Relative Efficiency of Private and Public Schools in Developing Countries," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, World Bank Group, vol. 6(2), pages 205-18, July.
- Meerman, Jacob, 1983. "Cost recovery in a project context: Some World Bank experience in tropical Africa," World Development, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 503-514, June.
- Tansel, A., 1993. "School Attainnment, Parental Education and Gender in Cote d'Ivoire and Ghana," Papers, Yale - Economic Growth Center 692, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Mingat, Alain & Tan, Jee-Peng, 1986. "Expanding education through user charges: What can be achieved in Malawi and other LDCs?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 273-286, June.
- Thiele, Rainer, 1997.
"The role of the private and public sector in human capital formation,"
Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy
1714, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Rainer Thiele, 1997. "The role of the private and public sector in human capital formation," Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 186-192, July.
- Lincove, Jane Arnold, 2009. "Determinants of schooling for boys and girls in Nigeria under a policy of free primary education," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 474-484, August.
- Deolalikar, Anil & Hasan, Rana & Khan, Haider & Quibria, M.G., 1997. "Competiveness and Human Resource Development," MPRA Paper 2819, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 1997.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.