The relative effectiveness of private and public schools : Evidence from two developing countries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Development Economics.
Volume (Year): 34 (1990)
Issue (Month): 1-2 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joshua Angrist & Eric Bettinger & Erik Bloom & Elizabeth King & Michael Kremer, 2001.
"Vouchers for Private Schooling in Colombia: Evidence from a Randomized Natural Experiment,"
NBER Working Papers
8343, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua Angrist & Eric Bettinger & Erik Bloom & Elizabeth King & Michael Kremer, 2002. "Vouchers for Private Schooling in Colombia: Evidence from a Randomized Natural Experiment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1535-1558, December.
- Joshua Angrist & Eric Bettinger & Erik Bloom & Elizabeth King & Michael Kremer, 2002. "Vouchers for private schooling in colombia: Evidence from a randomized natural experiment," Natural Field Experiments 00203, The Field Experiments Website.
- Zeba A. Sathar & Asif Wazir & Maqsood Sadiq, 2013. "Struggling against the Odds of Poverty, Access, and Gender: Secondary Schooling for Girls in Pakistan," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 18(Special E), pages 67-92, September.
- Bedi, Arjun S. & Garg, Ashish, 2000. "The effectiveness of private versus public schools: the case of Indonesia," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 463-494, April.
- David Newhouse & Kathleen Beegle, 2006.
"The Effect of School Type on Academic Achievement: Evidence from Indonesia,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 41(3).
- Newhouse, David & Beegle, Kathleen, 2005. "The effect of school type on academic achievement : evidence from Indonesia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3604, The World Bank.
- Colclough, Christopher, 1996. "Education and the market: Which parts of the neoliberal solution are correct?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 589-610, April.
- Glewwe, Paul, 2001. "Schools, Skills And Economic Development: Education Policies, Student Learning And Socioeconomic Outcomes In Developing Countries," Bulletins 12969, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Felipe Barrera-Osorio & Harry Anthony Patrinos & Quentin Wodon, 2009. "Emerging Evidence on Vouchers and Faith-based Providers in Education : Case Studies from Africa, Latin America, and Asia," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2644, February.
- William D. Savedoff, 1997. "Social Services Viewed Through New Lenses: Agency Problems in Education and Health in Latin America," Research Department Publications 3017, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Parra Osorio, Juan Carlos & Wodon, Quentin, 2011.
"El desempeño de los estudiantes de secundaria en los colegios de Fe y Alegría en Colombia: una cuestión de Fe y/o Alegría?
[Academic performance of Fe y Alegria high school students in Colombia," MPRA Paper 28518, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Patrick McEwan, 2001. "The Effectiveness of Public, Catholic, and Non-Religious Private Schools in Chile's Voucher System," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 103-128.
- Marchionni, Mariana & Pinto, Florencia & Vazquez, Emmanuel, 2013.
"Determinantes de la desigualdad en el desempeño educativo en la Argentina
[Determinants of the inequality in PISA test scores in Argentina]," MPRA Paper 56421, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wodon, Quentin, 2013. "Faith-inspired, Private Secular, and Public Schools in sub-Saharan Africa: Market Share, Reach to the Poor, Cost, and Satisfaction," MPRA Paper 45363, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marchionni, Mariana & Vazquez, Emmanuel & Pinto, Florencia, 2012.
"Desigualdad educativa en la Argentina. Análisis en base a los datos PISA 2009
[Education Inequality in Argentina. An analysis based on PISA 2009 data]," MPRA Paper 56420, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Allcott, Hunt & Ortega, Daniel E., 2009. "The performance of decentralized school systems : evidence from Fe y Alegría in Venezuela," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4879, The World Bank.
- Cristian Aedo, 1997. "Organización industrial de la prestación de servicios sociales (Chile)," Research Department Publications 3001, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Alderman, Harold & Orazem, Peter & Paterno, Elizabeth M., 2001.
"School Quality, School Cost, and the Public/Private School Choices of Low-Income Households in Pakistan,"
Staff General Research Papers
1970, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Harold Alderman & Peter F. Orazem & Elizabeth M. Paterno, 2001. "School Quality, School Cost, and the Public/Private School Choices of Low-Income Households in Pakistan," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 36(2), pages 304-326.
- Brian Gill & P. Mike Timpane & Karen Ross & Dominic Brewer & Kevin Booker, 2007. "Rhetoric vs. Reality: What We Know and What We Need to Know About Vouchers and Charter Schools," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 5572, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Pablo Gonz�lez, 2002. "Lecciones de la investigaci�n econ�mica sobre el rol del sector privado en educaci�n," Documentos de Trabajo 117, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Wodon, Quentin & Ying, Yvonne, 2009. "Literacy and Numeracy in Faith-Based and Government Schools in Sierra Leone," MPRA Paper 16462, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Backiny-Yetna, Prospere & Wodon, Quentin, 2009. "Comparing the Performance of Faith-Based and Government Schools in the Democratic Republic of Congo," MPRA Paper 16463, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Backiny-Yetna, Prospere & Wodon, Quentin, 2009. "Comparing the Private Cost of Education at Public, Private, and Faith-Based Schools in Cameroon," MPRA Paper 16464, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.