Capital shortages and asymmetries in UK unemployment
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Structural Change and Economic Dynamics.
Volume (Year): 9 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/525148
Other versions of this item:
- Philip Arestis & Iris Biefang-Frisancho Mariscal, . "Capital Shortages and Asymmetries in UK Unemployment," Working Papers 9607, University of East London, Department of Economics.
- J6 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shapiro, Carl & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1984. "Equilibrium Unemployment as a Worker Discipline Device," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 433-44, June.
- Haskel, J., 1996.
"The Decline in Unskilled Employment in UK Manufacturing,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
342, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Haskel, Jonathan, 1996. "The Decline in Unskilled Employment in UK Manufacturing," CEPR Discussion Papers 1356, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rowthorn, R E, 1977. "Conflict, Inflation and Money," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(3), pages 215-39, September.
- Roy Cromb, 1993. "A Survey of Recent Econometric Work on the NAIRU," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 20(1/2), pages 27-51, January.
- Olivier J. Blanchard & Lawrence H. Summers, 1986.
"Hysteresis And The European Unemployment Problem,"
in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1986, Volume 1, pages 15-90
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivier J. Blanchard & Lawrence H. Summers, 1987. "Hysteresis and the European Unemployment Problem," NBER Working Papers 1950, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivier J. Blanchard & Lawrence H. Summers, 1986. "Hysteresis and the European Unemployment Problem," Working papers 427, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Phillips, P C B, 1991.
"Optimal Inference in Cointegrated Systems,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 283-306, March.
- repec:ner:louvai:info:hdl:2078.1/76092 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paldam, Martin, 1989. " A Wage Structure Theory of Inflation, Industrial Conflicts and Trade Unions," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 91(1), pages 63-81.
- Harry J. Holzer & Edward B. Montgomery, 1990.
"Asymmetries and Rigidities in Wage Adjustments by Firms,"
NBER Working Papers
3274, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Holzer, Harry J & Montgomery, Edward B, 1993. "Asymmetries and Rigidities in Wage Adjustments by Firms," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(3), pages 397-408, August.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Alan Manning, 1992. "Productivity Growth, Wage Setting and the Equilibrium Rate of Unemployment," CEP Discussion Papers dp0063, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Granger, C W J & Swanson, Norman, 1996. "Future Developments in the Study of Cointegrated Variables," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 58(3), pages 537-53, August.
- Sneessens, H. & Dreze, J., 1985.
"A discussion of Belgian unemployment, combining traditional concepts and disequilibrium econometrics,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1985040, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Sneessens, Henri R & Dreze, Jacques H, 1986. "A Discussion of Belgian Unemployment, Combining Traditional Concepts and Disequilibrium Econometrics," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 53(210(S)), pages S89-119, Supplemen.
- SNEESSENS, Henri R. & DREZE, Jacques H., . "A discussion of Belgian unemployment, combining traditional concepts and disequilibrium econometrics," CORE Discussion Papers RP -704, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Rowthorn, Robert, 1995. "Capital Formation and Unemployment," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(1), pages 26-39, Spring.
- Lindbeck, Assar & Snower, Dennis J, 1986. "Wage Setting, Unemployment, and Insider-Outsider Relations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 235-39, May.
- Richard Layard & Stephen Nickell, 1992.
"Unemployment in the OECD Countries,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0081, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Assar Lindbeck, 1993. "Unemployment and Macroeconomics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121751, June.
- Granger, C W J & Lee, T H, 1989. "Investigation of Production, Sales and Inventory Relationships Using Multicointegration and Non-symmetric Error Correction Models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(S), pages S145-59, Supplemen.
- Malinvaud, E, 1986. "The Rise of Unemployment in France," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 53(210(S)), pages S197-217, Supplemen.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Scott, Andrew, 1994. "Asymmetries in the Cyclical Behaviour of UK Labour Markets," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(427), pages 1303-23, November.
- Nickell, Stephen J, 1987. "Why Is Wage Inflation in Britain So High?," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 49(1), pages 103-28, February.
- Martin Zagler, 2004. "A New Look at Old Issues: Keynesian Unemployment Revisited," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 209-224.
- Bande, Roberto & Karanassou, Marika, 2010.
"Spanish Regional Unemployment Revisited: The Role of Capital Accumulation,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5012, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Roberto Bande & Marika Karanassou, 2010. "Spanish Regional Unemployment Revisited: The Role of Capital Accumulation," Working Papers 666, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Arestis, Philip & Biefang-Frisancho Mariscal, Iris, 1999. "Unit roots and structural breaks in OECD unemployment," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 149-156, November.
- Giuseppe Fontana, 2006. "The "New Consensus" View of Monetary Policy: A New Wicksellian Connection?," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_476, Levy Economics Institute, The.
- Ines Perez-Soba Aguilar & Elena Marquez de la Cruz & Ana Rosa Martinez-Canete & Alfonso Palacio-Vera, 2006. "Capital Stock and Unemployment: Searching for the Missing Link," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_475, Levy Economics Institute, The.
- Roberto Bande Ramudo & Manuel Fernández Grela & Mª Dolores Riveiro García, 2011. "Consumption, Saving, Investment, and Unemployment. SVAR Tests of the Effects of Changes in the Consumption-Saving Pattern," Documentos de trabajo - Analise Economica 0045, IDEGA - Instituto Universitario de Estudios e Desenvolvemento de Galicia.
- Engelbert Stockhammer, 2011.
"Wage Norms, Capital Accumulation and Unemployment: A Post Keynesian View,"
wp253, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Engelbert Stockhammer, 2011. "Wage norms, capital accumulation, and unemployment: a post-Keynesian view," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(2), pages 295-311.
- Engelbert Stockhammer, 2004. "Explaining European Unemployment: Testing the NAIRU Hypothesis and a Keynesian Approach," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 1-26.
- Vasiliki Bozani, 2011. "NAIRU, Unemployment and Post Keynesian Economics," Working Papers 1105, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.