Non-linear evolution of dynamic spatial systems. The relevance of chaos and ecologically-based models
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Regional Science and Urban Economics.
Volume (Year): 25 (1995)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brock, William A. & Dechert, W. Davis, 1991.
"Non-linear dynamical systems: Instability and chaos in economics,"
Handbook of Mathematical Economics,
in: W. Hildenbrand & H. Sonnenschein (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 40, pages 2209-2235
- Brock, W.A. & Dechert, W.D., 1990. "Nonlinear Dynamical Systems Instability And Chaos In Economics," Working papers 90-17, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Benhabib, Jess & Day, Richard H, 1981. "Rational Choice and Erratic Behaviour," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(3), pages 459-71, July.
- P M Allen & M Sanglier, 1981. "Urban evolution, self-organization, and decisionmaking," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 13(2), pages 167-183, February.
- Nijkamp, P., 1984.
"Long-term economic fluctuations : a spatial view,"
Serie Research Memoranda
0002, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Brock, W. A., 1986. "Distinguishing random and deterministic systems: Abridged version," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 168-195, October.
- Frank, Murray Z & Stengos, Thanasis, 1988. " Chaotic Dynamics in Economic Time-Series," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(2), pages 103-33.
- Dana, Rose-Anne & Montrucchio, Luigi, 1986. "Dynamic complexity in duopoly games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 40-56, October.
- Grandmont Jean-michel, 1983.
"On endogenous competitive business cycles,"
CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange)
- M Batty & P A Longley, 1986. "The fractal simulation of urban structure," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 18(9), pages 1143-1179, September.
- Michele Boldrin, 1988. "Persistent Oscillations and Chaos in Dynamic Economic Models: Notes for a Survey," UCLA Economics Working Papers 458A, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Nusse, H. E. & Hommes, C. H., 1990. "Resolution of chaos with application to a modified Samuelson model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Nijkamp, P. & Dieperink, H., 1987.
"Dynamic spatial interaction models : new directions,"
Serie Research Memoranda
0069, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- P Nijkamp & A Reggiani, 1988. "Dynamic spatial interaction models: new directions," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 20(11), pages 1449-1460, November.
- Day, Richard H, 1982. "Irregular Growth Cycles," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 406-14, June.
- Albin, Peter S., 1987. "Microeconomic foundations of cyclical irregularities or `chaos'," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 185-214, June.
- Deneckere, Raymond & Pelikan, Steve, 1986. "Competitive chaos," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 13-25, October.
- Baumol, William J & Benhabib, Jess, 1989. "Chaos: Significance, Mechanism, and Economic Applications," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(1), pages 77-105, Winter.
- Scheinkman, Jose A, 1990. "Nonlinearities in Economic Dynamics," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(400), pages 33-48, Supplemen.
- Lorenz, Hans-Walter, 1987. "International trade and the possible occurrence of chaos," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 135-138.
- R W White, 1985. "Transitions to chaos with increasing system complexity: the case of regional industrial systems," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 17(3), pages 387-396, March.
- William J. Baumol & Richard E. Quandt, 1985. "Chaos Models and Their Implications for Forecasting," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 11(1), pages 3-15, Jan-Mar.
- Benhabib, Jess & Day, Richard H., 1982. "A characterization of erratic dynamics in, the overlapping generations model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 37-55, November.
- Kelsey, David, 1988. "The Economics of Chaos or the Chaos of Economics," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(1), pages 1-31, March.
- Brock, William A. & Sayers, Chera L., 1988. "Is the business cycle characterized by deterministic chaos?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 71-90, July.
- R H Day, 1985. "Dynamical systems theory and complicated economic behavior," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 12(1), pages 55-64, January.
- Hommes, Cars H & Nusse, Helena E, 1989. " Does an Unstable Keynesian Unemployment Equilibrium in a Non-Walrasian Dynamic Macroeconomic Model Imply Chaos?," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 91(1), pages 161-67.
- Fischer, Edwin O & Jammernegg, Werner, 1986. "Empirical Investigation of a Catastrophe Theory Extension of the Phillips Curve," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(1), pages 9-17, February.
- Luis A. Aguirre & Antonio Aguirre, 1997.
"A tutorial introduction to nonlinear dynamics in economics,"
Economics Department, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (Brazil), vol. 7(2), pages 9-47.
- Luís A. Aguirre & Antônio Aguirre, 1995. "A tutorial introduction to nonlinear dynamics in economics," Textos para DiscussÃ£o Cedeplar-UFMG td088, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Jorge Ridderstaat & Robertico Croes, 2013. "The Force Field of Tourism," Review of Economic Analysis, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, vol. 5(1), pages 1-24, June.
- Reggiani, Aura & Nijkamp, Peter & Sabella, Enrico, 2001. "New advances in spatial network modelling: Towards evolutionary algorithms," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 128(2), pages 385-401, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.