Firm-specific knowledge and technical efficiency of watch and clock manufacturing firms in China
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Production Economics.
Volume (Year): 107 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sheehan, Maura, 1997. "The Evolution of Technical Efficiency in the Northern Ireland Manufacturing Sector, 1973-1985," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 44(1), pages 59-81, February.
- Lancaster, Kelvin, 1980. "Competition and Product Variety," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(3), pages S79-103, July.
- Lim, David, 1980. "Tax Incentives and Resource Utilization in a Small Less Developed Country," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(34), pages 22-30, June.
- Renuka Mahadevan, 2000. "How technically efficient are Singapore's manufacturing industries?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(15), pages 2007-2014.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Kokkelenberg, Edward C, 1989. "Measuring Plant Capacity, Utilization and Technical Change: A Nonparametric Approach," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 30(3), pages 655-66, August.
- Barclay, Michael J & Smith, Clifford W, Jr, 1995. " The Maturity Structure of Corporate Debt," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(2), pages 609-31, June.
- Wei, Zuobao & Varela, Oscar & Kabir Hassan, M., 2002. "Ownership and performance in Chinese manufacturing industry1," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 61-78, February.
- Kyoji Fukao & Keiko Ito & Hyeog Ug Kwon, 2005.
"Do Out-In M&As Bring Higher TFP to Japan? An Empirical Analysis Based on Micro-data on Japanese Manufacturing Firms,"
05005, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Fukao, Kyoji & Ito, Keiko & Kwon, Hyeog Ug, 2005. "Do out-in M&As bring higher TFP to Japan? An empirical analysis based on micro-data on Japanese manufacturing firms," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 272-301, June.
- Kyoji Fukao & Keiko Ito & Hyeog Ug Kwon, 2004. "Do Out-In M&As Bring Higher TFP to Japan?: An Empirical Analysis Based on Micro-data on Japanese Manufacturing Firms," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d04-41, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Måns Söderbom & Francis Teal, 2004.
"Size and Efficiency in African Manufacturing Firms:Evidence from Firm-Level Panel Data,"
Development and Comp Systems
- Soderbom, Mans & Teal, Francis, 2004. "Size and efficiency in African manufacturing firms: evidence from firm-level panel data," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 369-394, February.
- Måns Söderbom & Francis Teal, 2002. "Size and efficiency in African manufacturing firms: Evidence from firm-level panel data," CSAE Working Paper Series 2002-07, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Harvey, A C, 1976. "Estimating Regression Models with Multiplicative Heteroscedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(3), pages 461-65, May.
- Karl Lundvall & George Battese, 2000. "Firm size, age and efficiency: Evidence from Kenyan manufacturing firms," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(3), pages 146-163.
- O'Mahony, Mary, 1998. "Anglo-German Productivity Differences: The Role of Broad Capital," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 19-36, January.
- Murillo-Zamorano, Luis R. & Vega-Cervera, Juan A., 2001. "The use of parametric and non-parametric frontier methods to measure the productive efficiency in the industrial sector: A comparative study," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 265-275, February.
- Xiao-Guang Zhang & Siqi Zhang, 2001. "Technical Efficiency in China's Iron and Steel Industry: Evidence from the new census data," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 199-211.
- Wen, Mei & Li, Dong & Lloyd, Peter, 2002. "Ownership and Technical Efficiency: A Cross-Section Study on the Third Industrial Census of China," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(3), pages 709-34, April.
- Brada, Josef C & King, Arthur E & Ma, Chia Ying, 1997. "Industrial Economics of the Transition: Determinants of Enterprise Efficiency in Czechoslovakia and Hungary," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(1), pages 104-27, January.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Callan, Scott J, 1991. "The Sensitivity of Productivity Growth Measures to Alternative Structural and Behavioral Assumptions: An Application to Electric Utilities, 1951-1984," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 9(2), pages 207-13, April.
- Baker, George P., 1993. "Growth, corporate policies, and the investment opportunity set," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1-3), pages 161-165, April.
- Gul, Ferdinand A., 1999. "Growth opportunities, capital structure and dividend policies in Japan," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 141-168, June.
- Førsund, Finn R. & Sarafoglou, Nikias, 2003.
"The Tale of two Research Communities: The Diffusion of Research on Productive Efficiency,"
08/2003, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Forsund, Finn R. & Sarafoglou, Nikias, 2005. "The tale of two research communities: The diffusion of research on productive efficiency," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 17-40, October.
- Finn R. Førsund & Nikias Sarafoglou, 2005. "The Tale of Two research Communities: The Diffusion of Research on Productive Efficiency," Department of Economics University of Siena 446, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Haddad, Mona & Harrison, Ann, 1993. "Are there positive spillovers from direct foreign investment? : Evidence from panel data for Morocco," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 51-74, October.
- A. A. Bevan & J. Danbolt, 2004. "Testing for inconsistencies in the estimation of UK capital structure determinants," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 55-66.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Del Monte, Alfredo & Papagni, Erasmo, 2003. "R&D and the growth of firms: empirical analysis of a panel of Italian firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1003-1014, June.
- Quoc Ngu Vu, 2003. "Technical Efficiency of Industrial State-Owned Enterprises in Vietnam," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 17(1), pages 87-101, 03.
- Jung, Yojin, 1991. "Multinationality and profitability," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 179-187, September.
- Pitt, Mark M. & Lee, Lung-Fei, 1981. "The measurement and sources of technical inefficiency in the Indonesian weaving industry," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 43-64, August.
- Segerstrom, P.S., 1990.
"Innovation, Imitation And Economic Growth,"
8818, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Chavas, Jean-Paul & Cox, Thomas L, 1990. "A Non-parametric Analysis of Productivity: The Case of U.S. and Japanese Manufacturing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(3), pages 450-64, June.
- Krishnaswami, Sudha & Spindt, Paul A. & Subramaniam, Venkat, 1999. "Information asymmetry, monitoring, and the placement structure of corporate debt," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 407-434, March.
- Oh, Dong-Hyun & Lööf, Hans & Heshmati, Almas, 2009.
"The Icelandic Economy: a victim of the financial crisis or simply inefficient?,"
Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation
199, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Dong-hyun Oh & Hans Loof & Almas Heshmati, 2009. "The Icelandic Economy: A Victim of the Financial Crisis or Simply Inefficient?," TEMEP Discussion Papers 200916, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Sep 2009.
- Quirós Romero, Cipriano & Rodríguez Rodríguez, Diego, 2010. "E-commerce and efficiency at the firm level," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 299-305, August.
- Ho, Dong-huyn & Lööf, Hans, 2009. "Creating Innovations, Productivity and Growth - the efficiency of Icelandic firms," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 162, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Jayaram, Jayanth & Xu, Kefeng, 2013. "The relative influence of external versus internal integration on plant performance in China," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 146(1), pages 59-69.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.