A Non-parametric Analysis of Productivity: The Case of U.S. and Japanese Manufacturing
AbstractA nonparametric analysis of technology, technical change, and productivity is presented in the context of cost minimizing behavior. A number of nonparametric tests concerning the existence and nature of technical change are applied to U.S. and Japanese manufacturing data. Nonparametric measures of technical change are presented. Copyright 1990 by American Economic Association.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 80 (1990)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- KERSTENS, Kristiaan & VANDEN EECKAUT, Philippe, 1997.
"Estimating returns to scale using nonparametric deterministic technologies : a new method based on goodness-of-fit,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1997013, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kerstens, Kristiaan & Vanden Eeckaut, Philippe, 1999. "Estimating returns to scale using non-parametric deterministic technologies: A new method based on goodness-of-fit," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 206-214, February.
- Bar-Shira, Ziv & Finkelshtain, Israel, 1997. "Nonparametric analysis of pooled production data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 173-178, August.
- Fulginiti, Lilyan E. & Perrin, Richard K., 1998.
"Agricultural productivity in developing countries,"
Blackwell, vol. 19(1-2), pages 45-51, September.
- Fulginiti, Lilyan E. & Perrin, Richard K., 1998. "Agricultural productivity in developing countries," Agricultural Economics: The Journal of the International Association of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 19(1-2), September.
- Wheelock, David C & Wilson, Paul W, 1999.
"Technical Progress, Inefficiency, and Productivity Change in U.S. Banking, 1984-1993,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 31(2), pages 212-34, May.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 1996. "Technical progress, inefficiency and productivity change in U.S. banking, 1984-1993," Working Papers 1994-021, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Tybout, James R., 1991. "Researching the trade - productivity link : new directions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 638, The World Bank.
- Lilyan E. Fulginiti & Richard K. Perrin, 2005.
"LDC Agriculture: Non-parametric Malmquist productivity indexes,"
Development and Comp Systems
- Fulginiti, Lilyan E. & Perrin, Richard K., 1997. "LDC agriculture: Nonparametric Malmquist productivity indexes," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 373-390, August.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna, 1995. "Nonparametric tests of regularity, Farrell efficiency, and goodness-of-fit," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 415-425, October.
- Wan, Guang Hua, 1993. "Measuring Technical Change: A Simple Dual Approach," 1993 Conference (37th), February 9-11, 1993, Sydney, Australia 147899, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Wu, Zai Bin & Yeung, Godfrey & Mok, Vincent & Han, Zhaozhou, 2007. "Firm-specific knowledge and technical efficiency of watch and clock manufacturing firms in China," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 317-332, June.
- Tetsuji Yamada & Tadashi Yamada & Guorn Liu, 1991. "Labor Productivity and Market Competition in Japan," NBER Working Papers 3800, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- SIMAR, Léopold & WILSON, Paul W., 1998.
"Productivity growth in industrialized countries,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1998036, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Laurens CHERCHYE & Timo KUOSMANEN & Thierry POST, 2001.
"Non-Parametric Production Analysis under Alternative Price Conditions,"
Center for Economic Studies - Discussion papers
ces0105, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën.
- Laurens Cherchye & Timo Kuosmanen & Thierry Post, 2001. "Nonparametric Production Analysis under Alternative Price Conditions," Public Economics Working Paper Series ces0105, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën, Working Group Public Economics.
- Jean-Paul CHAVAS & Thomas L. COX, 1994.
"A Primal-Dual Approach To Nonparametric Productivity Analysis: The Case Of U.S. Agriculture,"
372, University of Wisconsin Madison, AAE.
- Jean-Paul Chavas & Thomas L. Cox, 1994. "A Primal-Dual Approach to Nonparametric Productivity Analysis: the Case of U.S. Agriculture," Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers 372, Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department.
- Tsur, Yacov, 1990. "Testing The Significance Of Deviations From Rational Behavior," Staff Papers 13267, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Kellie Curry Raper & Corinna Noelke, 2004. "Determining market power exertion between buyers and sellers: are nonparametrics a viable alternative?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(20), pages 2265-2274.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.