The ECB interest rate rule under the Duisenberg presidency
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 20 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505544
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard Clarida & Jordi Gali & Mark Gertler, 1997.
"Monetary Policy Rules in Practice: Some International Evidence,"
NBER Working Papers
6254, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clarida, Richard & Gali, Jordi & Gertler, Mark, 1998. "Monetary policy rules in practice Some international evidence," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 1033-1067, June.
- Clarida, Richard & Galí, Jordi & Gertler, Mark, 1997. "Monetary Policy Rules in Practice: Some International Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 1750, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Michael Woodford, 1997.
"Inflation forecasts and monetary policy,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 653-686.
- Athanasios Orphanides, 2003.
"Historical monetary policy analysis and the Taylor rule,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2003-36, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Orphanides, Athanasios, 2003. "Historical monetary policy analysis and the Taylor rule," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(5), pages 983-1022, July.
- Nicoletta Batini & Andrew G Haldane, 1999.
"Forward-looking rules for monetary policy,"
Bank of England working papers
91, Bank of England.
- Arnold, Ivo J. M. & de Vries, Casper G., 2000. "Endogeneity in European money demand," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 587-609, November.
- Glenn D. Rudebusch, 2001.
"Term structure evidence on interest rate smoothing and monetary policy inertia,"
Working Paper Series
2001-02, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Rudebusch, Glenn D., 2002. "Term structure evidence on interest rate smoothing and monetary policy inertia," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(6), pages 1161-1187, September.
- Giancarlo Corsetti & Paolo Pesenti, 1999. "Stability, Asymmetry, and Discontinuity: The Launch of European Monetary Union," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 30(2), pages 295-372.
- Carl Walsh, 2003.
"Speed Limit Policies: The Output Gap and Optimal Monetary Policy,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 265-278, March.
- Carl Walsh, 2001. "Speed Limit Policies: The Output Gap and Optimal Monetary Policy," CESifo Working Paper Series 609, CESifo Group Munich.
- Paolo Surico, 2003.
"How does the ECB target inflation?,"
- Juan Ayuso & Rafael Repullo, 2000.
"A Model of the Open Market Operations of the European Central Bank,"
Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers
0016, Banco de Espa�a.
- Juan Ayuso & Rafael Repullo, 2003. "A Model of the Open Market Operations of the European Central Bank," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(490), pages 883-902, October.
- Ayuso, Juan & Repullo, Rafael, 2000. "A Model of the Open Market Operations of the European Central Bank," CEPR Discussion Papers 2605, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ayuso, J. & Repullo, R., 2000. "A Model of the Open Market Operations of the European Central Bank," Papers 0011, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros-.
- Stephan Sauer & Jan-Egbert Sturm, 2003. "Using Taylor Rules to Understand ECB Monetary Policy," CESifo Working Paper Series 1110, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ray C. Fair & E. Philip Howrey, 1995.
"Evaluating Alternative Monetary Policy Rules,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1091, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Gert Schnabel & Stefan Gerlach, 1999. "The Taylor rule and interest rates in the EMU area: a note," BIS Working Papers 73, Bank for International Settlements.
- John B. Taylor, 1999.
"A Historical Analysis of Monetary Policy Rules,"
in: Monetary Policy Rules, pages 319-348
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ullrich, Katrin, 2003. "A Comparison Between the Fed and the ECB: Taylor Rules," ZEW Discussion Papers 03-19, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Jon Faust & John H. Rogers & Jonathan H. Wright, 2001. "An empirical comparison of Bundesbank and ECB monetary policy rules," International Finance Discussion Papers 705, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Domenech, Rafael & Ledo, Mayte & Taguas, David, 2002.
"Some new results on interest rate rules in EMU and in the US,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 431-446.
- Rafael Domenech & Mayte Ledo & David Taguas, 2000. "Some new results on interest rate rules in EMU and in the US," Working Papers 0002, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- Taylor, John B., 1998.
"The Robustness and Efficiency of Monetary Policy Rules as Guidelines for Interest Rate Setting by the European Central Bank,"
649, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Taylor, John B., 1999. "The robustness and efficiency of monetary policy rules as guidelines for interest rate setting by the European central bank," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 655-679, June.
- Berger, Helge & Woitek, Ulrich, 2001. "The German political business cycle: money demand rather than monetary policy," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 609-631, September.
- Taylor, John B., 1993. "Discretion versus policy rules in practice," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 195-214, December.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.