Are women overqualified
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Labour Economics.
Volume (Year): 2 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/labeco
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Conway, Delores A & Roberts, Harry V, 1983. "Reverse Regression, Fairness, and Employment Discrimination," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 1(1), pages 75-85, January.
- van Ours, J.C. & Ridder, G., 1991. "Job Requirements and Recruitment of New Employees," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-142204, Tilburg University.
- Polachek, Solomon William, 1981. "Occupational Self-Selection: A Human Capital Approach to Sex Differences in Occupational Structure," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 63(1), pages 60-69, February.
- Arabmazar, Abbas & Schmidt, Peter, 1981. "Further evidence on the robustness of the Tobit estimator to heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 253-258, November.
- George Borjas, 1978.
"Discrimination in HEW: Is the Doctor Sick or Are the Patients Healthy?,"
University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State
3, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Borjas, George J, 1978. "Discrimination in HEW: Is the Doctor Sick or Are the Patients Healthy?," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(1), pages 97-110, April.
- Cabral, Robert & Ferber, Marianne A & Green, Carole A, 1981. "Men and Women in Fiduciary Institutions: A Study of Sex Differences in Career Development," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 63(4), pages 573-80, November.
- Jarque, Carlos M. & Bera, Anil K., 1982. "Efficient specification tests for limited dependent variable models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 153-160.
- Renes, Gusta & Hagenaars, Aldi, 1989. "The perceived distribution of job characteristics," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 845-862, April.
- van Ours, Jan & Ridder, Geert, 1991. "Job requirements and the recruitment of new employees," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 213-218, June.
- Cox, Donald, 1984. "Panel Estimates of the Effects of Career Interruptions on the Earnings of Women," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(3), pages 386-403, July.
- Goldin, Claudia & Polachek, Solomon, 1987. "Residual Differences by Sex: Perspectives on the Gender Gap in Earnings," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(2), pages 143-51, May.
- Blau, Francine D & Ferber, Marianne A, 1987. "Discrimination: Empirical Evidence from the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(2), pages 316-20, May.
- Russo, Giovanni & Ommeren, Jos van, 1997.
"Gender differences in recruitment outcomes,"
Serie Research Memoranda
0015, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Kjell Erik Lommerud & Odd Rune Straume & Steinar Vagstad, 2013.
"Mommy tracks and public policy: On self-fulfilling prophecies and gender gaps in promotion,"
NIPE Working Papers
5/2013, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Lommerud, Kjell Erik & Vagstad, Steinar, 2000. "Mommy Tracks and Public Policy: On Self-Fulfilling Prophecies and Gender Gaps in Promotion," CEPR Discussion Papers 2378, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lommerud, K.E. & Vagstad, S., 2000. "Mommy Tracks and Public Policy: On Self-Fulfilling Prophecies and Gender Gaps in Promotion," Norway; Department of Economics, University of Bergen 0600, Department of Economics, University of Bergen.
- Lommerud, Kjell Erik & Vagstad, Steinar, 2006. "Mommy tracks and public policy: on self-fulfilling prophecies and gender gaps in promotion," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance SP II 2006-10, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- D. Verhaest & E. Omey, 2009.
"The Determinants of Overeducation: Different Measures, Different Outcomes?,"
Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium
09/592, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Dieter Verhaest & Eddy Omey, 2010. "The determinants of overeducation: different measures, different outcomes?," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 31(6), pages 608-625, September.
- P. Frijters, 1997.
"Discrimination and job-uncertainty,"
Labor and Demography
- Verhaest, Dieter & Schatteman, Tom, 2010. "Overeducation in the early career: an analysis using sequence techniques," Working Papers 2010/09, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
- Teyssiere, Gilles, 1995. "Matching processes in the labour market an econometric study," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 421-435, December.
- Stephen Pudney & Michael Shields, .
"Gender, Race, Pay and Promotion in the British Nursing Profession: Estimation of a Generalised Ordered Probit Model,"
Discussion Papers in Public Sector Economics
97/4, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Stephen Pudney & Michael Shields, 2000. "Gender, race, pay and promotion in the British nursing profession: estimation of a generalized ordered probit model," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 367-399.
- Stephen Pudney & Michael Shields, . "Gender, Race, Pay and Promotion in the British Nursing Profession Estimation of a Generalised Ordered ProbitModel," Discussion Papers in Economics 97/4, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Pfeifer, Christian & Sohr, Tatjana, 2008. "Analysing the Gender Wage Gap Using Personnel Records of a Large German Company," IZA Discussion Papers 3533, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christian Pfeifer, 2011. "Handicaps in Job Assignment: Insiders, Outsiders and Gender," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 1-20, March.
- D. Verhaest & E. Omey, 2004. "What determines measured overeducation?," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 04/216, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.