Evaluation of tobacco cultivation alternatives under the EU common agricultural policy (CAP)
AbstractA multicriteria model was formulated in order to study the impacts of different tobacco diversification alternatives on income, employment and environment. It was developed in the context of the research project DIVTOB (Diversification for Tobacco Growing Regions in the Southern European Union), a European FP6 funded project. The model estimates the farmers' utility function taking in account various conflicting criteria that can explain the farmers' behaviour (e.g. maximisation of farm income, risk minimisation, labour, etc.). The model is used to simulate alternative scenarios and policies and to take alternative farm plans that achieve different levels of income, labour and environmental impacts.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Policy Modeling.
Volume (Year): 31 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735
CAP Decoupling Evaluation Multicriteria analysis;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Berbel, J. & Rodriguez-Ocana, A., 1998. "An MCDM approach to production analysis: An application to irrigated farms in Southern Spain," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 108-118, May.
- Sean A. Cahill, 1997. "Calculating The Rate Of Decoupling For Crops Under Cap/Oilseeds Reform," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1-3), pages 349-378.
- Osterburg, Bernhard & Nitsch, Heike & Kristensen, Lone, 2005. "Environmental Standards and Their Linkage to Support Instruments of the EU Common Agricultural Policy," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24521, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- José A. Gómez-Limón & Ignacio Atance, 2004. "Identification of Public Objectives Related to Agricultural Sector Support," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2004/57, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Basil Manos & Thomas Bournaris & Mohd Kamruzzaman & Moss Begum & Ara Anjuman & Jason Papathanasiou, 2006. "Regional Impact of Irrigation Water Pricing in Greece under Alternative Scenarios of European Policy: A Multicriteria Analysis," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(9), pages 1055-1068.
- Rizov, Marian, 2004. "Rural development and welfare implications of CAP reforms," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 209-222, February.
- Gomez-Limon, J.A. & Atance, I., 2004. "Identification of public objectives related to agricultural sector support," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(8-9), pages 1045-1071, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.