Investments in tracking and tracing systems in the food industry: A PLS analysis
AbstractTraceability and related concepts, such as trust and transparency have gained greatly in relevance in food supply chains. This study seeks to answer what exactly determines firms’ investments in traceability systems by developing and testing a theoretical framework using partial least squares methodology and empirical data from 234 companies of the German food industry.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Food Policy.
Volume (Year): 37 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol
Traceability; Tracking and tracing; Investments; Food industry; Investment model;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Spriggs, John & Hobbs, Jill E. & Fearne, Andrew, 2000. "Beef Producer Attitudes To Coordination And Quality Assurance In Canada And The Uk," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 3(01).
- Lutz Hildebrandt & Dirk Temme, 2006. "Probleme der Validierung mit Strukturgleichungsmodellen," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-082, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Bullock, D. S. & Desquilbet, M., 2002.
"The economics of non-GMO segregation and identity preservation,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 81-99, February.
- Bullock, David S. & Desquilbet, Marion & Nitsi, Elisavet I., 2000. "The Economics Of Non-Gmo Segregation And Identity Preservation," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21845, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Buhr, Brian L., 2003. "Traceability And Information Technology In The Meat Supply Chain: Implications For Firm Organization And Market Structure," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 34(03), November.
- Buhr, Brian L., 2003. "Traceability, Trade And Cool: Lessons From The Eu Meat And Poultry Industry," Working Papers 14577, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Schulze, Holger & Albersmeier, Friederike & Gawron, Jana-Christina & Spiller, Achim & Theuvsen, Ludwig, 2008. "Heterogeneity in the Evaluation of Quality Assurance Systems: The International Food Standard (IFS) in European Agribusiness," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 11(3).
- Ajzen, Icek, 1991. "The theory of planned behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 179-211, December.
- Emmanuel Raynaud & Loïc Sauvée & Egizio Valceschini, 2009. "Aligning branding strategies and governance of vertical transactions in agri-food chains," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(5), pages 835-868, October.
- Viswanath Venkatesh & Fred D. Davis, 2000. "A Theoretical Extension of the Technology Acceptance Model: Four Longitudinal Field Studies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(2), pages 186-204, February.
- Banterle, Alessandro & Stranieri, Stefanella, 2008. "The consequences of voluntary traceability system for supply chain relationships. An application of transaction cost economics," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 560-569, December.
- Ubilava, David & Foster, Kenneth, 2009. "Quality certification vs. product traceability: Consumer preferences for informational attributes of pork in Georgia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 305-310, June.
- Dickinson, David L. & Bailey, DeeVon, 2005. "Experimental Evidence on Willingness to Pay for Red Meat Traceability in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Japan," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 37(03), December.
- Jill E. Hobbs & DeeVon Bailey & David L. Dickinson & Morteza Haghiri, 2005. "Traceability in the Canadian Red Meat Sector: Do Consumers Care?," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 53(1), pages 47-65, 03.
- Fritz, Melanie & Fischer, Christian, 2007. "The Role of Trust in European Food Chains: Theory and Empirical Findings," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 10(02).
- Goldsmith, Peter D., 2004. "Traceability And Identity Preservation Policy: Private Initiatives Vs. Public Intervention," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20167, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Henson, Spencer & Traill, Bruce, 1993. "The demand for food safety : Market imperfections and the role of government," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 152-162, April.
- Oliver Musshoff & Norbert Hirschauer, 2008. "Adoption of organic farming in Germany and Austria: an integrative dynamic investment perspective," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(1), pages 135-145, 07.
- Golan, Elise H. & Krissoff, Barry & Kuchler, Fred & Calvin, Linda & Nelson, Kenneth E. & Price, Gregory K., 2004. "Traceability In The U.S. Food Supply: Economic Theory And Industry Studies," Agricultural Economics Reports 33939, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Raynaud, Emmanuel & Sauvée, Loïc & Valceschini, Egizio, 2009. "Aligning branding strategies and governance of vertical transactions in agri-food chains," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/7520, Paris Dauphine University.
- Holleran, Erin & Bredahl, Maury E. & Zaibet, Lokman, 1999. "Private incentives for adopting food safety and quality assurance," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 669-683, December.
- Yoon, Eunsang & Guffey, Hugh J. & Kijewski, Valerie, 1993. "The effects of information and company reputation on intentions to buy a business service," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 215-228, July.
- Zhang, Cheng & Dhaliwal, Jasbir, 2009. "An investigation of resource-based and institutional theoretic factors in technology adoption for operations and supply chain management," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 252-269, July.
- Emmann, Carsten H. & Arens, Ludwig & Theuvsen, Ludwig, 2013. "Individual acceptance of the biogas innovation: A structural equation model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 372-378.
- Saak, Alexander E., 2013. "Traceability and Reputation in Supply Chains," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149988, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.