Economics, food choices, and nutrition
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Food Policy.
Volume (Year): 24 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2-3 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kuo S. Huang, 1996. "Nutrient Elasticities in a Complete Food Demand System," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(1), pages 21-29.
- Senauer, Benjamin & Garcia, Marito, 1991. "Determinants of the Nutrition and Health Status of Preschool Children: An Analysis with Longitudinal Data," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39(2), pages 371-89, January.
- Variyam, Jayachandran N. & Blaylock, James & Smallwood, David, 1995. "Modeling Nutrient Intake: The Role of Dietary Information," Technical Bulletins 156772, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- K. K. Lancaster, 2010. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1385, David K. Levine.
- Phillip Farrell & Victor R. Fuchs, 1983.
"Schooling and Health: The Cigarette Connection,"
NBER Working Papers
0768, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jayachandran N. Variyam & James Blaylock & David Smallwood, 1996. "A Probit Latent Variable Model of Nutrition Information and Dietary Fiber Intake," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(3), pages 628-639.
- Thomas, Duncan & Strauss, John, 1992.
"Prices, infrastructure, household characteristics and child height,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 301-331, October.
- Thomas, D. & Strauss, J., 1990. "Prices, Infrastructure, Household Charasteristics And Child Height," Papers 602, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Barrera, Albino, 1990. "The role of maternal schooling and its interaction with public health programs in child health production," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 69-91, January.
- Kassouf, Ana L & Senauer, Benjamin, 1996. "Direct and Indirect Effects of Parental Education on Malnutrition among Children in Brazil: A Full Income Approach," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(4), pages 817-38, July.
- Variyam, Jayachandran N. & Blaylock, James R. & Smallwood, David M. & Basiotis, P. Peter, 1998. "USDA's Healthy Eating Index and Nutrition Information," Technical Bulletins 33588, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132.
- Haughton, Dominique & Haughton, Jonathan, 1997. "Explaining Child Nutrition in Vietnam," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(3), pages 541-56, April.
- Ippolito, Pauline M & Mathios, Alan D, 1995. "Information and Advertising: The Case of Fat Consumption in the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 91-95, May.
- Kenkel, Donald S, 1991.
"Health Behavior, Health Knowledge, and Schooling,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(2), pages 287-305, April.
- Duncan Thomas & John Strauss & Maria-Helena Henriques, 1991. "How Does Mother's Education Affect Child Height?," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 26(2), pages 183-211.
- Huang, Kuo S., 1993. "A Complete System of U.S. Demand for Food," Technical Bulletins 157046, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- William N. Evans & Edward Montgomery, 1994. "Education and Health: Where There's Smoke There's an Instrument," NBER Working Papers 4949, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Drichoutis, Andreas C. & Lazaridis, Panagiotis & Nayga, Rodolfo M., Jr., 2006. "Food involvement and food purchasing behaviour," 98th Seminar, June 29-July 2, 2006, Chania, Crete, Greece 10048, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Drichoutis, Andreas C. & Lazaridis, Panagiotis & Nayga, Rodolfo M., Jr., 2006. "Nutritional food label use: A theoretical and empirical perspective," 98th Seminar, June 29-July 2, 2006, Chania, Crete, Greece 10033, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- You, Wen & Nayga, Rodolfo M., Jr., 2003. "Impact Of Food Away From Home On Children'S Diet," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22239, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Rhodes, Charles, 2012. "A Dynamic Model of Failure to Maximize Utility in the Chronic Consumer Choice to Consume Foods High in Added Sugars," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124693, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Borghans, Lex & Golsteyn, Bart H.H., 2006. "Time discounting and the body mass index: Evidence from the Netherlands," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 39-61, January.
- Øvrum, Arnstein & Alfnes, Frode & Almli, Valérie L. & Rickertsen, Kyrre, 2012. "Health information and diet choices: Results from a cheese experiment," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 520-529.
- Scholderer, Joachim & Grunert, Klaus G., 2005. "Consumers, food and convenience: The long way from resource constraints to actual consumption patterns," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 105-128, February.
- Lawless, Lydia J.R. & Nayga, Rodolfo & Drichoutis, Andreas, 2013. "Time preference and health behaviour: A review," MPRA Paper 45382, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Acharya, Ram N., 2001. "The Role Of Health Information On Fruits And Vegetable Consumption," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20704, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Smith, Patricia K. & Bogin, Barry & Bishai, David, 2005. "Are time preference and body mass index associated?: Evidence from the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 259-270, July.
- Teratanavat, Ratapol P. & Hooker, Neal H. & Haugtvedt, Curtis P. & Rucker, Derek D., 2004. "Consumer Understanding And Use Of Health Information On Product Labels: Marketing Implications For Functional Food," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20413, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Barreiro-Hurlé, Jesús & Gracia, Azucena & de-Magistris, Tiziana, 2010. "Does nutrition information on food products lead to healthier food choices?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 221-229, June.
- Boizot-Szantai, Christine & Etile, Fabrice, 2005. "The Food Prices / Body Mass Index Relationship: Theory and Evidence from a Sample of French Adults," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24734, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.