ARCH effects and cointegration: Is the foreign exchange market efficient?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 20 (1996)
Issue (Month): 4 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Engle, Robert F & Lilien, David M & Robins, Russell P, 1987. "Estimating Time Varying Risk Premia in the Term Structure: The Arch-M Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 391-407, March.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
- Hakkio, Craig S, 1981.
"Expectations and the Forward Exchange Rate,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 22(3), pages 663-78, October.
- Baillie, Richard T & Bollerslev, Tim, 1989.
"The Message in Daily Exchange Rates: A Conditional-Variance Tale,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 7(3), pages 297-305, July.
- Baillie, Richard T & Bollerslev, Tim, 2002. "The Message in Daily Exchange Rates: A Conditional-Variance Tale," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 60-68, January.
- Robert E. Cumby & Maurice Obstfeld, 1982.
"International Interest-Rate and Price-Level Linkages Under Flexible Exchange Rates: A Review of Recent Evidence,"
NBER Working Papers
0921, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert E. Cumby & Maurice Obstfeld, 1984. "International Interest Rate and Price Level Linkages under Flexible Exchange Rates: A Review of Recent Evidence," NBER Chapters, in: Exchange Rate Theory and Practice, pages 121-152 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McCurdy, Thomas H. & Morgan, Ieuan G., 1987.
"Tests of the martingale hypothesis for foreign currency futures with time-varying volatility,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 131-148.
- Thomas H. McCurdy & Ieuan G. Morgan, 1986. "Tests of the Martingale Hypothesis for Foreign Currency Futures with Time-Varying Volatility," Working Papers 663, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Cornell, Bradford, 1977. "Spot rates, forward rates and exchange market efficiency," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 55-65, August.
- Bailey, Ralph W & Baillie, Richard T & McMahon, Patrick C, 1984. "Interpreting Econometric Evidence on Efficiency in the Foreign Exchange Market," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(1), pages 67-85, March.
- John F. O. Bilson, 1980.
"The "Speculative Efficiency" Hypothesis,"
NBER Working Papers
0474, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Phillips, P C B, 1987.
"Time Series Regression with a Unit Root,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 277-301, March.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1985. "Time Series Regression with a Unit Root," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 740R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Feb 1986.
- Tom Doan, . "PPUNIT: RATS procedure to perform Phillips-Perron Unit Root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00160, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Hsieh, David A., 1984. "Tests of rational expectations and no risk premium in forward exchange markets," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1-2), pages 173-184, August.
- Milhoj, Anders, 1987. "A Conditional Variance Model for Daily Deviations of an Exchange Rate," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 5(1), pages 99-103, January.
- Domowitz, Ian & Hakkio, Craig S., 1985. "Conditional variance and the risk premium in the foreign exchange market," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 47-66, August.
- Baillie, Richard T & Lippens, Robert E & McMahon, Patrick C, 1983. "Testing Rational Expectations and Efficiency in the Foreign Exchange Market," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(3), pages 553-63, May.
- Elyasiani, Elyas & Kocagil, Ahmet E., 2001. "Interdependence and dynamics in currency futures markets: A multivariate analysis of intraday data," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1161-1186, June.
- Dominguez, Emilio & Novales, Alfonso, 2000. "Testing the expectations hypothesis in Eurodeposits," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 713-736, October.
- Lucey, Brian M. & Muckley, Cal, 2011.
"Robust global stock market interdependencies,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 215-224, August.
- Brian M Lucey & Cal Muckley, 2011. "Robust Global Stock Market Interdependencies," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp353, IIIS.
- Bredin, Don & Muckley, Cal, 2011. "An emerging equilibrium in the EU emissions trading scheme," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 353-362, March.
- Thuraisamy, Kannan & Gannon, Gerard, 2013.
"Modelling the sovereign linkages of key Latin American economies,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 222-239.
- Kannan Thuraisamy & Gerard Gannon, 2012. "Modelling the Sovereign Linkages of Key Latin American Economies," Financial Econometics Series 2012_03, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Adrian Wai-Kong Cheung & Jen-Je Su & Astrophel Kim Choo, 2011. "Are Euro exchange rates markets efficient? New evidence from a large panel," Discussion Papers in Finance finance:201109, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Delcoure, Natalya & Barkoulas, John & Baum, Christopher F. & Chakraborty, Atreya, 2003. "The forward rate unbiasedness hypothesis reexamined: evidence from a new test," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 83-93, May.
- Natalya Delcoure & John T. Barkoulas & Christopher F. Baum & Atreya Chakraborty, 2000. "The Forward Rate Unbiasedness Hypothesis Revisited: Evidence from a New Test," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 464, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Jason Allen & Darcey McVanel, 2009. "Price Movements in the Canadian Residential Mortgage Market," Working Papers 09-13, Bank of Canada.
- Chor-yiu SIN, 2004. "Estimation and Testing for Partially Nonstationary Vector Autoregressive Models with GARCH: WLS versus QMLE," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 476, Econometric Society.
- Kim Liow & Wei Chen, 2013. "Is There Volatility Convergence in Asia-Pacific Securitized Real Estate Markets?," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 370-390, August.
- Aggarwal, Raj & Muckley, Cal B., 2010. "Assessing co-ordinated Asian exchange rate regimes: Proposal for a possible move towards a common currency," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 149-165, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.