How strong is the case for a populist central banker? A note
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 46 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christopher J. Waller, 1995. "Performance contracts for central bankers," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Sep, pages 3-14.
- Alesina, Alberto & Summers, Lawrence H, 1993. "Central Bank Independence and Macroeconomic Performance: Some Comparative Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(2), pages 151-62, May.
- Barro, Robert J & Gordon, David B, 1983.
"A Positive Theory of Monetary Policy in a Natural Rate Model,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(4), pages 589-610, August.
- Robert J. Barro & David B. Gordon, 1983. "A Positive Theory of Monetary Policy in a Natural-Rate Model," NBER Working Papers 0807, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-91, June.
- Gylfason, Thorvaldur & Lindbeck, Assar, 1994.
" The Interaction of Monetary Policy and Wages,"
Springer, vol. 79(1-2), pages 33-46, April.
- Laurence M. Ball, 1997.
"Disinflation and the NAIRU,"
in: Reducing Inflation: Motivation and Strategy, pages 167-194
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cukierman, A. & Lippi, F., 1998.
"Central Bank Independence, Centralization of Wage Bargaining, Inflation and Unemployment - Theory and Some Evidence,"
1998-116, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Cukierman, Alex & Lippi, Francesco, 1999. "Central bank independence, centralization of wage bargaining, inflation and unemployment:: Theory and some evidence," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(7), pages 1395-1434, June.
- Rogoff, Kenneth, 1985. "The Optimal Degree of Commitment to an Intermediate Monetary Target," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 100(4), pages 1169-89, November.
- Hayo, Bernd & Hefeker, Carsten, 2002. "Reconsidering central bank independence," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 653-674, November.
- Pusch, Toralf & Heise, Arne, 2008.
"Central Banks, Trade Unions and Reputation – Is there Room for an Expansionist Manoeuvre in the European Union?,"
19719, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pusch, Toralf & Heise, Arne, 2008. "Central banks, trade unions and reputation - is there room for an expansionist manoeuvre in the European Union?," Working Papers on Economic Governance 31, University of Hamburg, Department of Socioeconomics.
- Cavallari, Lilia, 2012. "Optimal contracts and the role of the government in wage bargaining," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 160-163.
- Pusch, Toralf, 2007.
"Verteilungskampf und geldpolitische Sanktion,"
Working Papers on Economic Governance
23, University of Hamburg, Department of Socioeconomics.
- Pusch, Toralf, 2007.
"Verteilungskampf und geldpolitische Sanktion
[The struggle over distribution and monetary sanction]," MPRA Paper 15228, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pusch, Toralf, 2007. "Verteilungskampf und geldpolitische Sanktion
- Pusch, Toralf, 2008. "EZB contra Gewerkschaften? Mit Reputationsaufbau zur Vollbeschäftigung in Europa," Working Papers on Economic Governance 29, University of Hamburg, Department of Socioeconomics.
- Clemente De Lucia, 2003. "Wage Setters, Central Bank Conservatism and Economic Performance," ISAE Working Papers 34, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
- Jerger, Jurgen, 2002. "Socially optimal monetary policy institutions," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 761-781, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.