Do higher gasoline taxes save lives?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 90 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chouinard, Hayley & Perloff, Jeffrey M., 2003.
"Incidence of Federal and State Gasoline Taxes,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt5q74052d, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Paul R. Portney & J. Paul Leigh & James T. Wilkinson, 1991. "The effect of gasoline taxes on highway fatalities," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(3), pages 474-481.
- David C. Grabowski & Michael A. Morrisey, 2004. "Gasoline prices and motor vehicle fatalities," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(3), pages 575-593.
- Ted Gayer, 2004. "The Fatality Risks of Sport-Utility Vehicles, Vans, and Pickups Relative to Cars," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 103-133, 03.
- Dee, Thomas S., 1999. "State alcohol policies, teen drinking and traffic fatalities," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 289-315, May.
- Kwon, Youngsun & Han, Seung Hun & Nam, Changi, 2012. "Estimating the costs of political populism: Traffic violation pardons in Korea," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 46(9), pages 1449-1457.
- Gaudry, Marc & de Lapparent, Matthieu, 2013. "Part 2. Beyond single-outcome models: Decompositions of aggregate and disaggregate road safety risk," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 20-37.
- Antonio M. Bento & Jonathan E. Hughes & Daniel T. Kaffine, 2012.
"Carpooling and Driver Responses to Fuel Price Changes: Evidence from Traffic Flows in Los Angeles,"
2012-06, Colorado School of Mines, Division of Economics and Business.
- Bento, Antonio M. & Hughes, Jonathan E. & Kaffine, Daniel, 2013. "Carpooling and driver responses to fuel price changes: Evidence from traffic flows in Los Angeles," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 41-56.
- Gaudry, Marc & de Lapparent, Matthieu, 2013. "Part 3. Multivariate road safety models: Future research orientations and current use to forecast performance," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 38-56.
- Guangqing Chi & Jeremy Porter & Arthur Cosby & David Levinson, 2009. "A Time Geography Approach to Understanding the Impact of Gasoline Price Changes on Traffic Safety," Working Papers 000092, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Gaudry, Marc & Himouri, Slimane, 2013. "DRAG-ALZ-1, a first model of monthly total road demand, accident frequency, severity and victims by category, and of mean speed on highways, Algeria 1970–2007," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 66-78.
- Jusot, Florence & Grignon, Michel & Buchmueller, Tom, 2007. "Unemployment and Mortality in France, 1982-2002," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/7024, Paris Dauphine University.
- Dadashova, Bahar & Ramírez Arenas, Blanca & McWilliams Mira, José & Izquierdo Aparicio, Francisco, 2014. "Explanatory and prediction power of two macro models. An application to van-involved accidents in Spain," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 203-217.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.