Benefit-cost meta-analysis of investment in the International Agricultural Research Centers of the CGIAR
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Agricultural Systems.
Volume (Year): 96 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1-3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Oehmke, James F., 1988. "The calculation of returns to research in distorted markets," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 2(4), pages 291-302, December.
- Ryan, James G., 1999. "Assessing the impact of rice policy changes in Viet Nam and the contribution of policy research:," Impact assessments 8, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Alston, Julian M. & Pardey, Philip G. & Roseboom, Johannes, 1998. "Financing agricultural research: International investment patterns and policy perspectives," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1057-1071, June.
- Freebairn, Donald K., 1995. "Did the Green Revolution Concentrate Incomes? A Quantitative Study of Research Reports," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 265-279, February.
- Alston, Julian M. & Pardey, Philip G., 2001. "Attribution and other problems in assessing the returns to agricultural R&D," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 25(2-3), pages 141-152, September.
- Pollard, William E. & Cooper, Alfred C. & Griffin, Deborah H., 1985. "Documentation in evaluation research: Managerial and scientific requirements," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 161-169, January.
- Rank, Dennis & Williams, Douglas, 1999. "Partial benefit/cost in the evaluation of the Canadian Networks of Centres of Excellence," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 121-129.
- Ekboir, Javier, 2003. "Why impact analysis should not be used for research evaluation and what the alternatives are," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 166-184, November.
- Evenson, R.E. & Gollin, D., 1994.
"Genetic Resources, International Organizations, and the Rice Varietal Improvement,"
713, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Evenson, Robert E & Gollin, Douglas, 1997. "Genetic Resources, International Organizations, and Improvement in Rice Varieties," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(3), pages 471-500, April.
- Delgado, Christopher L. & Hopkins, Jane & Kelly , Valerie & Hazell, P. B. R. & McKenna, Anna A. & Gruhn, Peter & Hojjati, Behjat & Sil, Jayashree & Courbois, Claude, 1998. "Agricultural growth linkages in Sub-Saharan Africa:," Research reports 107, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Kerr, John M. & Kolavalli, Shashi, 1999. "Impact of agricultural research on poverty alleviation: conceptual framework with illustrations from the literature," EPTD discussion papers 56, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bates, Robert H., 1983. "Patterns of market intervention in agrarian Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 297-304, November.
- Zeddies, J. & Schaab, R. P. & Neuenschwander, P. & Herren, H. R., 2000. "Economics of biological control of cassava mealybug in Africa," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 24(2), pages 209-219, January.
- Neale, Jenny & Owen, John M. & Small, Debbie, 2003. "Encouraging the use of codes of behaviour in evaluation practice," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 29-36, February.
- Salter, Ammon J. & Martin, Ben R., 2001. "The economic benefits of publicly funded basic research: a critical review," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 509-532, March.
- Dey, Madan Mohan & Kumar, Praduman & Chen, Oai Li & Khan, Md. Akhtaruzzaman & Barik, Nagesh Kumar & Li, Luping & Nissapa, Ayut & Pham, Ngoc Sao, 2013. "Potential impact of genetically improved carp strains in Asia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 306-320.
- Maredia, Mywish K. & Raitzer, David A., 2012. "Review and analysis of documented patterns of agricultural research impacts in Southeast Asia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 46-58.
- Renkow, Mitch & Byerlee, Derek, 2010. "The impacts of CGIAR research: A review of recent evidence," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 391-402, October.
- Raitzer, David A., 2010. "Assessing the Impact of Policy-Oriented Research: The Case of CIFOR's Influence on the Indonesian Pulp and Paper Sector," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 1506-1518, October.
- Walker, Tom & Ryan, Jim & Kelley, Tim, 2010. "Impact Assessment of Policy-Oriented International Agricultural Research: Evidence and Insights from Case Studies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 1453-1461, October.
- Raitzer, David A. & Maredia, Mywish K., 2012. "Analysis of agricultural research investment priorities for sustainable poverty reduction in Southeast Asia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 412-426.
- Maredia, Mywish K., 2009. "Improving the proof: Evolution of and emerging trends in impact assessment methods and approaches in agricultural development," IFPRI discussion papers 929, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.