Product Characteristics Affecting Consumers' Fresh Beef Cut Purchasing Decisions In The United States, Japan, And Australia
AbstractThe effects of product and economic characteristics on consumers who purchase six cuts of fresh beef (blocks/parts, steak, thinly sliced, diced, chopped, and ground) in urban areas of the United States, Japan, and Australia will be examined in this paper. Certain product characteristics (such as product freshness and display case cleanliness) were important to consumers of beef in all three countries while other product characteristics (such as price considerations for ground beef consumers) were important for consumers of different beef cuts in all three countries. Some product characteristics varied in importance across consumers from different countries and consumers of different beef cuts.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Food Distribution Research Society in its journal Journal of Food Distribution Research.
Volume (Year): 29 (1998)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Capps, Oral, Jr. & Farris, Donald E. & Byrne, Patrick J. & Namken, Jerry C. & Lambert, Charles D., 1994. "Determinants Of Wholesale Beef-Cut Prices," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(01), July.
- Namken, Jerry C. & Farris, Donald E. & Capps, Oral, Jr., 1994. "The Demand For Wholesale Beef Cuts By Season And Trend," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 25(2), September.
- Green, John R. & Hayes, Dermot J. & Khan, Linda & Kihl, Young Whan & Knipe, C. Lynn & Olson, Dennis & Ramaswami, Sridhar & Rust, Robert & Sapp, Stephen G. & Seim, Emerson L. & Wahl, Thomas I. & Clemen, 1990. "Meat Marketing in Japan: A Guide for U.S. Meat Exporting Companies," Staff General Research Papers 539, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Armah, Paul W. & Kennedy, Donald, 2000. "Identification Of Market Potential For Pasture-Raised Pork In The Mississippi Delta Of Arkansas-1998," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 31(01), March.
- Farrell, Terence C. & Hopkins, David L., 2007. "A hedonic Model of Lamb Carcass Attributes," Australasian Agribusiness Review, University of Melbourne, Melbourne School of Land and Environment, vol. 15.
- Armah, Paul W. & Kennedy, Donald, 2000. "Evaluating Consumer Perceptions And Preferences For Pasture-Raised Pork In The Mississippi Delta Of Arkansas," Journal of Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics Association of Georgia, vol. 18(3).
- Sayed H. Saghaian & Leigh J. Maynard & Michael R. Reed, 2007. "The effects of E. coli 0157:H7, FMD and BSE on Japanese retail beef prices: A historical decomposition," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(1), pages 131-147.
- McCluskey, Jill J. & Grimsrud, Kristine M. & Ouchi, Hiromi & Wahl, Thomas I., 2005. "Bovine spongiform encephalopathy in Japan: consumers’ food safety perceptions and willingness to pay for tested beef," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 49(2), June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.