Agricultural Economics Research And Extension Marketing Programs: How Well Are They Integrated?
AbstractExtension marketing economists were surveyed to determine whether they are using available research results and whether research is being conducted on topics relevant to extension marketing economists. In some cases, the beliefs of extension marketing economists differ from recent research results. The research topics recommended by extension economists and the topics of papers presented at the 1994-97 annual NCR-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management are well matched. While relevant research is being done, many extension economists desire marketing strategies that both reduce risk and increase income. Research, however, has not produced such strategies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Agricultural Economics Association of Georgia in its journal Journal of Agribusiness.
Volume (Year): 17 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
efficient markets; extension; farmer marketing; outlook; research; risk; Teaching/Communication/Extension/Profession;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- B. Wade Brorsen & John Coombs & Kim Anderson, 1995. "The cost of forward contracting wheat," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(4), pages 349-354.
- Robison, Lindon J. & Colyer, Dale, 1994. "Reflections On Relevance Of Professional Journals," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(01), July.
- Elam, Emmett W., 1992. "Cash Forward Contracting Versus Hedging Of Fed Cattle, And The Impact Of Cash Contracting On Cash Prices," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 17(01), July.
- Anderson, Kim B. & Mapp, Harry P., Jr., 1996. "Risk Management Programs In Extension," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 21(01), July.
- Brorsen, B. Wade & Irwin, Scott H., 1996. "Improving The Relevance Of Research On Price Forecasting And Marketing Strategies," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 25(1), April.
- Deirdre N. McCloskey & Stephen T. Ziliak, 1996. "The Standard Error of Regressions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(1), pages 97-114, March.
- Kastens, Terry L. & Schroeder, Ted C. & Plain, Ronald L., 1998. "Evaluation Of Extension And Usda Price And Production Forecasts," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 23(01), July.
- Yoon, Byung-Sam & Brorsen, B. Wade, 2005. "Can Multiyear Rollover Hedging Increase Mean Returns?," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 37(01), April.
- O'Brien, Daniel M., 2000. "Do Profitable Grain Marketing Strategies Exist For Kansas Crops?," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21758, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Yoon, Byung-Sam & Brorsen, B. Wade, 2000. "Rollover Hedging," 2000 Conference, April 17-18 2000, Chicago, Illinois 18938, NCR-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- Park, Cheol-Ho & Irwin, Scott H., 2004.
"The Profitability Of Technical Trading Rules In Us Futures Markets: A Data Snooping Free Test,"
2004 Conference, April 19-20, 2004, St. Louis, Missouri
19011, NCR-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- Park, Cheol-Ho & Irwin, Scott H., 2005. "The Profitability of Technical Trading Rules in US Futures Markets: A Data Snooping Free Test," AgMAS Project Research Reports 14771, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics.
- Wauters, Erwin & De Cock, Lieve & Wit, Jan de & Lauwers, Ludwig H., 2011. "The foregone risk premium: a communicative and practical method for the evaluation of risk-return profiles in agriculture," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 115737, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.