Recent Duality Contributions In Production Economics
AbstractThis article is a limited assessment of the agricultural production economics literature since 1982 that resulted from dual modeling approaches. Contributions have removed several perceived obstacles to dual modeling, such as testing curvature, identifying the technology when prices are collinear, and examining dynamics of production. Some contributions have also removed obstacles to primal modeling. Dual methods have been used in risk applications only recently and still appear less convenient than primal methods. Convenience may become the primary criterion for selecting primal or dual methods.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Western Agricultural Economics Association in its journal Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
Volume (Year): 20 (1995)
Issue (Month): 01 (July)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shumway, C. Richard, 1993. "Production economics: Worthwhile investment?," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 89-108, August.
- Andreas A. Andrikopoulos & James A. Brox, 1992. "Cost Structure, Interfactor Substitution and Complementarity, and Efficiency in the Canadian Agricultural Sector," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 40(2), pages 253-269, 07.
- Michael R. Moore & Ariel Dinar, 1995. "Water and Land as Quantity-Rationed Inputs in California Agriculture: Empirical Tests and Water Policy Implications," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 71(4), pages 445-461.
- K. Jegasothy & C. R. Shumway & H. Lim, 1990. "Production Technology And Input Allocations In Sri Lankan Multicrop Farming," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1), pages 33-46.
- repec:ubc:bricol:92-13 is not listed on IDEAS
- Asunka, Samuel & Shumway, C. Richard, 1996. "Allocatable Fixed Inputs And Jointness In Agricultural Production: More Implications," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 25(2), October.
- Shumway, C. Richard & Lim, Hongil, 1993. "Functional Form And U.S. Agricultural Production Elasticities," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 18(02), December.
- Moore, Michael R. & Negri, Donald H., 1992. "A Multicrop Production Model Of Irrigated Agriculture, Applied To Water Allocation Policy Of The Bureau Of Reclamation," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 17(01), July.
- Vasavada, Utpal & Ball, V. Eldon, 1988. "A dynamic adjustment model for U.S. agriculture: 1948-79," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 2(2), pages 123-137, October.
- Fulginiti, Lilyan E. & Perrin, Richard, 1990. "Argentine Agricultural Policy in a Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output Framework," Staff General Research Papers 277, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- McLaren, Keith R & Cooper, Russel J, 1980. "Intertemporal Duality: Application to the Theory of the Firm," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(7), pages 1755-62, November.
- Y. Surry, 1993. "The Constant Difference Of Elasticities Function With Applications To The Ec Animal Feed Sector," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(1), pages 110-125.
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T. & Barney, L. Dwayne, 1991. "The envelope theorem in dynamic optimization," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 355-385, April.
- Chambers, Robert G, 1989. "Recent Developments in Production Economics," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 65(190), pages 243-64, September.
- Coyle, Barry T., 1993. "On Modeling Systems Of Crop Acreage Demands," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 18(01), July.
- Taylor, Timothy G. & Monson, Michael J., 1985. "Dynamic Factor Demands for Aggregate Southeastern United States Agriculture," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 17(02), December.
- Villezca-Becerra, Pedro A. & Shumway, C. Richard, 1992. "Multiple-Output Production Modeled With Three Functional Forms," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 17(01), July.
- Shumway, C. Richard & Chesser, Rayanne R., 1994. "Pesticide Tax, Cropping Patterns, And Water Quality In South Central Texas," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(01), July.
- Mundlak, Yair, 1993. "On the Empirical Aspects of Economic Growth Theory," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 415-20, May.
- Lim, Hongil & Shumway, C Richard, 1992. "Profit Maximization, Returns to Scale, and Measurement Error," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(3), pages 430-38, August.
- Ornelas, Fermin S. & Shumway, C. Richard, 1993. "Multidimensional Evaluation Of Flexible Functional Forms For Production Analysis," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 25(02), December.
- McIntosh, Christopher S. & Williams, Albert A., 1992. "Multiproduct Production Choices And Pesticide Regulation In Georgia," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 24(01), July.
- Jeffrey T. LaFrance & Rulon D. Pope, 2008.
"Homogeneity and Supply,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(3), pages 606-612.
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T. & Pope, Rulon D, 2007. "Homogeneity and supply," CUDARE Working Paper Series 1043, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T & Pope, Rulon D., 2007. "Homogeneity and Supply," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt9kw967kf, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Perekhozhuk, Oleksandr, 2007.
"Marktstruktur und Preisbildung auf dem ukrainischen Markt für Rohmilch
[Market structure and pricing on the Ukrainian market for raw milk]," MPRA Paper 21958, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Perekhozhuk, Oleksandr, 2007. "Marktstruktur und Preisbildung auf dem ukrainischen Markt für Rohmilch," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Central and Eastern Europe, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO), volume 41, number 92322, November.
- Gocht, Alexander, 2008. "Estimating input allocation for farm supply models," 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain 6469, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Abdullahi Abdulkadri & Michael Langemeier & Allen Featherstone, 2006. "Estimating economies of scope and scale under price risk and risk aversion," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(2), pages 191-201.
- Rulon D. Pope & Jeffrey T. LaFrance & Richard E. Just, 2007. "Imperfect Price Deflation in Production Systems," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(3), pages 738-754.
- Suleiman Abrar & Oliver Morrissey & Tony Rayner, 2004. "Aggregate agricultural supply response in Ethiopia: a farm-level analysis," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(4), pages 605-620.
- Petrick, Matin & Kloss, Mathias, 2013. "Identifying Factor Productivity from Micro-data: The case of EU agriculture," Factor Markets Working Papers 144, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Jensen, Carsten Lynge, 2002. "Applications Of Dual Theory In Fisheries: A Survey," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 17(4).
- Ball, V. Eldon & Moss, Charles B. & Erickson, Kenneth W. & Nehring, Richard F., 2003. "Modeling Supply Response In A Multiproduct Framework Revisited: The Nexus Of Empirics And Economics," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 21981, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Polman, Nico B.P. & Peerlings, Jack H.M., 2002. "The Role of Transaction Costs and Bargaining Power in Wildlife and Landscape Services Production: A Micro-Econometric Model for Dutch Dairy Farms," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24948, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Boonsaeng, Tullaya & Wohlgenant, Michael K., 2006. "The Demand for Livestock by the U.S. Meat Processing Industry," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21120, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- James Shortle & David Abler & Richard Horan, 1998. "Research Issues in Nonpoint Pollution Control," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 11(3), pages 571-585, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.