Homogeneity and Supply
AbstractSupply functions in the ubiquitous Gorman class are examined for their homogeneity properties. Homogeneity places surprisingly strong restrictions on functional forms. These forms facilitate testing of aggregability given homogeneity or homogeneity given aggregability or testing both.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley in its series Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series with number qt9kw967kf.
Date of creation: 01 Jun 2007
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 207 Giannini Hall #3310, Berkeley, CA 94720-3310
Phone: (510) 642-3345
Fax: (510) 643-8911
Web page: http://www.escholarship.org/repec/are_ucb/
More information through EDIRC
Functional form; homogeneity; supply;
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jorgenson, Dale W, 1990. "Aggregate Consumer Behavior and the Measurement of Social Welfare," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(5), pages 1007-40, September.
- Jeffrey T. LaFrance, 1993. "Weak Separability in Applied Welfare Analysis," Development Research Unit Working Paper Series archive-26, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Shumway, C. Richard, 1995. "Recent Duality Contributions In Production Economics," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 20(01), July.
- Askari, Hossein & Cummings, John Thomas, 1977. "Estimating Agricultural Supply Response with the Nerlove Model: A Survey," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 257-92, June.
- Elbadawi, Ibrahim & Gallant, A Ronald & Souza, Geraldo, 1983. "An Elasticity Can Be Estimated Consistently without A Priori Knowledge of Functional Form," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(6), pages 1731-51, November.
- Hausman, Jerry A, 1981. "Exact Consumer's Surplus and Deadweight Loss," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(4), pages 662-76, September.
- Chalfant, James A, 1987. "A Globally Flexible, Almost Ideal Demand System," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 5(2), pages 233-42, April.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-26, June.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Jorgenson, Dale W & Lau, Lawrence J, 1975. "Transcendental Logarithmic Utility Functions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(3), pages 367-83, June.
- LaFrance, J. T. & Beatty, T. K. M. & Pope, R. D. & Agnew, G. K., 2002. "Information theoretic measures of the income distribution in food demand," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 107(1-2), pages 235-257, March.
- Eldon V. Ball & Ricardo Cavazos & Jeffrey T. LaFrance & Rulon Pope & Jesse Tack, 2010. "Aggregation and Arbitrage in Joint Production," Development Research Unit Working Paper Series archive-22, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Jesse Tack & Rulon Pope & Jeffrey LaFrance & Timothy Graciano & Scott Colby, 2012. "Intertemporal Risk Management in Agriculture," Development Research Unit Working Paper Series 16-12, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Jeffrey LaFrance & Rulon Pope, 2008. "The Generalized Quadratic Expenditure System," Working Papers 2008-27, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- Vincent Martinet, 2010. "Soil heterogeneity, agricultural supply and land-use change: an application to biofuels production," Working Papers 2010/05, INRA, Economie Publique.
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T., 2008.
"The structure of US food demand,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 147(2), pages 336-349, December.
- Jeffrey LaFrance & Rulon Pope & Jesse Tack, 2011.
"Risk Response in Agriculture,"
in: The Intended and Unintended Effects of U.S. Agricultural and Biotechnology Policies, pages 143-186
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vincent Martinet, 2012.
"Effect of soil heterogeneity on the welfare economics of biofuel policies,"
EconomiX Working Papers
2012-13, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Vincent Martinet, 2012. "Effect of soil heterogeneity on the welfare economics of biofuel policies," Working Papers 2012/01, INRA, Economie Publique.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.