An Elasticity Can Be Estimated Consistently without A Priori Knowledge of Functional Form
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Econometric Society in its journal Econometrica.
Volume (Year): 51 (1983)
Issue (Month): 6 (November)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barnett, William A. & Seck, Ousmane, 2006.
"Rotterdam vs Almost Ideal Models: Will the Best Demand Specification Please Stand Up?,"
417, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- William Barnett & Ousmane Seck, 2006. "Rotterdam vs Almost Ideal Models: Will the Best Demand Specification Please Stand Up?," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 200605, University of Kansas, Department of Economics.
- Chen, Heng Z. & Randall, Alan, 1997. "Semi-nonparametric estimation of binary response models with an application to natural resource valuation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 76(1-2), pages 323-340.
- W. Erwin Diewert & T.J. Wales, 1989.
"Flexible Functional Forms and Global Curvature Conditions,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0040, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diewert, Walter E & Wales, Terence J, 1987. "Flexible Functional Forms and Global Curvature Conditions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 43-68, January.
- Drake, Leigh & Fleissig, Adrian R., 2010. "Substitution between monetary assets and consumer goods: New evidence on the monetary transmission mechanism," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 2811-2821, November.
- Oliver LINTON, .
"Applied nonparametric methods,"
Statistic und Oekonometrie
9312, Humboldt Universitaet Berlin.
- Arthur Lewbel, 2001. "Demand Systems with and without Errors," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(3), pages 611-618, June.
- Berger, Allen N. & Leusner, John H. & Mingo, John J., 1997.
"The efficiency of bank branches,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 141-162, September.
- Allen N. Berger & John H. Leusner & John Mingo, 1994. "The efficiency of bank branches," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 94-26, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen Berger & John Leusner & John Mingo, 1994. "The Efficiency of Bank Branches," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 94-27, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Jeffrey T. LaFrance & Rulon D. Pope, 2008.
"Homogeneity and Supply,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(3), pages 606-612.
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T. & Pope, Rulon D, 2007. "Homogeneity and supply," CUDARE Working Paper Series 1043, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T & Pope, Rulon D., 2007. "Homogeneity and Supply," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt9kw967kf, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- S. Carbo & E. P. M. Gardener & J. Williams, 2003. "A note on technical change in banking: the case of European savings banks," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(6), pages 705-719.
- Altunbas, Y. & Gardener, E. P. M. & Molyneux, P. & Moore, B., 2001. "Efficiency in European banking," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(10), pages 1931-1955, December.
- Das, M., 2003. "Identification and sequential estimation of panel data models with insufficient exclusion restrictions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 297-328, June.
- Fleissig, Adrian & Swofford, James L., 1996. "A dynamic asymptotically ideal model of money demand," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 371-380, April.
- Das, M., 2005. "Instrumental variables estimators of nonparametric models with discrete endogenous regressors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 124(2), pages 335-361, February.
- Stoker, Thomas M., 1996. "Smoothing bias in the measurement of marginal effects," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1-2), pages 49-84.
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T & Pope, Rulon D., 2006.
"Full Rank Rational Demand Systems,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt8qx7n6p9, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.