Homogeneity and Supply
Supply functions in the ubiquitous Gorman class are examined for their homogeneity properties. Homogeneity places surprisingly strong restrictions on functional forms. These forms facilitate testing of aggregability given homogeneity or homogeneity given aggregability or testing both. Copyright 2008, Oxford University Press.
Volume (Year): 90 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shumway, C. Richard, 1995. "Recent Duality Contributions In Production Economics," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 20(01), July.
- Jeffrey T. LaFrance, 1993.
"Weak Separability in Applied Welfare Analysis,"
Monash Economics Working Papers
archive-26, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Chalfant, James A, 1987. "A Globally Flexible, Almost Ideal Demand System," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 5(2), pages 233-42, April.
- Jorgenson, Dale W & Lau, Lawrence J & Stoker, Thomas M, 1980. "Welfare Comparison under Exact Aggregation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(2), pages 268-72, May.
- Russell, Thomas & Farris, Frank, 1993. "The geometric structure of some systems of demand equations," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 309-325.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Jorgenson, Dale W & Lau, Lawrence J, 1975. "Transcendental Logarithmic Utility Functions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(3), pages 367-83, June.
- Askari, Hossein & Cummings, John Thomas, 1977. "Estimating Agricultural Supply Response with the Nerlove Model: A Survey," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 257-92, June.
- Hausman, Jerry A, 1981. "Exact Consumer's Surplus and Deadweight Loss," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(4), pages 662-76, September.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-26, June.
- LaFrance, J. T. & Beatty, T. K. M. & Pope, R. D. & Agnew, G. K., 2002. "Information theoretic measures of the income distribution in food demand," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 107(1-2), pages 235-257, March.
- Elbadawi, Ibrahim & Gallant, A Ronald & Souza, Geraldo, 1983. "An Elasticity Can Be Estimated Consistently without A Priori Knowledge of Functional Form," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(6), pages 1731-51, November.
- Russell, Thomas, 1983. "On a theorem of Gorman," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 223-224.
- Jorgenson, Dale W, 1990. "Aggregate Consumer Behavior and the Measurement of Social Welfare," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(5), pages 1007-40, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ajagec:v:90:y:2008:i:3:p:606-612. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.