Argentine Agricultural Policy in a Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output Framework
AbstractThis study shows that government interventions in Argentine agriculture substantially reduced the growth rate of output 1940-80. A multiple product, multiple input, aggregate translog profit function is estimated. Supply elasticity estimates range from zero for linseed to 1.6 for sorghum. Estimates of intervention wedges together with the estimated structure imply that export taxes, import restrictions, and domestic taxes each in isolation could have reduced aggregate output by as much as 25%-30%. These and other interventions increased beef as a share of outputs and increased the cost shares of purchased inputs and labor at the expense of capital inputs.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Iowa State University, Department of Economics in its series Staff General Research Papers with number 277.
Date of creation: 01 May 1990
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in American Journal of Agricultural Economics, May 1990, vol. 72 no. 2, pp. 279-288
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Iowa State University, Dept. of Economics, 260 Heady Hall, Ames, IA 50011-1070
Phone: +1 515.294.6741
Fax: +1 515.294.0221
Web page: http://www.econ.iastate.edu
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ball, V. Eldon & Moss, Charles B. & Erickson, Kenneth W. & Nehring, Richard F., 2003. "Modeling Supply Response In A Multiproduct Framework Revisited: The Nexus Of Empirics And Economics," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 21981, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Shumway, C. Richard, 1995. "Recent Duality Contributions In Production Economics," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 20(01), July.
- Luca Tiberti & Marco Tiberti, 2012. "Rural Policies and Poverty in Tanzania: an Agricultural Household Model-Based Assessment," Cahiers de recherche 1229, CIRPEE.
- Ronnie de Camino, 1999. "Sustainable Forest Management in Latin America: Relevant Actors and Policies," IDB Publications 30498, Inter-American Development Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephanie Bridges) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Stephanie Bridges to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.