Supply and Demand Functions for Multiproduct U.S. Cash Grain Farms: Biases Caused by Research and Other Policies
AbstractThis study presents new estimates of supply and demand elasticities for U.S. multiproduct cash grain farms and estimates of input and output bias effects caused by public and private crop research, extension, and farmers' schooling. The study also shows that the social rate of return to public crop research is large--about 62 percent.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Iowa State University, Department of Economics in its series Staff General Research Papers with number 10985.
Date of creation: 01 Aug 1989
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in American Journal of Agricultural Economics, August 1989, vol. 71 no. 3, pp. 761-773
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Iowa State University, Dept. of Economics, 260 Heady Hall, Ames, IA 50011-1070
Phone: +1 515.294.6741
Fax: +1 515.294.0221
Web page: http://www.econ.iastate.edu
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Beghin, John C. & Jensen, Helen H., 2008.
"Farm policies and added sugars in US diets,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 480-488, December.
- Beghin, John C. & Jensen, Helen H., 2008. "Farm Policies and Added Sugars in US Diets," Staff General Research Papers 12872, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- John C. Beghin & Helen H. Jensen, 2008. "Farm Policies and Added Sugars in US Diets," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 08-wp462, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Mogues, Tewodaj & Yu, Bingxin & Fan, Shenggen & Mcbride, Linden, 2012. "The impacts of public investment in and for agriculture: Synthesis of the existing evidence," IFPRI discussion papers 1217, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Rosegrant, Mark W. & Kasryno, Faisal & Perez, Nicostrato D., 1998. "Output response to prices and public investment in agriculture: Indonesian food crops," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 333-352, April.
- Plastina, Alejandro S. & Fulginiti, Lilyan E., 2007.
"Rates of Return to Public Agricultural Research in 48 U.S. States,"
2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon TN
9858, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Alejandro Plastina & Lilyan Fulginiti, 2012. "Rates of return to public agricultural research in 48 US states," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 95-113, April.
- Plastina, Alejandro S. & Fulginiti, Lilyan E., 2009. "Rates of Return to Public Agricultural Research in 48 U.S. States," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51709, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephanie Bridges) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Stephanie Bridges to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.