2008, Volume 15, Issue 4
- 724-748 Social capital in the workplace: Evidence on its formation and consequences
by Bandiera, Oriana & Barankay, Iwan & Rasul, Imran
- 749-770 The same yet different: Worker reports on labour practices and outcomes in a single firm across countries
by Freeman, Richard B. & Kruse, Douglas & Blasi, Joseph
- 771-793 Wage differentials in the presence of unobserved worker, firm, and match heterogeneity
by Woodcock, Simon D.
2008, Volume 15, Issue 3
- 291-314 The impact of international outsourcing on individual employment security: A micro-level analysis
by Geishecker, Ingo
- 315-333 Strategic militancy and the probability of strikes in union-firm bargaining
by Appelbaum, Elie
- 334-349 Holdup in oligopsonistic labour markets - a new role for the minimum wage
by Kaas, Leo & Madden, Paul
- 350-369 The importance of employer contacts: Evidence based on selection on observables and internal replication
by Johansson, Per
- 370-399 Differential effects of active labour market programs for the unemployed
by Sianesi, Barbara
- 400-405 Skill uncertainty and social inference
by Oxoby, Robert J.
- 406-422 Does the market provide sufficient employment protection?
by Burguet, Roberto & Caminal, Ramon
- 423-441 Publish or peer-rich? The role of skills and networks in hiring economics professors
by Combes, Pierre-Philippe & Linnemer, Laurent & Visser, Michael
- 442-458 How do workers fare during transition? Perceptions of job insecurity among Russian workers, 1995-2004
by Linz, Susan J. & Semykina, Anastasia
- 459-481 Entrepreneurship among married couples in the United States: A simultaneous probit approach
by Parker, Simon C.
- 482-511 Identifying the effects of firing restrictions through size-contingent differences in regulation
by Schivardi, Fabiano & Torrini, Roberto
- 512-536 Contracts and on-the-job search
by Bonilla, Roberto
2008, Volume 15, Issue 2
- 141-167 Relative rewards within team-based compensation
by Irlenbusch, Bernd & Ruchala, Gabriele K.
- 168-201 Maternity rights and mothers' return to work
by Burgess, Simon & Gregg, Paul & Propper, Carol & Washbrook, Elizabeth
- 202-214 Training hold up and social labour markets
by Chatterji, Monojit
- 215-245 Do larger severance payments increase individual job duration?
by Garibaldi, Pietro & Pacelli, Lia
- 246-271 The labour market consequences of self-employment spells: European evidence
by Hyytinen, Ari & Rouvinen, Petri
- 272-290 Is training more frequent when the wage premium is smaller? Evidence from the European Community Household Panel
by Bassanini, Andrea & Brunello, Giorgio
2008, Volume 15, Issue 1
- 1-17 Capital-skill complementarity, productivity and wages: Evidence from plant-level data for a developing country
by Yasar, Mahmut & Morrison Paul, Catherine J.
- 18-36 Extension of labor contracts and optimal backpay
by Danziger, Leif
- 37-53 Is the gender gap in school performance affected by the sex of the teacher
by Holmlund, Helena & Sund, Krister
- 54-67 Does comprehensive education work for the long-term unemployed
by Stenberg, Anders & Westerlund, Olle
- 68-77 Is there a social security tax wedge
by Cigno, Alessandro
- 78-95 Effects of employment protection on worker and job flows: Evidence from the 1990 Italian reform
by Kugler, Adriana & Pica, Giovanni
- 96-117 New evidence on cross-country differences in job satisfaction using anchoring vignettes
by Kristensen, Nicolai & Johansson, Edvard
- 118-140 Training and economic density: Some evidence form Italian provinces
by Brunello, Giorgio & De Paola, Maria
2007, Volume 14, Issue 6
- 869-(null) Challenges ahead
by Hartog, Joop
- 870-893 Identifying and Estimating the Distributions of Ex Post and Ex Ante Returns to Schooling
by Cunha, Flavio & Heckman, James J.
- 894-912 Education choice under uncertainty: Implications for public policy
by Hogan, Vincent & Walker, Ian
- 913-925 Real options and human capital investment
by Jacobs, Bas
- 926-937 Cross-sectional earnings risk and occupational sorting: The role of risk attitudes
by Bonin, Holger & Dohmen, Thomas & Falk, Armin & Huffman, David & Sunde, Uwe
- 938-956 On compensation for risk aversion and skewness affection in wages
by Hartog, Joop & Vijverberg, Wim P.M.
- 957-970 Can risk aversion explain schooling attainments? Evidence from Italy
by Belzil, Christian & Leonardi, Marco
- 971-986 The risk-return trade-off in human capital investment
by Christiansen, Charlotte & Joensen, Juanna Schroter & Nielsen, Helena Skyt
2007, Volume 14, Issue 5
- 757-773 Does immigration affect wages? A look at occupation-level evidence
by Orrenius, Pia M. & Zavodny, Madeline
- 774-787 The national internal labor market encounters the local labor market: Effects on employee retention
by Carrell, Scott E.
- 788-810 Exits from unemployment: Recall or new job
by Alba-Ramirez, Alfonso & Arranz, Jose M. & Munoz-Bullon, Fernando
- 811-828 Where did they go? Modelling transitions out of jobs
by Frederiksen, Anders & Westergaard-Nielsen, Niels
- 829-847 Wage Growth Implications of Fixed-Term Employment: An Analysis by Contract Duration and Job Mobility
by Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina & Serrano-Padial, Ricardo
- 848-868 The economics of union organization: Efficiency, information and profitability
by Ruiz-Verdu, Pablo
2007, Volume 14, Issue 4
- 681-694 Unemployment in East and West Europe
by Munich, Daniel & Svejnar, Jan
- 695-715 Real and nominal wage rigidities in collective bargaining agreements
by Christofides, Louis N. & Nearchou, Paris
- 716-729 Evidence of ethnic discrimination in the Swedish labor market using experimental data
by Carlsson, Magnus & Rooth, Dan-Olof
- 730-755 Long-run effects of training programs for the unemployed in East Germany
by Fitzenberger, Bernd & Volter, Robert
2007, Volume 14, Issue 3
- 299-317 The effect of job satisfaction on job search: Not just whether, but also where
by Delfgaauw, Josse
- 319-334 Worker absence and shirking: Evidence from matched teacher-school data
by Bradley, Steve & Green, Colin & Leeves, Gareth
- 335-345 Recall bias in the displaced workers survey: Are layoffs really lemons?
by Song, Younghwan
- 347-369 Wage incentives and wage rigidity: A representative view from within
by Agell, Jonas & Bennmarker, Helge
- 371-391 The effects of age and family constraints on gender hiring discrimination: A field experiment in the French financial sector
by Petit, Pascale
- 393-412 The effect of benefits on single motherhood in Europe
by Gonzalez, Libertad
- 413-433 The impact of obesity on employment
by Morris, Stephen
- 435-455 Occupational and industrial mobility in the United States
by Parrado, Eric & Caner, Asena & Wolff, Edward N.
- 457-484 The impact of unemployment insurance taxes on wages
by Murphy, Kevin J.
- 485-511 The effects of multiple minimum wages throughout the labor market: The case of Costa Rica
by Gindling, T.H. & Terrell, Katherine
- 513-538 Unintended consequences of child care regulations
by Blau, David M.
- 539-563 Impact of trade liberalization on firm's labour demand by skill: The case of Tunisian manufacturing
by Mouelhi, Rim Ben Ayed
- 565-573 Fertility and female labor supply in Latin America: New causal evidence
by Cruces, Guillermo & Galiani, Sebastian
- 575-602 Wages, productivity, and the dynamic interaction of businesses and workers
by Haltiwanger, John C. & Lane, Julia I. & Spletzer, James R.
- 603-621 Job mobility and careers in firms
by Ghosh, Suman
- 623-637 Estimating the shirking model with variable effort
by Strobl, Eric & Walsh, Frank
- 639-652 Duration of UI periods and the perceived threat effect from labour market programmes
by Geerdsen, Lars Pico & Holm, Anders
- 653-663 Industry-specific or generic skills? Conflicting interests of firms and workers
by Smits, W.
- 665-680 The effect of a large expansion of pre-primary school facilities on preschool attendance and maternal employment
by Berlinski, Samuel & Galiani, Sebastian
2007, Volume 14, Issue 2
- 135-151 What is the value added by caseworkers?
by Lechner, Michael & Smith, Jeffrey
- 153-183 How binding are legal limits? Transitions from temporary to permanent work in Spain
by Guell, Maia & Petrongolo, Barbara
- 185-200 Tax progression and training in a matching framework
by Hungerbuhler, Mathias
- 201-230 Youth minimum wage reform and the labour market in New Zealand
by Hyslop, Dean & Stillman, Steven
- 231-249 Skill shortages and firms' employment behaviour
by Stevens, Philip Andrew
- 251-268 Job satisfaction and quits
by Levy-Garboua, Louis & Montmarquette, Claude & Simonnet, Veronique
- 269-295 Transitions to self-employment at older ages: The role of wealth, health, health insurance and other factors
by Zissimopoulos, Julie M. & Karoly, Lynn A.
2007, Volume 14, Issue 1
- 1-23 Market conditions and worker training: How does it affect and whom?
by Majumdar, Sumon
- 25-34 Revisiting the income penalty for behaviorally gay men: Evidence from NHANES III
by Carpenter, Christopher S.
- 35-51 The determinants of hiring older workers: UK evidence
by Daniel, Kirsten & Heywood, John S.
- 53-71 Union wage premiums in Great Britain: Coverage or membership?
by Koevoets, Wim
- 73-98 Estimating wage differentials without logarithms
by Blackburn, McKinley L.
- 99-117 From the dark end of the street to the bright side of the road? The wage returns to migration in Britain
by Boheim, Rene & Taylor, Mark P.
- 119-134 A change in the earnings penalty for British men with working wives: Evidence from the 1980's and 1990's
by Blackaby, D.H. & Carlin, Paul S. & Murphy, P.D.
2006, Volume 13, Issue 6
- 665-666 Introduction
by Blank, Rebecca Margaret
- 667-697 In-work policies in Europe: Killing two birds with one stone?
by Bargain, Olivier & Orsini, Kristian
- 699-720 Did working families' tax credit work? The impact of in-work support on labour supply in Great Britain
by Brewer, Mike & Duncan, Alan & Shephard, Andrew & Suarez, Maria Jose
- 721-746 Family expenditures post-welfare reform in the UK: Are low-income families starting to catch up?
by Gregg, Paul & Waldfogel, Jane & Washbrook, Elizabeth
- 747-771 Are housing benefit an effective way to redistribute income? Evidence from a natural experiment in France
by Fack, Gabrielle
- 773-798 Unemployment duration and the interactions between unemployment insurance and social assistance
by Pellizzari, Michele
- 799-822 The latin model of welfare: Do `insertion contracts' reduce long-term dependence?
by Ayala, Luis & Rodriguez, Magdalena
2006, Volume 13, Issue 5
- 519-549 Endogenous versus exogenous allocation of prizes in teams--Theory and experimental evidence
by Sutter, Matthias
- 551-570 Lifecycle bias in estimates of intergenerational earnings persistence
by Grawe, Nathan D.
- 571-587 The return to schooling: Estimates from a sample of young Australian twins
by Miller, Paul & Mulvey, Charles & Martin, Nick
- 589-609 Expectations matter: Job prospects and turnover dynamics
by Munasinghe, Lalith
- 611-638 A gender wage gap decomposition for matched employer-employee data
by Korkeamaki, Ossi & Kyyra, Tomi
- 639-663 Wages, employment, labour turnover and the accessibility of local labour markets
by Morrison, Philip S. & Papps, Kerry L. & Poot, Jacques
2006, Volume 13, Issue 4
- 423-443 Earned income tax credit policies: Impact and optimality: The Adam Smith Lecture, 2005
by Blundell, Richard
- 445-458 Local employment growth in West Germany: A dynamic panel approach
by Blien, Uwe & Suedekum, Jens & Wolf, Katja
- 459-477 The cyclical upgrading of labor and on-the-job search
by Krause, Michael U. & Lubik, Thomas A.
- 479-492 A dynamic analysis of educational progression of children of immigrants
by Colding, Bjorg
- 493-504 Age-specific cyclical effects in job reallocation and labor mobility
by Gielen, Anne C. & van Ours, Jan C.
- 505-517 Deregulating job placement in Europe: A microeconometric evaluation of an innovative voucher scheme in Germany
by Winterhager, Henrik & Heinze, Anja & Spermann, Alexander
2006, Volume 13, Issue 3
- 291-315 The measurement of unemployment when unemployment is high
by Kingdon, Geeta & Knight, John
- 317-341 On-the-Job Learning and the Effects of Insider Power
by Diaz-Vazquez, Pilar & Snower, Dennis
- 343-356 The impact of cognitive skills on the distribution of the black-white wage gap
by O'Neill, Donal & Sweetman, Olive & Van de gaer, Dirk
- 357-386 Self-employment: the new solution for balancing family and career?
by Wellington, Alison J.
- 387-404 Wage mobility: do institutions make a difference?
by Cardoso, Ana Rute
- 405-422 The new deal for young people: effect on the labour market status of young men
by Dorsett, Richard
2006, Volume 13, Issue 2
- 143-165 Equilibrium search unemployment with explicit spatial frictions
by Wasmer, Etienne & Zenou, Yves
- 167-189 Working while enrolled in a university: does it pay?
by Hakkinen, Iida
- 191-218 Expectation formation of older married couples and the rational expectations hypothesis
by Benitez-Silva, Hugo & Dwyer, Debra S.
- 219-235 Male-female earnings differentials among lawyers in Britain: a legacy of the law or a current practice?
by McNabb, Robert & Wass, Victoria
- 237-257 Overlapping labour markets
by Sattinger, Michael
- 259-290 Minimum wages and employment in Swedish hotels and restaurants
by Skedinger, Per
2006, Volume 13, Issue 1
- 1-17 I want YOU! An experiment studying motivational effects when assigning distributive power
by Brandts, Jordi & Guth, Werner & Stiehler, Andreas
- 19-34 Estimates of the return to schooling and ability: evidence from sibling data
by Bronars, Stephen G. & Oettinger, Gerald S.
- 35-59 The returns to skill
by Ingram, Beth F. & Neumann, George R.
- 61-86 Contract duration and indexation in a period of real and nominal uncertainty
by Christofides, Louis N. & Peng, Chen
- 87-105 Wages, fringe benefits and worker turnover
by Dale-Olsen, Harald
- 107-141 Use of employees and alternative work arrangements in the United States: a law, economics, and organizations perspective
by Garen, John
2005, Volume 12, Issue 6
- 727-738 Workplace surveillance, privacy protection, and efficiency wages
by Schmitz, Patrick W.
- 739-748 The success of job applications: a new approach to program evaluation
by Falk, Armin & Lalive, Rafael & Zweimüller, Josef
- 749-772 Testing the intertemporal labor supply model: are jobs important?
by Senesky, Sarah
- 773-780 Job and vacancy competition in empirical matching functions
by Fahr, Rene & Sunde, Uwe
- 781-805 Firms' investments in general training and the skilled labour market
by Boom, Anette
- 807-835 Does subsidised temporary employment get the unemployed back to work? Aneconometric analysis of two different schemes
by Gerfin, Michael & Lechner, Michael & Steiger, Heidi
2005, Volume 12, Issue 5
- 613-628 Tax evasion and work in the underground sector
by Frederiksen, Anders & Graversen, Ebbe Krogh & Smith, Nina
- 629-648 Dynamic properties of the welfare caseload
by Haider, Steven J. & Klerman, Jacob Alex
- 649-659 Self-employment and risk aversion--evidence from psychological test data
by Ekelund, Jesper & Johansson, Edvard & Jarvelin, Marjo-Riitta & Lichtermann, Dirk
- 661-683 Cross-country differences in self-employment rates: the role of institutions
by Torrini, Roberto
- 685-696 The responsiveness of wages to labour market conditions in the UK
by Faggio, Guilia & Nickell, Stephen
- 697-725 Increasing physician supply in medically underserved areas
by Holmes, George M.
2005, Volume 12, Issue 4
- 429-448 The dynamics of repeated temporary jobs
by Gagliarducci, Stefano
- 449-468 Exits from temporary jobs in Europe: A competing risks analysis
by D'Addio, Anna Cristina & Rosholm, Michael
- 469-486 The family gap in pay in Europe: a cross-country study
by Davies, Rhys & Pierre, Gaelle
- 487-509 The wage scar from male youth unemployment
by Gregg, Paul & Tominey, Emma
- 511-530 You'll never walk alone: Childhood influences and male career path clusters
by Anyadike-Danes, Michael & McVicar, Duncan
- 531-555 Wage changes through job mobility in Europe: A multinomial endogenous switching approach
by Garcia Perez, Jose Ignacio & Rebollo Sanz, Yolanda
- 557-576 Training, productivity and wages in Italy
by Conti, Gabriella
- 577-590 Decomposition of differences in distribution using quantile regression
by Melly, Blaise
- 591-612 Men and islands: Dealing with the family in empirical labor economics
by Lundberg, Shelly
2005, Volume 12, Issue 3
- 281-299 Temporary contracts and employee effort
by Engellandt, Axel & Riphahn, Regina T.
- 301-319 Does early intervention help the unemployed youth?
by Carling, Kenneth & Larsson, Laura
- 321-343 Testing labour supply and hours constraints
by Martinez-Granado, Maite
- 345-377 Wage-setting institutions as industrial policy
by Davis, Steven J. & Henrekson, Magnus
- 379-406 Product market integration, wage dispersion and unemployment
by Andersen, Torben M.
- 407-428 Ranking of job applicants, on-the-job search, and persistent unemployment
by Eriksson, Stefan & Gottfries, Nils
2005, Volume 12, Issue 2
- 147-168 Statutory firing costs and lay-offs in Canada
by Friesen, Jane
- 169-189 Inequality and ability
by Gould, Eric D.
- 191-203 A way of explaining unemployment through a wage-setting game
by Tasnadi, Attila
- 205-222 Union wage setting and progressive income taxation with heterogeneous labor: theory and evidence from the German income tax reforms 1986-1990
by Schneider, Kerstin
- 223-249 Wage inequality and the role of multinationals: evidence from UK panel data
by Taylor, Karl & Driffield, Nigel
- 251-267 Self-selection in education with matching frictions
by Charlot, Olivier & Decreuse, Bruno
- 269-280 Incentives and selection in cyclical absenteeism
by Arai, Mahmood & Thoursie, Peter Skogman
2005, Volume 12, Issue 1
- 1-22 Does market liberalisation reduce gender discrimination? Econometric evidence from Hungary, 1986-1998
by Jolliffe, Dean & Campos, Nauro F.
- 23-45 Intertemporal female labor force behavior in a developing country: what can we learn from a limited panel?
by Glick, Peter & Sahn, David
- 47-71 Do single women value early retirement more than single men?
by Moller Dano, Anne & Ejrnaes, Mette & Husted, Leif
- 73-97 The evolution of the gender wage gap
by Kunze, Astrid
- 99-123 Employment after motherhood: a European comparison
by Gutierrez-Domenech, Maria
- 125-145 Gender wage gap in expectations and realizations
by Filippin, Antonio & Ichino, Andrea
2004, Volume 11, Issue 6
- 669-686 Hierarchies in organisations and labour market competition
by De Fraja, Gianni
- 687-700 Signaling and strategically delayed promotion
by Ishida, Junichiro
- 701-714 Overeducation, wages and promotions within the firm
by Groeneveld, Sandra & Hartog, Joop
- 715-740 Employee participation and productivity
by Zwick, Thomas
- 741-763 Performance, seniority, and wages: formal salary systems and individual earnings profiles
by Dohmen, Thomas J.
- 765-783 Trainers' dilemma of choosing between training and promotion
by Eguchi, Kyota
- 785-798 Measuring the impact of work reorganization on firm performance: evidence from French manufacturing, 1995-1999
by Janod, Veronique & Saint-Martin, Anne
- v-vii Report of the Editor in Chief to the September 2004 Executive Committee of the European Association of Labor Economics 27 July, 2004
by Ichino, Andrea
2004, Volume 11, Issue 5
- 527-554 Internal and external labor markets: a personnel economics approach
by Lazear, Edward P. & Oyer, Paul
- 555-573 Gender earnings gap: the role of firm specific effects
by Meng, Xin
- 575-598 The labor market consequences of experience in self-employment
by Bruce, Donald & Schuetze, Herbert J.
- 599-622 Labour market signalling and job turnover revisited
by Banerjee, Dyuti S. & Gaston, Noel
- 623-645 Endogenous wage dispersion in a search-matching model
by Rosholm, Michael & Svarer, Michael
- 647-665 The impact of working-time reductions on actual hours and wages: evidence from Swedish register-data
by Skans, Oskar Nordstrom
2004, Volume 11, Issue 4
- 395-413 The welfare cost of taxation in a labour market with unemployment and non-participation
by Hogan, Vincent
- 415-429 Compulsory work-focused interviews for inactive benefit claimants: an evaluation of the British ONE pilots
by Kirby, Simon & Riley, Rebecca
- 431-450 How flexible are wages in EU accession countries?
by Iara, Anna & Traistaru, Iulia
- 451-468 Job turnover, unemployment and labor market institutions
by Joseph, G. & Pierrard, O. & Sneessens, H. R.
- 469-485 Gross job flows and institutions in Europe
by Gomez-Salvador, Ramon & Messina, Julian & Vallanti, Giovanna
- 487-506 Evaluating the effectiveness of private education across countries: a comparison of methods
by Vandenberghe, V. & Robin, S.
- 507-523 What does it take to be (counted as) unemployed? The case of Spain
by Garrido, Luis & Toharia, Luis
2004, Volume 11, Issue 3
- 265-291 Technological change, organizational change, and job turnover
by Bauer, Thomas K. & Bender, Stefan
- 293-313 The myth of worksharing
by Kapteyn, Arie & Kalwij, Adriaan & Zaidi, Asghar
- 315-334 The effects of grants and wages on municipal labour demand
by Bergstrom, Pal & Dahlberg, Matz & Mork, Eva
- 335-354 The relative efficiency of labor market programs: Swedish experience from the 1990s
by Carling, Kenneth & Richardson, Katarina
- 355-371 Does education reduce wage inequality? Quantile regression evidence from 16 countries
by Martins, Pedro S. & Pereira, Pedro T.
- 373-393 Revisiting the family investment hypothesis
by Cobb-Clark, Deborah & Crossley, Thomas F.
2004, Volume 11, Issue 2
- 145-163 Monopsony and the efficiency of labour market interventions
by Manning, Alan
- 165-189 Ownership, firm size and rent sharing in Bulgaria
by Dobbelaere, Sabien
- 191-218 A hobo syndrome? Mobility, wages, and job turnover
by Munasinghe, Lalith & Sigman, Karl
- 219-241 Age discrimination legislation and the employment of older workers
by Adams, Scott J.
- 243-264 Learning from strikes
by Tournadre, Fabienne & Villeval, Marie-Claire
2004, Volume 11, Issue 1
- 1-31 Employment relationships in the new economy
by Neumark, David & Reed, Deborah
- 33-58 International comparisons of productivity growth: the role of information technology and regulatory practices
by Gust, Christopher & Marquez, Jaime
- 59-83 Wage premia and skill upgrading in Italy: why didn't the hound bark?
by Manasse, Paolo & Stanca, Luca & Turrini, Alessandro
- 85-98 Are computer skills the new basic skills? The returns to computer, writing and math skills in Britain
by Borghans, Lex & ter Weel, Bas
- 99-117 The impact of office machinery, and computer capital on the demand for heterogeneous labour
by Falk, Martin & Koebel, Bertrand M.
- 119-127 Has the Internet changed the wage structure too?
by Lee, Sang-Hyop & Kim, Jonghyuk
- 129-144 Are intellectual property rights unfair?
by Saint-Paul, Gilles
- vii-vii Editorial Announcement
by Ichino, Andrea
2003, Volume 10, Issue 6
- 629-642 Sexual orientation discrimination in hiring
by Weichselbaumer, Doris
- 643-658 Screening discrimination and the determinants of wages
by Pinkston, Joshua C.
- 659-679 Social exclusion and labour market transitions: a multi-state multi-spell analysis using the BHPS
by Bradley, Steve & Crouchley, Rob & Oskrochi, Reza