Citations for "Taxes, inequality and the size of the informal sector"
by Dessy, Sylvain & Pallage, Stephane
- Toke Aidt & Jayasri Dutta & Vania Sena, 2006.
"Governance Regimes, Corruption and Growth: Theory and Evidence,"
15_2006, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Aidt, Toke & Dutta, Jayasri & Sena, Vania, 2008. "Governance regimes, corruption and growth: Theory and evidence," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 195-220, June.
- Lewis S. Davis, 2004. "Explaining the Evidence on Inequality and Growth: Informality and Redistribution," DEGIT Conference Papers c009_032, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Joshua Aizenman & Yothin Jinjarak, 2009.
"Globalisation and Developing Countries - a Shrinking Tax Base?,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(5), pages 653-671.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Jinjarak, Yothin, 2006. "Globalization and Developing Countries - a Shrinking Tax Base ?," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt8r12k4xr, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Joshua Aizenman & Yothin Jinjarak, 2006. "Globalization and Developing Countries - A Shrinking Tax Base?," NBER Working Papers 11933, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bandopadhyay, Titas Kumar, 2014. "Economic Reforms, Frictional Unemployment and Wage Inequality-----A General Equilibrium Analysis," MPRA Paper 59819, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Loayza, Norman V. & Rigolini, Jamele, 2006. "Informality trends and cycles," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4078, The World Bank.
- Sylvain Dessy & Stephane Pallage, 2002.
"Fertility, Education, and Market Failures,"
Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers
148, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Jung, Juergen & Tran, Chung, 2012.
"The extension of social security coverage in developing countries,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 439-458.
- Chung Tran & Juergen Jung, 2007. "The Extension of Social Security Coverage in Developing Countries," Caepr Working Papers 2007-026, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
- Juergen Jung & Chung Tran, 2011. "The Extension of Social Security Coverage in Developing Countries," Working Papers 2011-06, Towson University, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2011.
- Paul Maarek, 2012.
"Labor share, Informal sector and Development,"
THEMA Working Papers
2012-34, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Kammas, Pantelis & Litina, Anastasia & Palivos, Theodore, 2013. "The Quality of Public Education in Unequal Societies: The Role of Tax Institutions," MPRA Paper 52193, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arbex, Marcelo, 2013. "Tax enforcement policies, tax evasion and time allocation," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 285-293.
- Andrew Feltenstein & Musharraf Cyan, 2012. "A Computational General Equilibrium Approach to Sectoral Analysis for Tax Potential: An Application to Pakistan," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1226, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Kathuria, Vinish & Rajesh Raj, S.N. & Sen, Kunal, 2013. "The effects of economic reforms on manufacturing dualism: Evidence from India," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 1240-1262.
- Zenou, Yves, 2008. "Job search and mobility in developing countries. Theory and policy implications," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 336-355, June.
- Adam, Antonis & Kammas, Pantelis, 2012. "(Tax evasion) power to the people: does "early democratization" increase the size of the informal sector?," MPRA Paper 43343, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ozan Hatipoglu & Gulenay Ozbek, 2011.
"On the political economy of the informal sector and income redistribution,"
European Journal of Law and Economics,
Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 69-87, August.
- Hatipoglu, Ozan & Ozbek, Gulenay, 2008. "On the Political Economy of the Informal Sector and Income Redistribution," MPRA Paper 7857, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ozan Hatipoglu & Gulenay Ozbek, 2007. "On the Political Economy of the Informal Sector and Income Redistribution," Working Papers 2007/11, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Luisanna Onnis & Patrizio Tirelli, 2011. "Institutions, policies and economic development. What are the causes of the shadow economy?," Working Papers 206, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2011.
- Chong, Alberto & Gradstein, Mark, 2006.
"Inequality and Informality,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5545, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Victor Tanaka, 2010. "The ‘informal sector’ and the political economy of development," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 145(1), pages 295-317, October.
- Sugata Marjit & Amit K. Biswas, 2011.
"Informality, Corruption and Trade Reform,"
Trade Working Papers
22896, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Pratap, Sangeeta & Quintin, Erwan, 2006. "The Informal Sector in Developing Countries: Output, Assets and Employment," WIDER Working Paper Series 130, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Erol Taymaz, 2009. "Informality and Productivity: Productivity Differentials between Formal and Informal Firms in Turkey," ERC Working Papers 0901, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Mar 2009.
- Pablo Acosta & Gabriel Montes-Rojas, 2014.
"Informal Jobs and Trade Liberalisation in Argentina,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(8), pages 1104-1118, August.
- Montes-Rojas, G. & Acosta, P., 2013. "Informal Jobs and Trade Liberalisation in Argentina," Working Papers 13/10, Department of Economics, City University London.
- P R Agénor, 2005.
"The Analytics of Segmented Labor Markets,"
Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series
52, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit & Mukhopadhyay, Ujjaini, 2009. "Revisiting the Informal Sector: A General Equilibrium Approach," MPRA Paper 52135, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Amin, Mohammad & Islam, Asif, 2015. "Are Large Informal Firms More Productive than the Small Informal Firms? Evidence from Firm-Level Surveys in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 374-385.
- Era Dabla-Norris & Andrew Feltenstein, 2005. "The underground economy and its macroeconomic consequences," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 153-174.
- Jorge Alonso-Ortiz & Julio Leal, 2013.
"The elasticity of Informality to Taxes and tranfers,"
1308, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- Alonso-Ortiz, Jorge & Leal Ordonez, Julio, 2013. "The Elasticity of Informality to Taxes and Transfers," MPRA Paper 49568, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Agenor,Pierre-Richard, 2003. "The mini-integrated macroeconomic model for poverty analysis : a framework for analyzing the unemployment and poverty effects of fiscal and labor market reforms," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3067, The World Bank.
- Antunes, Antonio R. & Cavalcanti, Tiago V. de V., 2007. "Start up costs, limited enforcement, and the hidden economy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 203-224, January.
- Arbex, Marcelo & Galvao, Antonio F. & Gomes, Fábio Augusto Reis, 2010. "Heterogeneity in the Returns to Education and Informal Activities," Insper Working Papers wpe_216, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Paul Maarek & Elsa Orgiazzi, 2014. "Labor Share and development," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201410, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Loayza, Norman V. & Rigolini, Jamele, 2011. "Informal Employment: Safety Net or Growth Engine?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1503-1515, September.
- Cecilia Garcia-Penalosa & Stephen Turnovsky, 2004.
"Second-Best Optimal Taxation of Capital and Labor in a Developing Economy,"
UWEC-2004-05-P, University of Washington, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2004.
- Garcia Penalosa, Cecilia & Turnovsky, Stephen J., 2005. "Second-best optimal taxation of capital and labor in a developing economy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(5-6), pages 1045-1074, June.
- Cecilia Garcia Penalosa & Stephen J. Turnovsky, 2003. "Second-Best Optimal Taxation of Capital and Labor in a Developing Economy," IDEP Working Papers 0307, Institut d'economie publique (IDEP), Marseille, France.
- Heid, Benedikt, 2014. "Preferential Trade Agreements, Unemployment, and the Informal Sector," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100376, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Hideaki Goto & Yukichi Mano, 2012. "Labor market competitiveness and the size of the informal sector," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 25(2), pages 495-509, January.