Zwei Utopien jenseits des Weltstaates und der Anarchie
To overcome problems produced by globalization, some people see the solution in a World Government while others see it in an autarchic global market without any government intervention. Both solutions are rejected due to their major shortcomings. Two superior solutions are proposed: (1) A net of Functional, Overlapping Democratic Jurisdictions (FOCJ) confirming to a geography of problems; (2) The free choice of individuals to become citizens not only simultaneously in various nations but also in semi-public, non-governmental and private organizations as well as in private firms. The advantages and disadvantages of these proposals are discussed.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Schönberggasse 1, CH-8001 Zürich|
Phone: +41-1-634 21 37
Fax: +41-1-634 49 82
Web page: http://www.econ.uzh.ch/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Feld, Lars P., 2000. "Steuerwettbewerb und seine Auswirkungen auf Allokation und Distribution," Beiträge zur Finanzwissenschaft, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, edition 1, volume 10, number urn:isbn:9783161473852, January.
- Joseph F. Francois & Felix Eschenbach, 2002.
"Financial Sector Competition, Service Trade, and Growth,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
02-089/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Eschenbach, Felix & Francois, Joseph, 2002. "Financial Sector Competition, Services Trade, and Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 3573, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ernst Fehr & Simon Gächter, 2000.
"Fairness and Retaliation: The Economics of Reciprocity,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 159-181, Summer.
- Ernst Fehr & Simon Gaechter, 2000. "Fairness and Retaliation: The Economics of Reciprocity," CESifo Working Paper Series 336, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ernst Fehr & Simon Gaechter, . "Fairness and Retaliation: The Economics of Reciprocitys," IEW - Working Papers 040, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Samuel Bowles & Herbert Gintis, 2000.
"The Evolution of Strong Reciprocity,"
UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers
2000-05, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Giovanni Andrea Cornia, 2003.
"The Impact of Liberalisation and Globalisation on Income Inequality in Developing and Transitional Economies,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
843, CESifo Group Munich.
- Cornia, Giovanni Andrea, 2003. "The impact of liberalization and globalization on income inequality in developing and transitional economies," ILO Working Papers 365056, International Labour Organization.
- Frey, Bruno S, 1994. "Direct Democracy: Politico-economic Lessons from Swiss Experience," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 338-42, May.
- Eichenberger, Reiner & Frey, Bruno S, 2002. "Democratic Governance for a Globalized World," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(2), pages 265-88.
- Günther G. Schulze & Heinrich W. Ursprung, 1999. "Globalisation of the Economy and the Nation State," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(3), pages 295-352, 05.
- Alois Stutzer & Bruno S. Frey, 2004.
"Making International Organizations More Democratic,"
CREMA Working Paper Series
2004-28, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Stutzer Alois & Frey Bruno S., 2006. "Making International Organizations More Democratic," Review of Law & Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 1(3), pages 305-330, January.
- Bruno S. Frey & Alois Stutzer, . "Making International Organizations More Democratic," IEW - Working Papers 217, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Casella, Alessandra, 1992.
"Arbitration in International Trade,"
Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers
233173, University of California-Berkeley, Department of Economics.
- Alessandra Casella., 1992. "Arbitration in International Trade," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C92-003, University of California at Berkeley.
- Casella, Alessandra, 1992. "Arbitration in International Trade," CEPR Discussion Papers 721, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alessandra Casella, 1992. "Arbitration in International Trade," NBER Working Papers 4136, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Casella, Alessandra, 1996. "On market integration and the development of institutions: The case of international commercial arbitration," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 155-186, January.
- David H. Romer & Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1999. "Does Trade Cause Growth?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 379-399, June.
- Bruno S. Frey & Reto Jegen, 2000. "Motivation Crowding Theory: A Survey of Empirical Evidence," CESifo Working Paper Series 245, CESifo Group Munich.
- Vanberg, Viktor J, 2000. "Functional Federalism: Communal or Individual Rights?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(3), pages 363-86.
- Mueller,Dennis C., 2003. "Public Choice III," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521894753, November.
- Schaltegger, Christoph A. & Frey, René L., 2001. "Föderalismus zwischen dezentraler Autonomie und zentralstaatlicher Koordination," Wirtschaftsdienst – Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftspolitik (1949 - 2007), ZBW – German National Library of Economics / Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, vol. 81(3), pages 176-180.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zur:iewwpx:258. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marita Kieser)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.