Zwei Utopien jenseits des Weltstaates und der Anarchie
To overcome problems produced by globalization, some people see the solution in a World Government while others see it in an autarchic global market without any government intervention. Both solutions are rejected due to their major shortcomings. Two superior solutions are proposed: (1) A net of Functional, Overlapping Democratic Jurisdictions (FOCJ) confirming to a geography of problems; (2) The free choice of individuals to become citizens not only simultaneously in various nations but also in semi-public, non-governmental and private organizations as well as in private firms. The advantages and disadvantages of these proposals are discussed.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Gellerstrasse 24, 4052 Basel|
Web page: http://www.crema-research.ch
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David H. Romer & Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1999. "Does Trade Cause Growth?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 379-399, June.
- Eschenbach, Felix & Francois, Joseph, 2002.
"Financial Sector Competition, Services Trade, and Growth,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3573, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joseph F. Francois & Felix Eschenbach, 2002. "Financial Sector Competition, Service Trade, and Growth," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 02-089/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Günther G. Schulze & Heinrich W. Ursprung, 1999. "Globalisation of the Economy and the Nation State," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(3), pages 295-352, 05.
- Ernst Fehr & Simon G�chter, 2000.
"Fairness and Retaliation: The Economics of Reciprocity,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 159-181, Summer.
- Ernst Fehr & Simon Gaechter, 2000. "Fairness and Retaliation: The Economics of Reciprocity," CESifo Working Paper Series 336, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ernst Fehr & Simon Gaechter, . "Fairness and Retaliation: The Economics of Reciprocitys," IEW - Working Papers 040, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Mueller,Dennis C., 2003. "Public Choice III," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521894753.
- Bruno S. Frey & Alois Stutzer, .
"Making International Organizations More Democratic,"
IEW - Working Papers
217, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Stutzer Alois & Frey Bruno S., 2006. "Making International Organizations More Democratic," Review of Law & Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 1(3), pages 305-330, January.
- Alois Stutzer & Bruno S. Frey, 2004. "Making International Organizations More Democratic," CREMA Working Paper Series 2004-28, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Bruno S. Frey & Reto Jegen, 2000. "Motivation Crowding Theory: A Survey of Empirical Evidence," CESifo Working Paper Series 245, CESifo Group Munich.
- Feld, Lars P., 2000. "Steuerwettbewerb und seine Auswirkungen auf Allokation und Distribution," Beiträge zur Finanzwissenschaft, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, edition 1, volume 10, number urn:isbn:9783161473852, June.
- Casella, Alessandra, 1996. "On market integration and the development of institutions: The case of international commercial arbitration," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 155-186, January.
- Vanberg, Viktor J, 2000. "Functional Federalism: Communal or Individual Rights?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(3), pages 363-86.
- Schaltegger, Christoph A. & Frey, René L., 2001. "Föderalismus zwischen dezentraler Autonomie und zentralstaatlicher Koordination," Wirtschaftsdienst – Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftspolitik (1998 - 2007), ZBW – German National Library of Economics / Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, vol. 81(3), pages 176-180.
- Cornia, Giovanni Andrea, 2003.
"The impact of liberalization and globalization on income inequality in developing and transitional economies,"
ILO Working Papers
365056, International Labour Organization.
- Giovanni Andrea Cornia, 2003. "The Impact of Liberalisation and Globalisation on Income Inequality in Developing and Transitional Economies," CESifo Working Paper Series 843, CESifo Group Munich.
- Frey, Bruno S, 1994. "Direct Democracy: Politico-economic Lessons from Swiss Experience," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 338-42, May.
- Samuel Bowles & Herbert Gintis, 2000.
"The Evolution of Strong Reciprocity,"
UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers
2000-05, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Casella, Alessandra, 1992.
"Arbitration in International Trade,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
721, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alessandra Casella, 1992. "Arbitration in International Trade," NBER Working Papers 4136, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alessandra Casella., 1992. "Arbitration in International Trade," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C92-003, University of California at Berkeley.
- Eichenberger, Reiner & Frey, Bruno S, 2002. "Democratic Governance for a Globalized World," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(2), pages 265-88.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cra:wpaper:2005-32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna-Lea Werlen)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.