Zwei Utopien jenseits des Weltstaates und der Anarchie
To overcome problems produced by globalization, some people see the solution in a World Government while others see it in an autarchic global market without any government intervention. Both solutions are rejected due to their major shortcomings. Two superior solutions are proposed: (1) A net of Functional, Overlapping Democratic Jurisdictions (FOCJ) confirming to a geography of problems; (2) The free choice of individuals to become citizens not only simultaneously in various nations but also in semi-public, non-governmental and private organizations as well as in private firms. The advantages and disadvantages of these proposals are discussed.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Gellerstrasse 24, 4052 Basel|
Web page: http://www.crema-research.ch
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stutzer Alois & Frey Bruno S., 2006.
"Making International Organizations More Democratic,"
Review of Law & Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 1(3), pages 305-330, January.
- Bruno S. Frey & Alois Stutzer, . "Making International Organizations More Democratic," IEW - Working Papers 217, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Alois Stutzer & Bruno S. Frey, 2004. "Making International Organizations More Democratic," CREMA Working Paper Series 2004-28, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Joseph F. Francois & Felix Eschenbach, 2002.
"Financial Sector Competition, Service Trade, and Growth,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
02-089/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Eschenbach, Felix & Francois, Joseph, 2002. "Financial Sector Competition, Services Trade, and Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 3573, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Feld, Lars P., 2000. "Steuerwettbewerb und seine Auswirkungen auf Allokation und Distribution," Beiträge zur Finanzwissenschaft, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, edition 1, volume 10, number urn:isbn:9783161473852, May.
- Bruno S. Frey & Reto Jegen, 2000. "Motivation Crowding Theory: A Survey of Empirical Evidence," CESifo Working Paper Series 245, CESifo Group Munich.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 2002.
"The World Distribution of Income (estimated from Individual Country Distributions),"
NBER Working Papers
8933, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 2002. "The world distribution of income (estimated from individual country distributions)," Economics Working Papers 615, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised May 2002.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 2002.
"The Disturbing "Rise" of Global Income Inequality,"
NBER Working Papers
8904, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vanberg, Viktor J, 2000. "Functional Federalism: Communal or Individual Rights?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(3), pages 363-86.
- Ernst Fehr & Simon Gaechter, .
"Fairness and Retaliation: The Economics of Reciprocitys,"
IEW - Working Papers
040, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Ernst Fehr & Simon Gächter, 2000. "Fairness and Retaliation: The Economics of Reciprocity," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 159-181, Summer.
- Ernst Fehr & Simon Gaechter, 2000. "Fairness and Retaliation: The Economics of Reciprocity," CESifo Working Paper Series 336, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:365056 is not listed on IDEAS
- Casella, Alessandra, 1992.
"Arbitration in International Trade,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
721, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Casella, Alessandra, 1992. "Arbitration in International Trade," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers 233173, University of California-Berkeley, Department of Economics.
- Alessandra Casella., 1992. "Arbitration in International Trade," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C92-003, University of California at Berkeley.
- Alessandra Casella, 1992. "Arbitration in International Trade," NBER Working Papers 4136, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Günther G. Schulze & Heinrich W. Ursprung, 1999. "Globalisation of the Economy and the Nation State," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(3), pages 295-352, 05.
- Paul Krugman, 1997. "Pop Internationalism," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262611333, March.
- Giovanni Andrea Cornia, 2003.
"The Impact of Liberalisation and Globalisation on Income Inequality in Developing and Transitional Economies,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
843, CESifo Group Munich.
- Cornia, Giovanni Andrea., 2003. "The impact of liberalization and globalization on income inequality in developing and transitional economies," ILO Working Papers 993650563402676, International Labour Organization.
- Casella, Alessandra, 1996. "On market integration and the development of institutions: The case of international commercial arbitration," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 155-186, January.
- Samuel Bowles & Herbert Gintis, 2000.
"The Evolution of Strong Reciprocity,"
UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers
2000-05, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Frey, Bruno S, 1994. "Direct Democracy: Politico-economic Lessons from Swiss Experience," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 338-42, May.
- Mueller,Dennis C., 2003. "Public Choice III," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521894753, December.
- Schaltegger, Christoph A. & Frey, René L., 2001. "Föderalismus zwischen dezentraler Autonomie und zentralstaatlicher Koordination," Wirtschaftsdienst – Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftspolitik (1949 - 2007), ZBW – German National Library of Economics / Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, vol. 81(3), pages 176-180.
- Mueller,Dennis C. (ed.), 1997. "Perspectives on Public Choice," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521553773, December.
- Eichenberger, Reiner & Frey, Bruno S, 2002. "Democratic Governance for a Globalized World," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(2), pages 265-88.
- David H. Romer & Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1999. "Does Trade Cause Growth?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 379-399, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cra:wpaper:2005-32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna-Lea Werlen)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.