R&D incentives, compatibility and network externalities
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kristiansen, Eirik Gaard, 1996. "R&D in markets with network externalities," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 769-784, October.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Maskin, Eric, 1987. "The Simple Economics of Research Portfolios," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 97(387), pages 581-595, September.
- Joseph Farrell & Michael L. Katz, 2005. "Competition Or Predation? Consumer Coordination, Strategic Pricing And Price Floors In Network Markets," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(2), pages 203-231, June.
- De Bijl, Paul W. J. & Goyal, Sanjeev, 1995.
"Technological change in markets with network externalities,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 307-325, September.
- de Bijl, P.W.J. & Goyal, S., 1992. "Technological change in markets with network externalities," Discussion Paper 1992-33, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- De Bijl, P.W.J. & Goyal, S., 1992. "Technological Change in Markets with Network Externalities," Papers 9233, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1985. "Network Externalities, Competition, and Compatibility," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 424-440, June.
- Stanley M. Besen & Joseph Farrell, 1994. "Choosing How to Compete: Strategies and Tactics in Standardization," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 117-131, Spring.
More about this item
KeywordsNetwork externalities; Innovation; Imperfect Competition;
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- D85 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Network Formation
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-04-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2007-04-14 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IPR-2007-04-14 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-MIC-2007-04-14 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-NET-2007-04-14 (Network Economics)
- NEP-PPM-2007-04-14 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
- NEP-SOC-2007-04-14 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:zewdip:5486. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/zemande.html .