Success breeds success locally: a tale of incubator firms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zoltan J. Acs & David B. Audretsch & Pontus Braunerhjelm & Bo Carlsson, 2005.
"Growth and Entrepreneurship: An Empirial Assessment,"
Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy
2005-32, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Acs, Zoltán J & Audretsch, David B & Braunerhjelm, Pontus & Carlsson, Bo, 2006. "Growth and Entrepreneurship: An Empirical Assessment," CEPR Discussion Papers 5409, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Inci, Eren, 2013.
"Occupational choice and the quality of entrepreneurs,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 1-21.
- Eren Inci, 2007. "Occupational Choice and the Quality of Entrepreneurs," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 666, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Bates, Timothy, 2005.
"Analysis of young, small firms that have closed: delineating successful from unsuccessful closures,"
Journal of Business Venturing,
Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 343-358, May.
- Timothy Bates, 2002. "Analysis of Young Small Firms That Have Closed: Delineating Successful from Unsuccessful Closures," Working Papers 02-24, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Glaeser, Edward L & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1992.
"Growth in Cities,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(6), pages 1126-1152, December.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1991. "Growth in Cities," NBER Working Papers 3787, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glaeser, Edward Ludwig & Kallal, Hedi D. & Scheinkman, Jose A. & Shleifer, Andrei, 1992. "Growth in Cities," Scholarly Articles 3451309, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Venkatesh Bala & Sanjeev Goyal, 2000. "A Noncooperative Model of Network Formation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(5), pages 1181-1230, September.
- Eren Inci, 2004. "A Model of R&D Tax Incentives," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 597, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 09 Oct 2006.
- Petersen, Mitchell A & Rajan, Raghuram G, 1994. " The Benefits of Lending Relationships: Evidence from Small Business Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(1), pages 3-37, March.
- Nicola Brandt, 2005. "Business Dynamics and Policies," OECD Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2004(1), pages 9-36.
- Arnott, Richard & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1991. "Moral Hazard and Nonmarket Institutions: Dysfunctional Crowding Out or Peer Monitoring?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 179-190, March.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mehmet Bac & Eren Inci, 2010.
"The Old‐Boy Network and the Quality of Entrepreneurs,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(4), pages 889-918, December.
- Mehmet Bac & Eren Inci, 2010. "The Old-Boy Network and the Quality of Entrepreneurs," CESifo Working Paper Series 3071, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
Keywordsagglomeration; entrepreneur; dispersion; innovation; local financiers; networks; regional economies; project financing; signaling; start-up;
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-04-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2007-04-14 (Business Economics)
- NEP-ENT-2007-04-14 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-GEO-2007-04-14 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-HIS-2007-04-14 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-PPM-2007-04-14 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
- NEP-URE-2007-04-14 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:zewdip:5465. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/zemande.html .