Success breeds success locally: a tale of incubator firms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Inci, Eren, 2013.
"Occupational choice and the quality of entrepreneurs,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 1-21.
- Eren Inci, 2007. "Occupational Choice and the Quality of Entrepreneurs," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 666, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Bates, Timothy, 2005.
"Analysis of young, small firms that have closed: delineating successful from unsuccessful closures,"
Journal of Business Venturing,
Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 343-358, May.
- Timothy Bates, 2002. "Analysis of Young Small Firms That Have Closed: Delineating Successful from Unsuccessful Closures," Working Papers 02-24, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Zoltan J. Acs & David B. Audretsch & Pontus Braunerhjelm & Bo Carlsson, 2005.
"Growth and Entrepreneurship: An Empirial Assessment,"
Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy
2005-32, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Acs, Zoltán J & Audretsch, David B & Braunerhjelm, Pontus & Carlsson, Bo, 2006. "Growth and Entrepreneurship: An Empirical Assessment," CEPR Discussion Papers 5409, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nicola Brandt, 2005. "Business Dynamics and Policies," OECD Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2004(1), pages 9-36.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Glaeser, Edward L & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1992.
"Growth in Cities,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(6), pages 1126-1152, December.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1991. "Growth in Cities," NBER Working Papers 3787, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glaeser, Edward Ludwig & Kallal, Hedi D. & Scheinkman, Jose A. & Shleifer, Andrei, 1992. "Growth in Cities," Scholarly Articles 3451309, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Arnott, Richard & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1991. "Moral Hazard and Nonmarket Institutions: Dysfunctional Crowding Out or Peer Monitoring?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 179-190, March.
- Venkatesh Bala & Sanjeev Goyal, 2000. "A Noncooperative Model of Network Formation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(5), pages 1181-1230, September.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Eren Inci, 2004. "A Model of R&D Tax Incentives," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 597, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 09 Oct 2006.
- Petersen, Mitchell A & Rajan, Raghuram G, 1994. " The Benefits of Lending Relationships: Evidence from Small Business Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(1), pages 3-37, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mehmet Bac & Eren Inci, 2010.
"The Old‐Boy Network and the Quality of Entrepreneurs,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(4), pages 889-918, December.
- Mehmet Bac & Eren Inci, 2010. "The Old-Boy Network and the Quality of Entrepreneurs," CESifo Working Paper Series 3071, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
Keywordsagglomeration; entrepreneur; dispersion; innovation; local financiers; networks; regional economies; project financing; signaling; start-up;
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-04-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2007-04-14 (Business Economics)
- NEP-ENT-2007-04-14 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-GEO-2007-04-14 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-HIS-2007-04-14 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-PPM-2007-04-14 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
- NEP-URE-2007-04-14 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:zewdip:5465. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/zemande.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.